job search

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (12)

philip robinson in Birmingham, Alabama

88 months ago

I am a black switch technician I have been in the tellecommunication field for over 27 yrs. I recently moved back to alabama because my daughter has loopus and her daughter has cerebal palsy. I have been looking for a job since november. eveeryone says sorry, we did not pick you. I have ericsson MSC/BSC ,CELLSITE DATAFILL,NOKIA-BSC,ALCATEL DACS1630/31/71,TELLABS6500/532L/532, COMVERSE/GLENAYRE/ANYPATH-VOICEMAI. and much more experience yet I keep hearing we didn't select you. How can I get a interviewbetter

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrew Trevino in Worcester, Massachusetts

87 months ago

keep looking bro, you will land one! Just remember the One who holds everything in His hand.....

87 months ago

thanks for the uplifting words I do know who holds everything,thanks and may GOD bless.

Steven Chaves in Rosemead, California

87 months ago

I am i cable tech thats been in the bez for about 8 years .i want to move into the switch end of the telecom ,any in-put would be some help

87 months ago

stephen,I don't know what you mean by cable guy, are you installing cable, what type of cable and what technology are you working in. If you are working with a switch tech in your enviroment then they are the ones who can tell you the progression to take. If you have a technical background in electronics then you can look on techn libraries to improve your knowledge and switching knowledge. First determine what technology you want and the internet can guide you to the requirements.

steven chaves in Monterey Park, California

86 months ago

philip robinson in Birmingham, Alabama said: stephen,I don't know what you mean by cable guy, are you installing cable, what type of cable and what technology are you working in. If you are working with a switch tech in your enviroment then they are the ones who can tell you the progression to take. If you have a technical background in electronics then you can look on techn libraries to improve your knowledge and switching knowledge. First determine what technology you want and the internet can guide you to the requirements.

Phillip,sorry for not giving more details..I have been installing and pulling Cat5 & 6 and terminating to the jack or switch. but I have installed computers,security camaras ect. this helps in the big picture.basicly I want a c.o. or in houes tech. I have come across guys that clam that lot of the jobs are being outsoured.is there career in it or not....

thanks for the input

Steven Chaves

Oh No! in Stamford, Connecticut

86 months ago

Steve - are you over 45 years old? If so, age discrimination could be a factor.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Fifty and Fabulous in Denver, Colorado

86 months ago

Why -- is 45 the magic number these days?

If you live in the Denver area, check out "Fifty and Fabulous" thru the workforce development center of the labor dept.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cat5 in palmdale, California

51 months ago

well i am STILL LOOKING!!! for that in-house or field tech GIG.the last time I posted anything I was shot with my question.like I stated before I have been in the biz.for the last 8+ years I have been working as a telecomunication tech.to be more direct I have done cable tech stuff like pulling & terminating dressing punching down C5 &6E.also installing computers,switchs.changing power pack in the switch rooms and programming. that is were i am stuck..I do not know if I should go back to school to inprove my skills or app. to a company an let them give me the pointers with the skills i have.please give me some input......SC

cat5 in Mira Loma, California

49 months ago

philip robinson in Birmingham, Alabama said: stephen,I don't know what you mean by cable guy, are you installing cable, what type of cable and what technology are you working in. If you are working with a switch tech in your enviroment then they are the ones who can tell you the progression to take. If you have a technical background in electronics then you can look on techn libraries to improve your knowledge and switching knowledge. First determine what technology you want and the internet can guide you to the requirements.

philip,I hope this E=mail finds you and your family in good sprits..I am still looking for work!!!!

pilip robinson in Hays, Kansas

49 months ago

cat5 in Mira Loma, California said: philip,I hope this E=mail finds you and your family in good sprits..I am still looking for work!!!!

drop me a email at pjrob52@yahoo.com

Kevin in Dallas, Texas

37 months ago

Hi, Philip Robinson... Still looking for work in Alabama? shoot me an email at kevint@fusionsolutionsinc.com.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.