What do you enjoy most about your switchboard operator career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a switchboard operator? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

florida1 in Perkasie, Pennsylvania

62 months ago

I enjoy everything, literally.
It is challanging because it can be problem rectifying before passing the call on.
Yes, you can advance. I began doing mail, FedX,UPS, faxing, interaction with many of our sales reps.
Just the fast paced phones & people contact made everyday interesting. I enjoyed helping to build the business, as well.
My company downsized and several hundred employees were let go. I ran the second shift office crew, as well as the switchboard, and they closed it down.
I am returning to Brownwood June 3rd and will be seeking stable employment. If there are any opportunities, I would appreciate being made aware of them, and have a resume upon request.
Thank you for your reply.

Regards,

Joan Verne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

gobarbados in Temple Hills, Maryland

62 months ago

I loved working as a switchboard operator. You are the voice of the company. You are the first voice that the person on the other end of the telephone hear. You have a smile with your voice, which makes a very warm introduction,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.