ERO questions

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

JTSTax in Rockford, Illinois

47 months ago

Hello Everyone my name is James and Im new to the Indeed forum.

For the past five years I have been preparing taxes with no EFIN. That hasnt been a problem at all, until now. Well my wife last year applied for her EFIN for herself and processed very few if any tax returns. Her EFIN is in her name and my business is in my name. My question is:
Since we are husband and wife and she now is the manager of my office can we use her EFIN eventhough the business is in my name? im aware that she would have to update her e-service info but I just wanted to see if its legal.

I have done many searches for answers with no luck and was ready to sit on hold with the irs. any response is appreciated.

Thank you
James- Jts Tax Service

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

47 months ago

your best bet is call the IRS.

I am not a lawyer. Is your business a LLC, Inc or sole propritor ? She would have some legal liabiliy for her EFIN. I would think. I would think she would have to be on the business name

Chris

Kristi in Rockford, Illinois

47 months ago

JTSTax in Rockford, Illinois said: Hello Everyone my name is James and Im new to the Indeed forum.

For the past five years I have been preparing taxes with no EFIN. That hasnt been a problem at all, until now. Well my wife last year applied for her EFIN for herself and processed very few if any tax returns. Her EFIN is in her name and my business is in my name. My question is:
Since we are husband and wife and she now is the manager of my office can we use her EFIN eventhough the business is in my name? im aware that she would have to update her e-service info but I just wanted to see if its legal.

I have done many searches for answers with no luck and was ready to sit on hold with the irs. any response is appreciated.

Thank you
James- Jts Tax Service

It's not too late to get an EFIN for the upcoming tax season. When I decided to open my own office 7 years ago it was sort of a last minute decision that I started in the 3rd week of December. I had my EFIN in time to start by the efiling start date in January.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tax Preparer in Jonesboro, Georgia

45 months ago

We are currently looking for Tax Preparer who are interested in branching out to start their own Tax Prep Service.

We provide you with the software and bank products needed to operate your business.(at no cost to you)

If this is something that you are interested in please feel free to contact me at

taxprep@gmx.com

A1 Tax Services in Fort Worth, Texas

38 months ago

I would definitely look into obtaining your EFIN, just to avoid any problems with the IRS. I am a ERO and i have 2 offices and i make great revenue on them. I recently signed up with this program called AUDIT GUARD, that covers my clients if they ever get IRS audit letters, and i received great rebates from them. A great way to earn extra income and keep you and your clients safe. You should check them out. There website is: WWW.TAXAUDITGUARD.COM....hope this helps!! :-)

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.