Expanding Current Tax Preparation Business

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

TaxPro in Alpharetta, Georgia

34 months ago

I am looking to expand my current tax business and I am seeking a mentor to assist me with marketing and setup for my tax preparation company. I have roughly 85-100 clients that I assist from home during the busy tax season. I work full time as a Payroll Representative and I am ready to take my buisness to the next level, however I would like input on the direction that I am looking to go in i.e, setting up a storefront or commercial location and hiring/training tax preparers. I have an EFIN and I am currently using a software that is powered by Drake and I am happy with it. It is an online software so it allows me plenty of accessiblity and Ialso, I am setup through Advent Financial. I also worked for Jackson Hewitt for 7 years and also in a small CPA firm. All input is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Sister Mi, in Ville Platte, Louisiana

25 months ago

Hi I am writing to let you know that I have worked preparing taxes at Affordable Home Furnishings in my area and enjoyed the atomosphere as well as the good feeling that you get when you are helping people. I think if you have been working for these other companies for over 8 years then it is probably about time for you to go out on your on. Whatever you do keep your friends and family out of your business if you want your business to survive. I went off on my own and I feel that I have done fairly well. I'm now looking to expand to other locations and am in the debating stage right now.. Oh and I also use DRAKE and I love it. I hope you make the decision to go out on your own. You will see how rewarding it will be for you. I wish you the best and you also need to join NATP they will keep you updated with really good information pretaining to the tax industry................................

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.