First Year Tax Preparation

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Luke P in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

I am hoping to start a part-time/at home tax preparation business but I have a few questions. What would be a realistic number of clients for someone's first year advertising pretty much through craigslist throughout California? I am trying not to charge that much, from about $40 for an EZ (federal and state) to about $90 or $100 for a 1040 with three or four extra forms (state and local). Just basically, what can I expect my first year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Luke P in Los Angeles, California

51 months ago

Also, what do you think the best business model is for a first year tax preparer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama

51 months ago

Depending upon how much marketing you do, I would say 100 for your first year is an exceptional goal you should work towards. Especially working from home. You can more reasonably expect anywhere from 30-60 returns with ease.
As for the best business model, I would go for low overhead until you see where you want to go with the business. The biggest thing you should be trying to do is get the word out that you will be doing taxes for less than any competitor.
If you want some help in getting set up, I have helped over 100 offices get set up to do taxes in the past three years, this year being my fourth. I have a logo, and flyers you could use to taylor to what you want to acheive. Best of all, using my software, which is all web based, will save you alot of money as I am only asking $250 for unlimited use. Let me know if you want to do an online webinar to view the software and talk.

Thanks!
Beth Smiley
EZ Tax Refund$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ptanna in Trabuco Canyon, California

51 months ago

what is your software called and what does it do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lawana in Huntsville, Texas

51 months ago

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama said: Depending upon how much marketing you do, I would say 100 for your first year is an exceptional goal you should work towards. Especially working from home. You can more reasonably expect anywhere from 30-60 returns with ease.
As for the best business model, I would go for low overhead until you see where you want to go with the business. The biggest thing you should be trying to do is get the word out that you will be doing taxes for less than any competitor.
If you want some help in getting set up, I have helped over 100 offices get set up to do taxes in the past three years, this year being my fourth. I have a logo, and flyers you could use to taylor to what you want to acheive. Best of all, using my software, which is all web based, will save you alot of money as I am only asking $250 for unlimited use. Let me know if you want to do an online webinar to view the software and talk.

Thanks!
Beth Smiley
EZ Tax Refund$

I could use your software and I live in Texas could you please email me lawanahayes@yahoo.com allof the information thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama

51 months ago

ptanna in Trabuco Canyon, California said: what is your software called and what does it do?

The software is branded EZ Tax Refunds and it does unlimited 1040, all states and non resident returns. It is very easy to use and multiple users at one location do not have to be networked as it is web based. I can show you the software via an online gotomeeting if you prefer. It is the only software I have used and the only software I will ever use. We give awesome support and our sub offices are like an extension of our family. Let me know if you want some more information.

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama

51 months ago

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama said: The software is branded EZ Tax Refunds and it does unlimited 1040, all states and non resident returns. It is very easy to use and multiple users at one location do not have to be networked as it is web based. I can show you the software via an online gotomeeting if you prefer. It is the only software I have used and the only software I will ever use. We give awesome support and our sub offices are like an extension of our family. Let me know if you want some more information.

Also, the software is a Crosslink/Petz product.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Stone Mountain, Georgia

50 months ago

Please email your contact info as I am interested

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama said: Depending upon how much marketing you do, I would say 100 for your first year is an exceptional goal you should work towards. Especially working from home. You can more reasonably expect anywhere from 30-60 returns with ease.

Thanks!
Beth Smiley
EZ Tax Refund$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

EZTax in Mobile, Alabama

50 months ago

Marie in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: Please email your contact info as I am interested

Marie,
I do not have your email address, but please feel free to email me at myeztaxrefunds@gmail.com, or visit us online at www.myeztaxrefunds.com. Thanks!

Jessica in Plano, Texas

50 months ago

Luke P in Los Angeles, California said: Also, what do you think the best business model is for a first year tax preparer?

I needed a loan to pay for my first year that I opened my tax office to pay for office space and computers. Maybe this will help you also.
www.badcreditneedloannow.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Kevin Tolar in Panama City, Florida

49 months ago

There is a great way for you to own your own business but also have support from a full service bureau. Our company "Patriot Tax Solutions, Inc." has designed a new type business model. We have banking products, a industries top rated tax software (Cross Link), full accredited training, interactive full online tax law library and much more. While the major companies are downsizing due to the new tax law and lending law changes we are in rapid growth. Profit sharing designed for life long retention, for both paid preparers and business locations. Having this kind of support simplifies your business and we give you the truly needed structure to form your business model. Since I not only work for Patriot Tax solutions in new business development, but my wife and I are also going to have our own tax preparation business. I would be happy to help any way that I can be of service to you. Email me at ktolar@patriottaxsolutions.com

Kevin Tolar

nelson95 in Fort Myers, Florida

49 months ago

sounds pretty good! and u will help me to set up the program or i can doit

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TPCPA in Bogotá, Colombia

49 months ago

You may find this tax preparation business marketing network interesting:

www.taxplannercpa.com/enrolled-agent-ea-cpa-tax-preparation-business.php

Kevin Tolar in Youngstown, Florida

49 months ago

We can walk you through it. Send me a quick email at ktolar51@gmail.com or ktolar@patriottaxsolutions.com. I will go through everything to give you the full information you will need to make the best decision for your business.

Kevin Tolar
Patriot Tax Solutions, Inc.

Jeppesen Tax in Pocatello, Idaho

47 months ago

ptanna in Trabuco Canyon, California said: what is your software called and what does it do?

I am interested in your software. please email me at cjeppesen1@gmail.com

Jeppesen Tax in Pocatello, Idaho

47 months ago

Thanks!
Beth Smiley
EZ Tax Refund$

Hi Beth,

I am opening a tax business and would be interested in your software. Can you email me @ cjeppesen1@gmail.com with all the info? Thanks.

Tax Prep in Jonesboro, Georgia

47 months ago

We are currently looking for Tax Preparer who are interested in branching out to start their own Tax Prep Service.

We will provide you with the software and bank products needed to operate your business.(at no cost to you)

If this is something that you are interested in please feel free to contact me at

taxprep@gmx.com

TaxLady Jones in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

35 months ago

Thanks!
Beth Smiley
EZ Tax Refund$

Hi Beth.. I think I've seen some of your flyers and logos online. Can email me at jones_taxes@yahoo.com with some quotes for postcards, flyers and a logo? I already have software.

Jackie in Stone Mountain, Georgia

34 months ago

I too am interested in the software. I usually use proseries. Can you email your information also Beth, Before I purchase the proseries

Beth Smiley in Mobile, Alabama

34 months ago

Sure! What is your email address?

Jennifer in San Marcos, California

34 months ago

Hi Beth,

Does your software do any other forms besides 1040? I am looking at inuit's web program. Its competitively priced. Let me know before I join. info@cataxprep.com

Thanks!

Jennifer

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.