Getting approved by banks to RAL

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 522)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Monique in Greensboro, North Carolina

77 months ago

I am having a problem getting approved by the banks to do RAL's. I am currently with First Security Bank and they only do RT. I have tried to get approved through SBBT, Chase, and Refund-advantage (ohio valley bank). I think the problem is my credit score and I'm not quite sure if I should continue trying. I would to have a relationship with a bank for the 2009 season so I can increase my business. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (46) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

Dionne in Suwanee, Georgia

76 months ago

Monique,
I am sorry to hear of your bank product situation. I know that this tax season is almost at end but I may have a suggestion for next season. Please let me know if you still want to provide bank products for your clients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Yeah...I have a bank I have used for this year...I would still like to be able to offer bank products for next season. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks
Monique

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dennis in Doerun, Georgia

76 months ago

Hello,just as Monique, I'm having the same problems.Dionne,could you also email me concerning bank products.

Thanks,
Dennis

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dionne in Suwanee, Georgia

76 months ago

Hi Dennis...
Sorry to hear that. Please tell me about your specific issue.
Feel free to email me at dmgsbs@gmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Shonda in Hattiesburg, Mississippi

76 months ago

Dionne in Suwanee, Georgia said: Monique,
I am sorry to hear of your bank product situation. I know that this tax season is almost at end but I may have a suggestion for next season. Please let me know if you still want to provide bank products for your clients.

Yes i to would like to know how the information about providing bank products for my client.

TaxGirl in Metro Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

If anyone would like the link to the company that I used last tax season, just let know. taxgirl2008@gmail.com

April in Winston Salem, North Carolina

73 months ago

Monique in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I am having a problem getting approved by the banks to do RAL's. I am currently with First Security Bank and they only do RT. I have tried to get approved through SBBT, Chase, and Refund-advantage (ohio valley bank). I think the problem is my credit score and I'm not quite sure if I should continue trying. I would to have a relationship with a bank for the 2009 season so I can increase my business. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions?

Hi Monique! Did you ever get a good response to your problem with getting bank acceptance for RAL's? I am having the same problem and any info would be great. I am currently waiting to hear from a bank that does RAL's that I haven't seen mentioned in these posts. Are you currently doing business in your home?

Thanks!
A. Hayes

73 months ago

Hi April

I never got a good response from anyone. I do currently do the taxes out of my home. I basically schedule my clients around my work schedule.

Thanks
Monique

73 months ago

Hi Monique,

What banks did you go through? Are you still looking to get approved? I am looking at opening an office in WS. Maybe we can get together and compare notes. How's in the in home office doing?

Thanks!
April

Tax Girl in Atlanta, Georgia

71 months ago

Another option you might consider...

My company provides bank product processing for tax preparers who cannot or who do not want to go through the credit approval process of getting setup with the bank.

The way it works:

1. Apply for the service and pay your setup fee
2. You prepare the client's return
3. Fax the completed return and supporting docs to us
4. We process the information and submit to the bank
5. The bank sends the refund in the form of a refund check or direct deposit

It's that simple!

Email if your interested. TaxGirl2008@gmail.com

Regards!

April in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: Hi Monique,

What banks did you go through? Are you still looking to get approved? I am looking at opening an office in WS. Maybe we can get together and compare notes. How's in the in home office doing?

Thanks!
April

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Monique,
Could you give me the info to contact First Security? I would appreciate it! Hope things are going well in Greensboro.

April in Winston

Thanks!
April

Kim in Paw Paw, Illinois

71 months ago

I am having th same problem...if anyone has some solutions please e-mail me at katipsord2@juno.com

Steve in Gainesville, Georgia

70 months ago

Monique in Greensboro, North Carolina said: I am having a problem getting approved by the banks to do RAL's. I am currently with First Security Bank and they only do RT. I have tried to get approved through SBBT, Chase, and Refund-advantage (ohio valley bank). I think the problem is my credit score and I'm not quite sure if I should continue trying. I would to have a relationship with a bank for the 2009 season so I can increase my business. Has anyone ever had this problem? Any suggestions?

Monique,

Please give me a shout and let me know if you have resolved your issues with the RAL banks. I have a solution for you if you are still pursuing a solution. I'm an Enrolled Agent that was a product manager for two of the major software providers and have been a consultant for one of the RAL banks. I may have some insight for you to share. I can be reached at kwm8340@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Steve

Melissa in Atlanta, Georgia

70 months ago

Dionne in Suwanee, Georgia said: Monique,

Hello Monique,

I too would like to provide bank products to my clients but am having a hard time finding a bank to assist. Suggestions

70 months ago

April in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: Monique,
Could you give me the info to contact First Security? I would appreciate it! Hope things are going well in Greensboro.

April in Winston

Please provide me information on a bank that could possibly assist me with processing bank products such as the RALS

70 months ago

TaxGirl in Metro Atlanta, Georgia said: If anyone would like the link to the company that I used last tax season, just let know. taxgirl2008@gmail.com

I need assistant with finding a bank to do RALS. Please email me if you can assist at tdir@hotmail.com

70 months ago

What software are you planning on using? Have you offered RALs in the past?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Dennis in Doerun, Georgia said: Hello,just as Monique, I'm having the same problems.Dionne,could you also email me concerning bank products.

Thanks,
Dennis

Dennis,

Did you get your problem with RALs solved?

Thanks,
Stephen E. Smith, EA

70 months ago

Shonda in Hattiesburg, Mississippi said: Yes i to would like to know how the information about providing bank products for my client.

Shonda,

Did you get your RAL problem solved?

Thanks,

Stephen E. Smith, EA

Andrea in Lanham, Maryland

69 months ago

I am a newbie here but I can see already that the RAL is difficult. I hope that some of you dont mind me emailing you for information. I have a heavy client base already but some of them want to get RAL or the bonus checks. please advise on who or what steps do I take. uniqueconsultantgroup@yahoo.com

jrberight in Winston Salem, North Carolina

69 months ago

Thanks!
April

April and Monique, I run a office from my home in Kernersville and may be able to help. E-mail me at jrbtaxman@aol.com

jsanchez in Sioux Falls, South Dakota

69 months ago

I am starting a tax preparing business in January and would greatly appreciate any feedback on getting started with RALs. Is there a process? One thing I didn't understand is why the bank has to get you approved to sell products for them?

do you have to have good credit in order to get setup offering RALs?

Any feedback would be appreciated!

jsanchez782@gmail.com

lavar jones in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

i am having the same problem getting approved I am a former irs employee and still cannot get approved and i have a large clientell now that i started my own business please e mail information to ljones44l@aol.com

thanks

spstax in North Carolina

69 months ago

Monique in Greensboro, North Carolina said: Hi April

I never got a good response from anyone. I do currently do the taxes out of my home. I basically schedule my clients around my work schedule.

Thanks
Monique

Monique, I am in the Eastern part of NC. Did you ever find a bank product? Do they require that you have efiled before?

Thanks

Sps

sej1430 in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

Thanks!
April

Good afternoon
May name is Elizabeth
I too ma opening a office for tax season this year of 2009. I am requesting information for the bank product that would allow you to process the RAL for my clients. I also went through Refund Advantage and they only daid ERC, ERD, Cash Cards. I am looking for help if any one has the answer.

sej1430 in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

My name is elizabeth
I am having the same problem, I have a very heavy client tail of over 700 and yet I was approve for the erc, erd, cash cards please help I need the ral for some of my customer this year 2009.....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Broderick Dow in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California

68 months ago

Tax Girl in Atlanta, Georgia said: Another option you might consider...

My company provides bank product processing for tax preparers who cannot or who do not want to go through the credit approval process of getting setup with the bank.

The way it works:

1. Apply for the service and pay your setup fee
2. You prepare the client's return
3. Fax the completed return and supporting docs to us
4. We process the information and submit to the bank
5. The bank sends the refund in the form of a refund check or direct deposit

It's that simple!

Email if your interested. TaxGirl2008@gmail.com

Regards!

TaxGirl

I may be in beed of your . Last year I was turned down for RAL product and I have high demand and anticipation for this year please forward me information on your service.

Regards,

BDow

r.alford in Kiln, Mississippi

68 months ago

jrberight in Winston Salem, North Carolina said: April and Monique, I run a office from my home in Kernersville and may be able to help. E-mail me at jrbtaxman@aol.com

i would like information about offering RAL.Your information would be very appreicative.

Thanks,
R. Alford

Finexpert in Dakar, Senegal

68 months ago

Hi
We can help you very fast.....
If your business expansion is Equipment needs, simply email us and we shall send you application.
We will buy all needed equipment for you from 5000 usd to 20 Millions and least it to you at a very low price..NO OBLIGATION NO FEES!!
We will give you cash equivalent at 25% of the cost of equipment to use at your own.
For more information

FAYE
First Pacific Funding WA USA.
Rep.

Melissa Williams in Columbus, Georgia

68 months ago

If anyone has the solution for offering RALs please email me at tdir@hotmail.com. The tax year is quickly approaching.

Thanks,
Melissa

Tony B in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Please email me any info on the solution for offering RALs. I'm in Philadelphia. If anyone is looking to partner for RAL purposes or combined advertising, office space etc... email me: Toncuz68@yahoo.com

Rasheed Shabazz in Stone Mountain, Georgia

68 months ago

To any one interested, I have a solution to your RAL problems, I can set your current business up with these bank products so that don't have to turn away business. Unlike other options, you maintain control of your client info, with means you do there return, you transmit, and you print there check. You do not have to send there return out of your office. This option is available in every state in the US. If interested email rasheed@taxchainpro.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

r.alford in Vancleave, Mississippi

68 months ago

Rasheed Shabazz in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: To any one interested, I have a solution to your RAL problems, I can set your current business up with these bank products so that don't have to turn away business. Unlike other options, you maintain control of your client info, with means you do there return, you transmit, and you print there check. You do not have to send there return out of your office. This option is available in every state in the US. If interested email rasheed@taxchainpro.com

YES, I AM VERY INTERESTED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW HOW.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

I want to get paid from my clients refund before I cut a check to the client. The software companies and banks seem to have quite a scheme going, as a preparer can not simply have the refund sent to the preparers business account...only the banks account.

So, they are forcing you to sell their bank products. I only need a bank product when the client wants their check in two days or two minutes, otherwise the preparer must get their fees upfront!!! Does anyone have a solution to this slimey business practice.

68 months ago

I want to get paid from my clients refund before I cut a check to the client. The software companies and banks seem to have quite a scheme going, as a preparer can not simply have the refund sent to the preparers business account...only the banks account.

So, they are forcing you to sell their bank products. I only need a bank product when the client wants their check in two days or two minutes, otherwise the preparer must get their fees upfront!!! Does anyone have a solution to this slimey business practice?
toncuz68@yahoo.com

68 months ago

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is any way of getting around the interest that the banks charge for the lake of patents on the part of a client who can't wait or who doesn't choose to wait for there refund. If there ever becomes a way to move the IRS to deduct your fees from the taxpayer before they issue a check that would be great, but until then, you just have to get your money upfront. If anyone has an alternate idea I would love to be educated on it.

68 months ago

Unfortunately, I don't think that there is any way of getting around the interest that the banks charge for the lack of patience on the part of a client who can't wait or who doesn't choose to wait for there refund. If there ever becomes a way to move the IRS to deduct your fees from the taxpayer before they issue a check that would be great, but until then, you just have to get your money upfront. If anyone has an alternate idea I would love to be educated on it.

sej1430@att.net in Jacksonville, Florida

68 months ago

Melissa there is a young lady name is TAXGirl
She can set you up tp offer the ral porduct threw her.
write me again if still interested
QUOTE who="Melissa Williams in Columbus, Georgia"]If anyone has the solution for offering RALs please email me at tdir@hotmail.com. The tax year is quickly approaching.

Thanks,
Melissa

jrberight

68 months ago

If your are in the Winston-Salem, Greensboro, or High Point, North Carolina area. I may be able to help you with your rals. Contact me at jrbtaxman@aol.com

Abe in Washington, District of Columbia

67 months ago

December 30, 2008
Dear: Managers or Customer relation.
This letter is to complain about service I recently received from a SBBT customer service representative named Josh.
On December 22, I called SBBT bank and faxed the required document that I was asked to finalize the contract.
12/29 I called back to follow up what was the hold and told Josh my concern about my back and forth relation with SBBT bank, with not much concerned he replied “we just didn’t receive it” And when I told him that I was disappointed (about my outrage) he replied jokingly “I’m too.” I could not believe my ear!
I expected a much higher level of service from your company, and I am quite disappointed. I will find email of a higher management in your company including other government official and I will forward this email.

Manager

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

rastephens20@yahoo.com in Rebecca, Georgia

67 months ago

Rasheed Shabazz in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: To any one interested, I have a solution to your RAL problems, I can set your current business up with these bank products so that don't have to turn away business. Unlike other options, you maintain control of your client info, with means you do there return, you transmit, and you print there check. You do not have to send there return out of your office. This option is available in every state in the US. If interested email rasheed@taxchainpro.com

pls email me with any info

Anthony Amatore in Canfield, Ohio

67 months ago

Dina Brown in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: I also offer a service that will allow you to do RALs under my company. I you need help please contact me at info@affordtax.com.

Thanks

Dina

Hi Dina CAn you contact me We would like to offer rals or the fee collect but are late to the game this year. My email direct is cfpinyo@zoominternet.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in Birmingham, Alabama

66 months ago

TaxGirl in Metro Atlanta, Georgia said: If anyone would like the link to the company that I used last tax season, just let know. taxgirl2008@gmail.com

would love additional the link

Broderick Dow in Palos Verdes Peninsula, California

66 months ago

I would like the link

Blackbutterfly47 in Kenilworth, New Jersey

66 months ago

Please send me any info you have and are willing to share. I am planning for the 2010 tax season and worried about how to obtain bank products.

mdavis in Theodore, Alabama

66 months ago

Please send me any info you have and are willing to share. I am planning for the 2010 tax season and worried about how to obtain bank products.

DeAndrea in Seattle, Washington

63 months ago

Steve in Gainesville, Georgia said: Monique,

Please give me a shout and let me know if you have resolved your issues with the RAL banks. I have a solution for you if you are still pursuing a solution. I'm an Enrolled Agent that was a product manager for two of the major software providers and have been a consultant for one of the RAL banks. I may have some insight for you to share. I can be reached at kwm8340@yahoo.com.

Thanks,

Steve

Hi Steve I would like to get some insight into getting approved to do RAL prodicts for the 2010 tax season.

DeAndrea
cdtaccounting@comcast.net

LKent in Trenton, New Jersey

62 months ago

why would you risk sending a client's personal info to another "processor". and why would you risk losing business to one of these "processors"? contact your software provider for assistance or try to further investigate with the bank/manager as to why this is going on. your credit score can be an issue, who wants to have a processor provide loans if the processors credit score is so low it makes them a risk to do business with? why not just be creative and steer your clients away from them all together and encourage them to open a bank account which can be done for $25, way less then doing a sticking RAL/IRAL.

Charles Davidson in Redding, California

62 months ago

LKent -

The issue isn't necessarily what's best for the client. We all know that the client pays exorbitant fees for RAL. I also make my clients very much aware of how much they pay in fees. I also know that many of my clients are more than willing to pay for the convenience of having their refund checks available quickly. As a preparer, why would I not want to offer this as an option. It's up to my client to decide if it's an appropriate tool for them. If I don't offer RALs, however, my competition will. A client who really wants a fast refund and is willing to pay for this option is very much willing to go to any preparer who offers it. If it's not me - then it's my competition. To be competitive, I offer RALs. When my client is at my desk, I explain all the options and let them know the actual costs involved. It's not the most appropriate option for every client, but it does make sense for some.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.