Question on importing a 2010 Turbo Tax return

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

I am currently using Tax Act and have been happy. I still like turbo tax better. Tax Act costs me $200.00 plus $13.00 efile fee.

I think buying the preparer edition of Turbo Tax is $500.00

Can I do a return on Turbo tax 2010 and then import it to 3rd party software to efile? Run the alerts etc. Without much additional work?

What are my software options for next year?

I know I am being cheap. This was my first year in business out of my home. And I made a profit.

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California said: I am currently using Tax Act and have been happy. I still like turbo tax better. Tax Act costs me $200.00 plus $13.00 efile fee.

I think buying the preparer edition of Turbo Tax is $500.00

Can I do a return on Turbo tax 2010 and then import it to 3rd party software to efile? Run the alerts etc. Without much additional work?

What are my software options for next year?

I know I am being cheap. This was my first year in business out of my home. And I made a profit.

Chris

I just looked at the price of Intuit ProSeries® Professional — Pay-Per-Return. It would be the same interview mode as Turbo Tax? Its cost is 275.00 for 33 returns. What happens if you go over 33 returns?

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Maria-R in Montebello, California

44 months ago

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California said: I just looked at the price of Intuit ProSeries® Professional — Pay-Per-Return. It would be the same interview mode as Turbo Tax? Its cost is 275.00 for 33 returns. What happens if you go over 33 returns?

Chris

Chris, do you necesarrily *need* the Pro Version? I started off with PS Basic in my first year of business with the 100 e-file option I believe, then subsequently moved up to the PS Basic unlimited with 4 states. I'm going on my fourth yr in business and this next time around I will consider the Pro version... but given the price comparison doesn't look cost-effective for me.

~Maria

Maria-R in Montebello, California

44 months ago

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California said: I just looked at the price of Intuit ProSeries® Professional — Pay-Per-Return. It would be the same interview mode as Turbo Tax? Its cost is 275.00 for 33 returns. What happens if you go over 33 returns?

Chris

Sorry I didn't even answer your questions, lol!

Yes, ProSeries is interview/forms based, so it's similar to Turbo Tax and if you go over the allowance of returns you can go on a PPR (pay per return) from there.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.