REFUNDS TODAY SOFTWARE

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

cj in Staten Island, New York

47 months ago

Anyone who is currently or has in the past used refunds today as their software and transmitter please let me know how you feel about them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Preparer in Macon, Georgia

46 months ago

I currently use Refunds Today Software and this is my third year with them. I like their software (Taxwise) and it is very user friendly. It is very easy to install as well as operate. It WAS also very reasonable. I paid $329 for it and after doing approximately 75 returns, it WAS suppose to be free the next year. They offer all kinds of training webinar classes on the software as well as classes on preparing taxes. Whenever I call the support line there is an immediate response. They are very helpful as well as friendly. HOWEVER, I don't like how they try to automatically renew you for the next year. No matter how great the software seems, I always like the option to make my own decision about renewing and already this year I saw a notice once I signed in on the website saying they are automatically renewing me for $549 without even asking me if I would like to stay with them. Everytime I attend an IRS seminar, I see other software that I would like to try but Refunds Today asked me to renew with them for one year and I didn't read all of the fine print that said it was automatically for two years! When my rep call me about renewing, she never mention two years!!! For that reason alone, I am already looking into other software especially a company closer to Georgia where I can physically attend training seminars. A good company...but be careful when it comes to renewing!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Richmond, Virginia

44 months ago

Last year 2010, Mr. Luis , the rep called me several times urging me to renew for 1 year. i told him that him that i will do that after i have finish the season because i wasn't getting enough people and i wasn't sure if i was going to renew. At the end of season, i have done 5 five returns. In the first week of May 2010, he called me again and urged me to "renew since prices are low now." So, i log on my account and select software for 2010. I swear, it was listed as for 1 year 2010. I selected the purchase button and signed that electronic reciept without farther reading since I knew it was for 1 year as listed and since i have signed similar document in January 2010. In April 2011, he called telling me i renew for 2 years. I was fired up. I couldn't believe what he was saying. I feel duped and I am know going down easily as he think. These people must be informed through legal consequence that is not good to cheat people.

My question is, is legal to trick customers into signing contracts? Is this not consumer abuse? I feel the refundstoday.com should be report for fraud. Let me know guys if we have a court case here. I am not paying them until they know what they doing is wrong and they should stop tricking people. You can reach me at alierjok@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

44 months ago

Hi AJ:

As we all know the tax business can get sleazy. I have horror stories too.

I want to focus on marketing during the off season.

I started a thread to get some idea

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AJ in Richmond, Virginia

43 months ago

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California said: Hi AJ:

As we all know the tax business can get sleazy. I have horror stories too.

Very Sleazy indeed. I personally don't like people who cheat others of their belongings or money in most cases. Stealing is immoral and all type of cheating is stealing.

Anyway, what are you marketing?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

43 months ago

AJ in Richmond, Virginia said:

I am marketing my income tax business
I need ideas for off season

Chris

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Holly Springs, North Carolina

41 months ago

A Preparer in Macon, Georgia said: I currently use Refunds Today Software and this is my third year with them. I like their software (Taxwise) and it is very user friendly. It is very easy to install as well as operate. It WAS also very reasonable. I paid $329 for it and after doing approximately 75 returns, it WAS suppose to be free the next year. They offer all kinds of training webinar classes on the software as well as classes on preparing taxes. Whenever I call the support line there is an immediate response. They are very helpful as well as friendly. HOWEVER, I don't like how they try to automatically renew you for the next year. No matter how great the software seems, I always like the option to make my own decision about renewing and already this year I saw a notice once I signed in on the website saying they are automatically renewing me for $549 without even asking me if I would like to stay with them. Everytime I attend an IRS seminar, I see other software that I would like to try but Refunds Today asked me to renew with them for one year and I didn't read all of the fine print that said it was automatically for two years! When my rep call me about renewing, she never mention two years!!! For that reason alone, I am already looking into other software especially a company closer to Georgia where I can physically attend training seminars. A good company...but be careful when it comes to renewing!!!

Try Accufileplus. They don't charge the excessive efile fee.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.