Tax preparation software and bank products

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (551 to 600 of 647)
Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

Bruno in Midland, Texas

26 months ago

Dee in Houston, Texas said: Do anyone know how to use Drake Tax Software and is it worth purchasing

I purchased Drake this year and am very pleased. Like any software, it has its quirks but very straight forward. Their customer service is second to none.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

americ in Orlando, Florida

26 months ago

Bruno in Midland, Texas said: I purchased Drake this year and am very pleased. Like any software, it has its quirks but very straight forward. Their customer service is second to none.

Good i use crosslink and its awesome also.. love it

Joe Rod in Rio Hondo, Texas

26 months ago

ZipTax in Temecula, California said: Hi Gary, We can help you.

We offer you the EFIN to work with, bank products and marketing material (print ready) for a commission split. I can have you set up within 24 hours after you sign an Agreement.

No upfront cost for anything, Let me know if you want to learn more or ready to come on board.

@ ZIPTAX FROM TEMECOLA...
Getting ready for next season, do have website with this info on it or send me an email address.

BAnderson in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

25 months ago

Pro Tax Preparer said: I use Drake now, but used TaxAct and ProSeries before. If you only do individuals and want something with a low upfront cost, TaxAct is a good solution but it's not the best out there. I liked ProSeries Basic but they raised their price a lot for next tax season and I just couldn't justify paying so much for the Basic version. Plus I do business and trust returns and was paying PPR fees on those. It is good software though and the upfront cost still is not that high, plus efiling is now free.

Drake is the best value because it includes all entities and all the features for one low price. The functionality is similar to ProSeries Professional. If I only did individual returns and I didn't do write up and payroll I would probably stick with ProSeries Basic. I would pay I Intuit over $2,000 for everything I get from Drake for $1200.

Would I be able to complete self-employed returns using ProSeries or TaxAct?

Lighthousetaxes in Florissant, Missouri

25 months ago

Drake is a good program, but we have gone with Crosslink the past few years and it is very similar to Drake with much better one-on-one support at a much more reasonable price. Aside from switching from Drake to Crosslink, we were so happy with the change that we decided to become a Service Bureau for Crosslink so that we may offer better deals and work hand-in-hand with preparers and helping them with their own business on a daily basis. If you would like information on Crosslink, please email @ lakelighthouse@gmail.com attn:Tom or April Harris.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lighthousetaxes in Florissant, Missouri

25 months ago

Lighthousetaxes in Florissant, Missouri said: Drake is a good program, but we have gone with Crosslink the past few years and it is very similar to Drake with much better one-on-one support at a much more reasonable price. Aside from switching from Drake to Crosslink, we were so happy with the change that we decided to become a Service Bureau for Crosslink so that we may offer better deals and work hand-in-hand with preparers and helping them with their own business on a daily basis. If you would like information on Crosslink, please email @ lakelighthouse@gmail.com attn:Tom or April Harris.

also, we can set you up with an efin as a sub for us to review your returns before they are submitted to the irs, like adding a member to the team here at Lighthouse Tax Solutions.

Miltontax@Miltontax.org in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

Dear Associates,

The tax season is winding down and we would like for you to start thinking about the next upcoming tax season and the new requirements from the IRS.

Every tax preparer will be required to take and pass the competency test.

Miltontax will be offering training CD’s to help you pass this test. We would like to offer you the option to have this small fee deducted from your pay. The cost for the CD’s will be $199.00. Please let us know as soon as possible.
Guarantee to pass the test

Miltontax in Riverdale, Georgia

25 months ago

The tax season is winding down and we would like for you to start thinking about the next upcoming tax season and the new requirements from the IRS.

Every tax preparer will be required to take and pass the competency test.

Miltontax will be offering training CD’s to help you pass this test. We would like to offer you the option to have this small fee deducted from your pay. The cost for the CD’s will be $199.00. Please let us know as soon as possible.
Guarantee to pass the test

Midwest Tax Group

23 months ago

Republic bank is probably your best choice for banks. Most all the big banks have gotten out of the RAL business. I have SBBT and do RAC's through them and have been with them for years. They are always available to answer your calls quickly which is more then I can say for my new software company this year Crosslink from Petz Enterprises. These cheap people use a voice over ip for their phone systems. The problem with that is when your internet or servers go down so do your phones, internet, website, and every single avenue there is that your customers can reach you. I spent 11 hours yesterday trying to print checks for clients but I couldnt because their systems crashed. I also couldnt email, transmit or even call someone to find out what the problem was. They had no back up plan. I will be switching back to Taxwise next season.

Taxes 67 in Houston, Texas

23 months ago

Midwest Tax Group said: Republic bank is probably your best choice for banks. Most all the big banks have gotten out of the RAL business. I have SBBT and do RAC's through them and have been with them for years. They are always available to answer your calls quickly which is more then I can say for my new software company this year Crosslink from Petz Enterprises. These cheap people use a voice over ip for their phone systems. The problem with that is when your internet or servers go down so do your phones, internet, website, and every single avenue there is that your customers can reach you. I spent 11 hours yesterday trying to print checks for clients but I couldnt because their systems crashed. I also couldnt email, transmit or even call someone to find out what the problem was. They had no back up plan. I will be switching back to Taxwise next season.

I was under the impression that Republic and the law suit with the FDIC outcome was to quit offering RALS for the next tax season. Also, I have been told by people who switched or used TaxWise is that if you call in the hold times for TaxWise were anywhere from several hours to several days. Is going back to TaxWise really going to resolve the support issue or do you just know TaxWise well enough to not need help? I am certainly not advocating VOIP tech support because it is a pain but there are other companies that offer pretty good tech support. If you switched from TaxWise before maybe you can remember why so you don't have to keep switching around. Just a thought.

Midwest Tax Group

23 months ago

Taxes 67 in Houston, Texas said: I was under the impression that Republic and the law suit with the FDIC outcome was to quit offering RALS for the next tax season. Also, I have been told by people who switched or used TaxWise is that if you call in the hold times for TaxWise were anywhere from several hours to several days. Is going back to TaxWise really going to resolve the support issue or do you just know TaxWise well enough to not need help? I am certainly not advocating VOIP tech support because it is a pain but there are other companies that offer pretty good tech support. If you switched from TaxWise before maybe you can remember why so you don't have to keep switching around. Just a thought.

Thank you for your comments. I would certainly research any RAL company before using them. I do not use them in my practice. I seem to do quite fine without them.

As far as why I switched from Tax Wise thats a great question and I wish I had a great answer. Unfortunately I don't. I was talked into switching to Crosslink from Tax Wise, whom I have been with for over 8 years so not too much switching around I'm afraid to say, because my new business partner swore by them. I always heard great things from them so I thought why not give them a try.

Say what you will about TaxWise's response time but atleast I get an answer when I call them. All I got yesterday from Crosslink was an automated operator who said the phones were not in service. If Taxwise were having any issues they would send out emails or have it on their phone recording when you called in. Crosslink had none of that. They left all their customers in the dark! I have over 14 years tax experience and made quite a successful living by providing my customers with dependable service! I no longer feel I can do that if I stay with Crosslink. Taxwise must be doing something right because crosslink seems to copy them, even down to opening up a regional office near them in Rome GA.

23 months ago

I totally agree with you on the copying. My understanding, and I could be wrong, is that some of the Crosslink people were originally from TaxWise. I have run Crosslink demo software but have never purchased their software. My comment was simply food for thought as sometimes TaxWise can get expensive and there might be alternatives with good support. That certainly was a negative thing that happened to you and I wouldn't put up with it either. I think sometimes people like what they offer because it appears so simple and they have some really good marketing ploys like bar code scanners when there aren't any bar codes on W2s much yet and so people think it is new and fresh. By all means, I personally would switch back to my prior software vendor if I had that experience. I have to say I am actually surprised but I am not affiliated in any way shape or form with Crosslink.

Pablo in Manteca, California

23 months ago

I am a happy CrossLink user. I've been with them for 5 years now, and they do not copy Taxwise. Their technology is far beyond that of taxwise. Better sig pad integration and paperless solution. You people clearly don't know what good software is.

Tom in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

23 months ago

Pablo in Manteca, California said: I am a happy CrossLink user. I've been with them for 5 years now, and they do not copy Taxwise. Their technology is far beyond that of taxwise. Better sig pad integration and paperless solution. You people clearly don't know what good software is.

I totally agree. Crosslink is the best software I have used, and I have been with Taxwise and Drake among others. I was so impressed that I became a Service Bureau a few years back. It is a great time to purchase software for next year especially at a lower price. We also offer other services such as EFIN assistance, and anything else one needs to operate a successful tax business. Our success depends on your success so you will be successful. If one is already successful we will make sure that your business goes to the next level. Email me today at Lakelighthouse@gmail.com or go to our website Lighthousetaxsolutions.com.

Everyone have a Blessed weekend and holiday.

Tom

Miltontax in Riverdale, Georgia

23 months ago

I woudl just like to say Miltontax is the way

23 months ago

Pablo in Manteca, California said: I am a happy CrossLink user. I've been with them for 5 years now, and they do not copy Taxwise. Their technology is far beyond that of taxwise. Better sig pad integration and paperless solution. You people clearly don't know what good software is.

That seems pretty demeening to tell other people that they are not intelligent enough to know what good software is. It isn't "clear" at all. There are different software programs because of different preferences. All software has chinks in their armor and all tax software out there has really great qualities as well. I have extensively demonstrated them all. If the guy had a problem, he can state he did and his intelligence shouldn't be shot down because of it.

22 months ago

Taxware Systems doesn't charge bank transmission nor tech fees of any kind. I used them for 2011 and all I paid for was the software, period--no other fees. They are also a program that is reasonably priced. Their website is www.taxwaresystems.com if you want to check them out. Their support is great as well. Getting software free for 2011 is typical of this time of the year. Usually you can download it from their websites as that is what they typically use for a demo.

Wilson Sandoval in Orlando, Florida

22 months ago

Is there anyone here that has taken the IRS exam?".. If so can u share ur experience ?

Beth Smiley in Mobile, Alabama

22 months ago

Wilson Sandoval in Orlando, Florida said: Is there anyone here that has taken the IRS exam?".. If so can u share ur experience ?

I took it at the end of April. I did not study but used common sense first, and then looked up the answers using the 1040 instructions and publication 17 that is provided in the exam. I would not spend the money to take any type of course, if you know how to look up answers using an index you should be fine. The best guide, should you want to use one, is on the IRS website. It has a mock test, as well as study guide. The mock test is exactly like the test. You have to get 70 out of 120 questions correct, and you just get a pass/fail grade which was frustrating. I mean if I answer a question it is because I think it's the answer, and if it isn't, I would like to know so I can have correct information! Hope this helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DEE in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

22 months ago

Can someone give me updated info on how to obtain Tax software. I'm starting my own tax company next year and want to be ready completely. Preferrably one that offers the banks with it as well.
This is a tidious process, just want to make sure I'm on the right track. I hear a lot about Drake, Accutax, Prowise from CCH. What's the better software?

Thanks

DEE in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

22 months ago

Thanks a lot for this information Mike. I really appreciate it:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Meenakshi in New Delhi, India

21 months ago

DEE in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Can someone give me updated info on how to obtain Tax software. I'm starting my own tax company next year and want to be ready completely. Preferrably one that offers the banks with it as well.
This is a tidious process, just want to make sure I'm on the right track. I hear a lot about Drake, Accutax, Prowise from CCH. What's the better software?

Thanks

I use hosted Drake tax software. Drake tax software is currently one of the best tax software available in the market. Drake Tax software is a comprehensive, all-in-one professional tax solution that has been developed by tax preparers for tax preparers. There are no separate modules, and everything is included at one low price. It provides trouble free, accurate, timely, smooth tax filing and preparation. Drake tax software becomes much easy to use when it is hosted. It can also be easily hosted on the cloud. Hosted Drake software can satisfy all of a business’ tax preparation and filing needs. Tax software hosting facilitates completion of tax jobs and maximizes productivity. Cloud hosting of tax software allows anytime and anyplace access via Internet, and also, simultaneous access for multiple authorized users via Internet. Tax software hosting offers an economical and secure solution, and improves the efficiency with which tax return is filed.
Click below to know more -
www.myrealdata.com/drake-tax-software.html

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Tamika in Acworth, Georgia

16 months ago

I just received my PTIN # and I just recently applied for my EFIN# but I do not think I will have it until Mid February. I filed 80 of my own person clients through online tax filing last year but I want to purchase my own software this year, can anyone offer advise on what I should do? I really do not want to use the online software again because I want to offer my clients Bank Products. ie Cards...email me directly at tamikataxes@yopmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Mac CC in Dallas, Texas

16 months ago

They seem to be moving pretty fast. I got mine in about 30 days but this was before the holidays.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

1040ABB in Hammond, Louisiana

15 months ago

I am a new tax preparer looking for good advice on how to go about finding a great tax software or service bureau at a reasonable price. And advice on what I should do and should not do my first year. Also how to build up my clients my goal for this year is 100. can someone help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Patryce2010 in Portland, Oregon

15 months ago

1040ABB in Hammond, Louisiana said: I am a new tax preparer looking for good advice on how to go about finding a great tax software or service bureau at a reasonable price. And advice on what I should do and should not do my first year. Also how to build up my clients my goal for this year is 100. can someone help me

1040ABB, I am working with a great company this year. They offered me free set up and internet software, training, and free marketing materials(posters,store banners, and they sent out 200 postcards based on the zip codes that I suggested were local to my business) The email is info@mytaxdays.com. A rep named Joshua helped me.

On should and should nots: Do take your first year and learn your client base. Get great experienced ppl to work with you. Learn as much as possible. Don't become like lots of other preparers and falsify tax returns, become deceitful, or over charge your customers for hundreds of dollars just because you can. Keep it on the straight and narrow, and grow your business the honest way.

Best part is that getting started is free with the company I'm with and it saved me a lot of anxiety about shoving out lots of money. It was well worth it.

BTW! Whatever you do, DO NOT sign any contracts (such as 3 year contracts) with anyone that's trying to sale you tax software, franchise's, etc. They'll lock you in and take up the prices/fees every year.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

1040ABB in Hammond, Louisiana

15 months ago

This is my first year as a tax preparer I will like to know how to charge by it being my first year.

Laketia39 in Columbus, Mississippi

13 months ago

I Know its early, but, I hate waiting until the last minute to do anything. I am currently getting things together to start my own tax service starting January 2014. I have only applied for my PTIN so far. My question is, i am looking for a good reliable software program and one that offers bank service as well. My credit is not so good, does anyone know of a bank that may not be so hard to get?

Dionne in Atlanta, Georgia

13 months ago

Hi Laketia,

We'd be honored if you would give us a try. We've successfully helped quite a few tax professionals get their start and don't mind being the stepping stone for a few more. We have great software, banking and support.

If you are interested in discovering how we might be able to assist you in accomplishing your specific goals, send us a message regarding what your requirements are, to info@taxbiznow.com. Also, please check out our site at www.taxbiznow.com

Happy Taxing!

Laketia39 in Columbus, Mississippi said: I Know its early, but, I hate waiting until the last minute to do anything. I am currently getting things together to start my own tax service starting January 2014. I have only applied for my PTIN so far. My question is, i am looking for a good reliable software program and one that offers bank service as well. My credit is not so good, does anyone know of a bank that may not be so hard to get?

Mad Hatter in North Hollywood, California

12 months ago

I received a 1099-C regarding a credit card. I am trying to fill out the 982 form but am confused. They want me to send it in along with the rest of my tax forms as if I worked last year. I have nothing to file since I did not work and do not know how to go about filing this. I am obviously insolvent due to not working. Does anyone have an answer to how to proceed with this form?

rochelle0099@comcast.net in Jacksonville, Florida

12 months ago

If you did not file bankruptcy and included the credit card regarding the 1099-C, then you can only use Form 982, if you are Insolvent. There is extra paperwork and computation to prove insolvency. If you don't know how to do it hire a competent tax preparer to prepare it for you.
Also, if you don't have any other income to file, just file that on line 21 as "other Income" on form 1040, depending on the amount on Form 1099-C, the standard and Itemized Deduction and zero out any taxes that you would ordinarily pay.

TaxMama has a free forum with information on Form 982.

Much Success

Mad Hatter in North Hollywood, California said: I received a 1099-C regarding a credit card. I am trying to fill out the 982 form but am confused. They want me to send it in along with the rest of my tax forms as if I worked last year. I have nothing to file since I did not work and do not know how to go about filing this. I am obviously insolvent due to not working. Does anyone have an answer to how to proceed with this form?

Midwest Tax Group in Cincinnati, Ohio

9 months ago

ATTN: Anyone who uses or thinks about using Crosslink Tax Software or one of their Service Bureaus. You need to read this before you make any decisions on your tax software company. I used crosslink tax software last year and was approached this year by their Service Bureau Tax Breaks Pro out of TX. I was misled from the very beginning. I was told the software was free and the banks were paying for it. This is completely false. Tax Breaks PRO charged me a per fee for each tax return and took this years end of season check that I got last year from Crosslink. I ended up paying close to $6000 this year when I only paid $1700 last year. How can this be? Well I just spoke with Stacy McClan, crosslinks attorney and she informed me that service bureaus like Tax Breaks Pro can charge customers whatever they want, she also stated they can mislead their customers and as long as they don't break any privacy laws there's nothing Crosslink will do about it. Great to know that a family run business has the moral compass of a tack. Very disappointed in Crosslink. Will never use them again and I suggest anyone else considering a service bureau to BEWARE! There is no regulation and the software companies could care less that you get cheated and lied too! This is sad because I have been in the tax business for 17 years and I thought I was pretty informed on software pricing and regulation. I was wrong and if I can be taken advantage of I know new tax businesses are as well! I will update you regarding the legal outcome of this matter! In the meantime if you want my opinion on the best software deals out there go with Intuit Pro Series! I used them this year for one of my offices and I paid only $1600 and that included everything! They also will do a deferment plan until Feb to pay for the software. You also will save your clients any tech fees that almost any other tax software charges which runs around $10-15 which you can incorporate into your fees making u more $$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GannonServiceBureauDOTcom in Memphis, Tennessee

6 months ago

I've been following this forum, and I want to let everyone know about absolutely free professional tax software that my company is offering... it's on of the biggest brands out there - check us out and give us a call. Sorry for the promotion, but I think some of us on the forum can use this. Thanks, DJ

At Gannon Service Bureau, we’re offering professional tax preparation software ABSOLUTELY FREE!

How do we do it?
We charge a small Service Bureau fee that is added to the line-item fees deducted directly from the taxpayer’s return – There is never any cost to you, and we never take your credit card information or any other form of payment!

• Industry-Leading. Due to our agreement with the corporate office, we can't say the name of the software on this forum, but when you call, you’ll discover it’s one of the biggest brands out there – this is the full-featured cloud-based online software sold on the corporate site for thousands of dollars! Our software is comparable to other large e-file software suites such as Drake, TaxSlayer, ProSeries, Lacerte, Intuit, CrossLink, etc… and with our conversion utility, you can seamlessly carry-forward your clients’ 2012 tax information into your new software for 2013!

• No Risk. There is never any obligation to use the software after you’ve requested your logins and setup your bank products. If you find a better tax software solution this year, simply don’t use the logins – we never take your credit card number or any other form of payment. Go ahead, stick us in your back pocket – we’ll be there when you need us!

• Support & Training. We offer a wealth of training materials, setup guides, videos, & tutorials to get you going, and we back it up with superior customer service and support –call us anytime during regular business hours for help.

Check us out on the web at GannonServiceBureau.com or give us a call toll-free at 1-855-GANNON-1

6 months ago

Free Tax Software! Check out the post above, and contact us at GannonServiceBureau.com or give us a call toll-free at 1-855-GANNON-1

6 months ago

How is that FREE if you charge a fee? The clients pay that fee but isn't that just revenue re-distributed to you instead of me? Hmmm. Maybe a better term is no up front cost to you software.

6 months ago

Taxes 67 in Houston, Texas said: How is that FREE if you charge a fee? The clients pay that fee but isn't that just revenue re-distributed to you instead of me? Hmmm. Maybe a better term is no up front cost to you software.

Exactly! I have been doing taxes for 19 years and I am in the middle of a lawsuit with a Service Bureau called Tax Breaks and the software provider Crosslink by Petz Enterprises over this right now! We were duped into thinking the software was free too. Ended up paying over $10,000 for software that was supposedly FREE. It's more then just the clients that pay they charged me $29.95 for every return transmitted, even ones that weren't even bank products.

SERVICE BUREAU'S are a rip off. They are nothing more then a middle man and you don't need them. If you are looking to buy software do not fall for the free gimmick. You will pay much more in the end. If you don't have the money to pay for the software upfront most all software companies will give you deferred billing and you can get the software for usually $100 and pay the remaining in Feb once your monies start coming in. Also don't go with a software company that charges tech fees or software fees. Even $10 a return adds up.

The best software out there in my opinion is Pro Series Professional By Intuit
It costs around $1499. There are absolutely NO hidden fees you just pay for the software and they will do a deferred payment plan. The software is easy to use and the tech support is the best I have seen!

I have no vested interest nor do I benefit from giving you this recommendation! I just hate to see someone else taken advantage of like I was. I thought I was smart enough to not get taken but even the best of us can be deceived when we are straight up lied to and told the software is completely FREE.

GOOD LUCK!!!

6 months ago

SERVICE BUREAU'S are a rip off. They are nothing more then a middle man and you don't need them. If you are looking to buy software do not fall for the free gimmick. You will pay much more in the end. If you don't have the money to pay for the software upfront most all software companies will give you deferred billing and you can get the software for usually $100 and pay the remaining in Feb once your monies start coming in. Also don't go with a software company that charges tech fees or software fees. Even $10 a return adds up.

It costs around $1499. There are absolutely NO hidden fees you just pay for the software and they will do a deferred payment plan. The software is easy to use and the tech support is the best I have seen!

I have no vested interest nor do I benefit from giving you this recommendation! I just hate to see someone else taken advantage of like I was. I thought I was smart enough to not get taken but even the best of us can be deceived when we are straight up lied to and told the software is completely FREE.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Amen. Also, you might want to call the bank without telling them what software you use & ask them what they actually charge. Some of the so called tech fees aren't published as such. The vendors can inflate the banks fee. Vendors should get paid for their technology but not inflate. Call, you will be surprised. Let me know.

6 months ago

Taxes 67 in Houston, Texas said: How is that FREE if you charge a fee? The clients pay that fee but isn't that just revenue re-distributed to you instead of me? Hmmm. Maybe a better term is no up front cost to you software.

You're right, I could use that terminology, but it is free software - we don't charge anything for the software. Give me a call if you want more details. ~DJ

6 months ago

Taxes 67 in Houston, Texas said: SERVICE BUREAU'S are a rip off. They are nothing more then a middle man and you don't need them. If you are looking to buy software do not fall for the free gimmick. You will pay much more in the end. If you don't have the money to pay for the software upfront most all software companies will give you deferred billing and you can get the software for usually $100 and pay the remaining in Feb once your monies start coming in. Also don't go with a software company that charges tech fees or software fees. Even $10 a return adds up.

GOOD LUCK!!!

Amen. Also, you might want to call the bank without telling them what software you use & ask them what they actually charge. Some of the so called tech fees aren't published as such. The vendors can inflate the banks fee. Vendors should get paid for their technology but not inflate. Call, you will be surprised. Let me know.

I appreciate the advice you're giving everyone, but I assure you, we don't charge anything for the software. We don't even take down a credit card number. You're free to call me, call Santa Barbara, River City, or the Software's corporate office to check things out if you have doubts.
As for the cost of software - some folks are comfortable paying $1500+ up front for software, and other folks would rather defer the small cost($40 per trans) to their clients.

Charles Davidson in Sacramento, California

6 months ago

Service bureaus aren't in and of themselves bad things. They provide a service that is a benefit to some tax businesses. Like any business partnership, you have to evaluate what they provide and the cost for providing that service. To say that all service bureaus are a rip-off is the same as saying that all print shops are a rip-off, or restaurants, or dry cleaners. If you need the service they provide and are willing to pay the price, it's not a bad thing.

Many people say the same thing about bank products and the tax industry - that the fees charged for a bank product is excessive. On the other hand, if the client is aware of the fees and they are explained correctly, then it's not a bad product. The only time it's a bad product is if the tax professional doesn't take the time to explain it correctly and the client doesn't really need or want it. I view service bureaus the same way. If you need the service and you understand the cost, then why not?

Creative Financial Services in Duluth, Georgia

5 months ago

TAX PREPARERS - Tax season is right around the corner! If you are still in need of Professional Software, Bank Products(Direct Deposit,Visa Debit,Check) and Efile services, let us know as soon as possible. There are no fees charged for Professional Software nor are there any upfront fees to join. We only charge a small flat fee per file! You will receive this agreement in writing.

Please email your contact number to : creativefinancialcenter@hotmail.com
and we will contact you promptly.

Empire in Colton, California

5 months ago

Lighthousetaxes in Florissant, Missouri said: also, we can set you up with an efin as a sub for us to review your returns before they are submitted to the irs, like adding a member to the team here at Lighthouse Tax Solutions.

Hello

I read your feed in indeed forum. Can you please send me more info on crosslink1040 and also regarding efin sub. I have completed my ctec and bonding. I am not to sure about the efin and how that works. I plan to open a tax service in 2014. thank you in advance.

Gary Marshall in Pahoa, Hawaii

5 months ago

Empire in Colton, California said: Hello

I read your feed in indeed forum. Can you please send me more info on crosslink1040 and also regarding efin sub. I have completed my ctec and bonding. I am not to sure about the efin and how that works. I plan to open a tax service in 2014. thank you in advance.

Go to the IRS.gov website to find out how to get an efin. You will have to submit to a background check and submit finger prints. It takes at least 45 days. The good news the IRS has already delayed the start of next years tax season.

Monique in Houston, Texas

5 months ago

Tax Season is under 2 months away. Want to be the owner of your own tax business? If you are truly interested in generating an income from the comfort of your home and perhaps the timing was not right or the start-up cost may have been a concern for you, Lusk Tax Service LLC has successfully helped quite a few tax professionals get their start. We have great software, banking and support.

Check out our website at www.lusktaxservice.com and see if our company makes sense to you like it has for others working at home with us. If you are interested in discovering how we might be able to assist you in accomplishing your specific goals, send us a message regarding what your requirements are, to lusk.tax.service@gmail.com.

Happy Taxing!

Tom in Murfreesboro, Tennessee

5 months ago

Empire in Colton, California said: Hello

Good Afternoon Empire:

I am Tom, the owner of Lighthouse Tax Solutions. We specialize in helping tax businesses become successful. Being tax preparers ourselves for well over thirty years, we understand the obstacles as well as the most profitable way to operate a tax business. Whether one is looking to start a tax practice or have been in the industry for a while, we can help from software to EFIN assistance and everything in between. We are not successful unless you are successful. Email me your contact information to Lakelighthouse@gmail.com. , and we will be more than glad to assist you!

Everyone Have A Blessed Day!

Tom

5 months ago

Tom in Murfreesboro, Tennessee said: Good Afternoon Empire:

I am Tom, the owner of Lighthouse Tax Solutions. We specialize in helping tax businesses become successful. Being tax preparers ourselves for well over thirty years, we understand the obstacles as well as the most profitable way to operate a tax business . Whether one is looking to start a tax practice or have been in the industry for a while, we can help from software to EFIN assistance and everything in between. We are not successful unless you are successful. Email me your contact information to Lakelighthouse@gmail.com. , and we will be more than glad to assist you!

Everyone Have A Blessed Day!

Tom

I'm sure lighthouse is one of the reputable service bureaus out there but not all of them are. BEWARE! When looking for "FREE" software make sure the service bureau tells you the true fees. Also if you anticipate doing more then 40 returns you will be paying too much with most service bureaus since most software costs. $1600 and most service bureaus charge around. $40 per return. If you can't afford the software upfront almost all tax software companies allow deferred payment until feb or march when your $ comes in. I was lied to this past tax season by a service bureau called Tax Breaks Pro out of Texas. They promised me free crosslink software and not only charged my clients but me for every return sent whether bank product or night. Software that would've cost $1500 I paid over $10,000 for!!! I since filed suit against both Tax Breaks Pro and Petz Enterprises (Owner of crosslink tax software) for failing to fully disclose these fees. I am happy to announce an Ohio judge last month ruled in my favor and found Tax Breaks and Petz enterprises at fault for these excessive fees I was charged. If you too used Tax Breaks or Crosslink Tax and feel you were overcharged please contact me and I can discuss your options.

JOSE DELGADO in Richmond Hill, New York

5 months ago

TO: TAX PROFESSIONALS (CPA, EA, AND RTRP) WHO PROVIDE BANK PRODUCTS
SUBJECT:SOFTWARE TECHNOLOGICAL AND BANK PRODUCT FEES
DATE: NOVEMBER 11, 2013

CC: TAX WISE, DRAKE SOFTWARE, LACERTE, PROSERIES, TAXSLAYER, CROSSLINK, PRO TAX PRO, AGILE TAX, QRTAX PRO, THOMSON REUTERS, NAEA, NATP, NATC, LATINO TAX PROFESSIONALS ASSOCIATION,NARTRP,TAXPRO TODAY,PTIN DIRECTORY

As a tax professional, it is frustrating to see tax preparation software vendors charging an electronic transmission and other fees, up to $14.00 when a taxpayer applies for a bank product.

I believe that these fees are excessive to us (ERO), in addition to buying the software; we must reduce our tax preparation fees to meet the requirements of software vendors, while making sure we do not over charge our clients.

See this example:
An office with 800 taxpayers funded bank product, lose an income average approximately of $11,200.00 because that income goes to the software vendor in a fee. They call that fee a “technological fee and bank product fee," in addition an average of $1,200.00 others that (ERO) have to pay for the purchase of tax preparation software.

Does this seem right to you?

All tax preparers and business affected must protest. Starting with your tax software provider, and also with the help of all professional organizations you belong to or are associated with. And if they don’t do something about it, we must involve the Better Business Bureau, your local Department of Consumer Affairs and the department of professional responsibility of the Internal Revenue Service Center.

5 months ago

I totally agree with what your saying. These fees really add up and can affect your bottom line. After 19 years in the tax business I have found only one software company that doesn't do any add on fees. Intuit Pro Series. They have unlimited efile packages for around $1,500. I'll be using them for all my offices this year! They also have deferred payment until late Feb 2014. I should note I make no money by recommending this software. I just hope this will force other software to companies to follow suit and stop these excessive add on fees.

Rochelle Gross in Jacksonville, Florida

5 months ago

I am a tax preparer/ERO, I do not work for any software company nor am I trying to recruit clients. and I disagree with what you are saying. Not all tax software and Service Bureaus are out to get you. Besides, they are providing a service, and they have to make a living, also.

Frankly, I thank God for Service Bureaus. I saved on technology and service bureaus fees for 5 years, by filing directly to IRS myself but the yearly setup, and filing was too burdensome and taxing on me until I gladly switch software. I used Taxact for years and the software was very inexpensive, I paid less than $150 for the software, and $4 efile (Now the efile fee is $8.50) fee when I first started with them. After filing 100 efile per year, the rest of the efile was free. There was/is no other fees such as technology of service bureau. And they also offered Bank products.

I am now using TRX, the software is not that expensive, and one year, about two years ago, they had a flat $20 fee that covered everything, bank product, service bureau, etc. I am still with them, But they had some software issues this tax season. I'll see how they do this year.

Also, there are plenty service bureaus out there they are providing tax software, and very low fees. For example, there's a company in Jacksonville, Fl called CIT (Coommunity Income Tax). They are providing free tax software (Taxact), and a flat $15 efile fee.

5 months ago

Rochelle Gross in Jacksonville, Florida said: I am a tax preparer/ERO, I do not work for any software company nor am I trying to recruit clients. and I disagree with what you are saying. Not all tax software and Service Bureaus are out to get you. Besides, they are providing a service, and they have to make a living, also.
Frankly, I thank God for Service Bureaus. I saved on technology and service bureaus fees for 5 years, by filing directly to IRS myself but the yearly setup, and filing was too burdensome and taxing on me until I gladly switch software. I used Taxact for years and the software was very inexpensive, I paid less than $150 for the software, and $4 efile (Now the efile fee is $8.50) fee when I first started with them. After filing 100 efile per year, the rest of the efile was free. There was/is no other fees such as technology of service bureau. And they also offered Bank products. I am now using TRX, the software is not that expensive, and one year, about two years ago, they had a flat $20 fee that covered everything, bank product, service bureau, etc. I am still with them, But they had some software issues this tax season. I'll see how they do this year.
Also, there are plenty service bureaus out there they are providing tax software, and very low fees. For example, there's a company in Jacksonville, Fl called CIT (Coommunity Income Tax). They are providing free tax software (Taxact), and a flat $15 efile fee.

I understand they need to make money but not at our expense. Service bureaus to me are nothing but middle men. Take what you are saying. $20 flat fees and $15 flat fees you talk about. If you do 500 returns you are paying $10,000 at $20 flat fee and $7500 at. $15. How is that a good deal when you can buy the software for $1,500. If you like paying 5 to 7 times more then feel free. The only way you save money with them at the rates you talk about is if you do 100 or less returns.

Page:  « First « Previous   9  10  11  12  13  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.