will a big franchise , Block, Hewitt, Lib find out if a tax preparer is doing returns on the side?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Jay Tizzle in Florida

23 months ago

I am new to the business, taking RTRP soon, and it looks like I am going to do tax prep for a big franchise in the area. My goal for getting into this business is to meet potential clients for my other business. The problem is that I want to target employees of specific companies and offer to do their taxes for very cheap to build a relationships with them for my other business. I doubt these employees will be using the services of the tax prep franchise I will be working with/for to get some experience. If I buy my own software and prepare for these employees on the side, will the franchise I am working for find out? Has anyone else on this board got into tax prep as a way to prospect for other businesses like mortgage, insurance, investments?

thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Monique in Houston, Texas

18 months ago

Jay Tizzle in Florida said: I am new to the business , taking RTRP soon, and it looks like I am going to do tax prep for a big franchise in the area. My goal for getting into this business is to meet potential clients for my other business.

thanks

Yes, Jay they can find out. That is why they have you sign a non-compete agreement.

Congratulations in wanting to own your tax business. Let my company save you some money by joining our affiliate program as an independent contractor. We specialized in computerized state and federal preparation of individuals and businesses income tax returns for taxpayers living anywhere in the United States which is why your a good candidate for our program.

We extend to the independent contractor our 16 plus years experience, our dedicated support network of Preparers and EROs, and tools to include but not limited to software and bank products needed to operate your business.

Our company will work as an extension of your company offering you a professional discount on our services, arrange a percentage based commission or discuss any other options you may be more comfortable with making this offer an affordable opportunity for a contractor to enter the tax industry. After we assist you with the setup of your office, our team will help you with completion of your customer's tax file as well as with resolving tax questions which is a plus for someone looking to start their own tax

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BPDoranCPA in Sugar Land, Texas

16 months ago

Jay,

What you are suggesting is VERY unethical and immoral.

Chris Tax in Los Angeles, California

16 months ago

Doing tax returns on the side while under a non compete is very unethical.

Chris

Owner Cel Financial Services
IRS Registered Tax Return Preparer
Registered bonded California CTEC Tax Preparer
Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Fillmore needs.
www.taxprepfillmore.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.