I'm in a Career & Life Planning college course that is requiring me to do an informational interview with someone in the Technical Writing field. Would anyone be willing to answer a few questions briefly outlining what is it like to be a technical writer? Any help would be appreciated. (I see a similar topic posted here that I can also draw from.)
Here the questions:
1. What do you do during a typical workday?
2. Do you like what you do? Why or why not?
3. What attracted you to this type of work?
4. How is your job different from how it appears to an outsider?
5. What training or education is needed to do what you do?
6. What is the average starting salary and what can a person expect to be making in five years?
7. What keeps you interested in your work?
8. What does it take to become successful in your company?
9. What do you think the future holds for a job like yours?
10. Are there special areas or needs that a newcomer could fill?
11. If you were starting again, what, if anything, would you do differently?
12. What books or sources of information would you recommend?
13. What other advice do you have for a person considering this career?
Thanks in advance for the help!