Suggestions/Tips on job leads for a Technical Writer with 10+yr experience in Charlotte? : )

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

DocumentDesigner in Fort Mill, South Carolina

44 months ago

Hello everyone,

My name is Mahreen and I am a technical writer/editor with 10+ years experience in a variety of industries including aerospace, finance, IT, and engineering. I was most recently working as a finance/technical writer for an investing firm. I have a Master’s degree in Technical writing and I am knowledgeable in desktop publishing, documentation control and database management systems. I am familiar with writing a vast scope of documents, including user manuals/guides, training/resource manuals, and diagnostic/troubleshooting guides.

Objective:
A position as a technical writer, preferably in the areas of Aerospace, Aviation, Defense, as well as government contracts. I am open to other industries if my skill set and the company’s requirements are a good match, but would prefer if the industry is not finance.

Technical expertise includes: Microsoft Office Suite, RoboHelp, Adobe PageMaker, PhotoShop, Camtasia, HTML, and DreamWeaver. Adept at rapidly learning new applications and systems.

I have been posting my resume on many job sites, contacting recruiters, networking...but am having such a hard time nailing down a technical writing job in Charlotte that is NOT in the finance sector. Does anyone have any hints/tips/suggestions? I am willing to work within other industries if needed...but I have to admit I am getting a bit frustrated. I have been getting offers in areas outside of Charlotte but I don't feel like I am supposed to relocate to another state right now. I would like to contact some of the defense contractors in Charlotte directly but have no idea how to get any hiring managers emails addresses etc. Any ideas? :)

Tips/Help Please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.