How to find volunteer writing assignments

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Frank in Bedford, New Hampshire

42 months ago

Hi all, I'm looking to start a job in technical writing and am looking for volunteer projects. Does anybody know of any?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shannon in Baltimore, Maryland

31 months ago

Frank in Bedford, New Hampshire said: Hi all, I'm looking to start a job in technical writing and am looking for volunteer projects. Does anybody know of any?

Thanks

Hi Frank. Not sure if you found anything yet but I am looking for volunteer writers for a green business website scheduled to launch late October/early November. I have a tech section that I am looking for writers for. Feel free to email me. ShannonSulton@Gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

ashish in York, United Kingdom

30 months ago

Frank in Bedford, New Hampshire said: Hi all, I'm looking to start a job in technical writing and am looking for volunteer projects. Does anybody know of any?

Thanks

Hi Frank,
Not sure if you still looking for the same. But if yes you can contribute your valuable time to www.wikiuncle.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia Balfe in San Rafael, California

24 months ago

Hello-
I'm in the same predicament. I have six year of technical writing experience in a GMP environment, and I'm looking to branch out and find a job as a more diverse technical writer. I recently took a class to brush up on my skills, but I would really like a volunteer position to add to my portfolio.
Thank you,
Alicia Balfe

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Elaine E. in East Orange, New Jersey

22 months ago

Alicia Balfe in San Rafael, California said: Hello-
I'm in the same predicament. I have six year of technical writing experience in a GMP environment, and I'm looking to branch out and find a job as a more diverse technical writer. I recently took a class to brush up on my skills, but I would really like a volunteer position to add to my portfolio.
Thank you,
Alicia Balfe

Try looking for internship positions and/or positions in the nonprofit technology arena. NTEN.org and idealist.org may be of some help.

Craig in Louisburg, North Carolina

19 months ago

Thanks

I own a site techreviewsandhelp.com/ and if you want you can help me out. The following link will tell you how to volunteer techreviewsandhelp.com/2012/09/21/tech-reviews-and-help-needs-volunteers-2/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Alissa in Plano, Texas

17 months ago

There are a number of volunteer opportunities. Tech Whirl just published a series of articles about this topic. Check them out at: techwhirl.com/

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.