Good banks to work for?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado

72 months ago

Hello,

I will interview with TCF tonight and a phone interview with Wells Fargo tomorrow. However, after reading some former customer comments on TCF, I am begining to doubt working for them would be a personality match as I like to help people with their finances. From what I've read, TCF puts much greater emphasis on making money off of customer overdraft fees while generally providing subpar customer service. Now, I don't know this from personal experience, so I am keeping an open mind. But it is a concern.

I know sales will be a part of any teller or banker position, that's just the nature of the beast. But I am a pretty helpful person, and I actually feel better in a job when I am helping people, so I want to work for a bank that either cares more or at least just as much about customer service as it does making money.

So I wanted to see if either current/former employees could recommend some banks for me, or even customers who have noticed better customer service at some banks compared to others. I have heard some bad things about Chase and Compass, but again, I'll keep an open mind for now.

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jjohnsonCO in Colorado Springs, Colorado

72 months ago

Well I had my phone interview for Personal Banker and Teller with WF. I think I did well, but probably could have been a little more aggressive on my sales experience than I was. Hopefully I hear back before the end of the week about the PB job, I think I'm going to keep away from Teller for now because it's too few hours for too little pay.

Anyway, my short term goals, if I go this route, are to get my licenses, bank some incentives, and aim for a manager position as soon as I can. I don't intend to stick with banking forever, because doing high pressure sales for more than a few years is soul draining to an analyst like me. Financial Management is my ultimate goal.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.