Getting a traffic coordinator job.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

How did you get your start doing traffic coordinator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

Reply - Report abuse

Jonathan Tyrrell in Chicago, Illinois

85 months ago

How, and where can I apply, to become a traffic coordinator? I recieved a lead, from a Thomas B., that this would be a career worth my investigation. Thank you for your time. With all sincerity, Jonathan Tyrrell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

MW in Syracuse, New York

73 months ago

Host said: How did you get your start doing traffic coordinator work, and what career moves did you make to get to your current position?

Do you need a particular educational background?

The job I currently hold possesses responsibilities which encompass the whole range of traffic and supply chain requirements. After college I began working as an Engineer's Asst. with a small manufacturing company. Small companies are great places to start because typically workers wear many hats and you are exposed to the many different facets of business operations and management. Even though I was responsible for cost estimating of new designs, I was attracted to Supply Chain Management after watching the manager we had doing his job. When I heard that another factory was gearing up I went and applied for a Shipping Dept. position. I started at the bottom and after 10 years was Distribution Manager. Lots of hours and hard work but it paid off. Now I am the Distribution Manager for a small, local, chemicals manufacturer where all my talents and abilities are constantly employed and challenged. Company culture is quite negative but the experience is invaluable. So business education, strong work ethic, and a willingness to learn is all you really need to make a go at Traffic/Supply Chain Management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.