What are typical transport driver salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Alan in Tualatin, Oregon

87 months ago

The term " Transport Driver" as far as I know typically is related to the bakery or bread industry such as wonder bread, oroweat, Franz etc etc.
The major wholesale bakeries are union with Teamster Drivers.The top pay is right around 21 bucks an hour give or take a few cents.You would have paid medical, dental and vision and apx 3.25 an hour which goes into your teamster pension trust fund. You will pay 50 bucks a month for union dues and every cent of that is worth it.You will work split days off such as have tuesday and saturdays off with a apx 7-8 paid holidays a year,one week vacation after 1 yr, 2 after 2 yrs, 3 after 5 yrs and 4 after 10 yrs...Franz Bakery is one Bakery that I know pays top scale when you are hired on.It is also the only Bakery that needs you to have double triples endorsement because youn will be pulling around three wagons a lot..They are hiring now...Great job and benefits and hard work and so so equiptment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John Doe in Little Deer Isle, Maine

65 months ago

As for the Teamsters, do you have to participate in their retirement plan? If so one must ask?

Is the retirement fund properly funded or has it been raided?

Vesting, if you're laid off or let go before you're vested, do you just kiss your retirement contributions good by?

Alan in Tualatin, Oregon said: The term " Transport Driver" as far as I know typically is related to the bakery or bread industry such as wonder bread, oroweat, Franz etc etc.
The major wholesale bakeries are union with Teamster Drivers.The top pay is right around 21 bucks an hour give or take a few cents.You would have paid medical, dental and vision and apx 3.25 an hour which goes into your teamster pension trust fund. You will pay 50 bucks a month for union dues and every cent of that is worth it.You will work split days off such as have tuesday and saturdays off with a apx 7-8 paid holidays a year,one week vacation after 1 yr, 2 after 2 yrs, 3 after 5 yrs and 4 after 10 yrs...Franz Bakery is one Bakery that I know pays top scale when you are hired on.It is also the only Bakery that needs you to have double triples endorsement because youn will be pulling around three wagons a lot..They are hiring now...Great job and benefits and hard work and so so equiptment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

byeU in Rogers, Arkansas

33 months ago

How what is the lowest pay jobs? How much sanitation or scaler pays and hour? please reply to my email bujenrjt@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.