Boom or bust?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing?

Where are the jobs? Which places have the most transportation manager opportunities?

Reply - Report abuse

Alan Sperling in Phoenix, Arizona

75 months ago

I just don't understand why companies list job opportunities but never get back to you for an interview, all I get is thanks for applying, but we have soo many applicants and if your qualifications meet our standards we will let you know. But I have all the qualifications they need so what is it. Just seeing how many people respond to that or just to see how many people are out of work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

R.M. in Atlanta, Georgia

69 months ago

Alan,

You are so right. I have applied for a boatload of trans. managers jobs. I have a ton- I mean a ton!- of experience, meeting all of the qualifications for these postings and I get no response. Either they are not prepared to handle the volume of replies or the HR departments are inept. Trust me- many HR departments are where the not so gifted hang out. At any rate I have read that less than 5% of all jobs are filled by internet postings. Networking gets the highest marks for the landing of a job. Good Luck to you Alan.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

A.S. in Winder, Georgia

64 months ago

It is a fact that most postings are not filled via internet. The best way to land a job in todays market is networking. Most HR folks are trying to fill the position with the least expensive canidate. They do not understand that a key Transportation person pays for their salary ten-fold. A good book to read is Gueri`lla Marketing for Job Hunters 2.0. May not land you a job but it will give you some new ideas to add to your search.

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.