INBOUND call center for the travel industry

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (32)

John

79 months ago

I have heard that a sales person in a BUSY INBOUND call center can make a VERY GOOD living. For a good sales person, what kind of base pay and bonuses might someone make in their first year?
Are there any call centers in West Palm Beach, Ft. Lauderdale, or nearby areas?
Also can these calls be routed to my home for this type of job?
ANY input would be appreciated! I ALLREADY know about YTB and others business opportunities like that, right now I am looking for a j-o-b.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

John in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

John said: I have heard that a sales person in a BUSY INBOUND call center can make a VERY GOOD living. For a good sales person, what kind of base pay and bonuses might someone make in their first year?
ANY input would be appreciated! I ALLREADY know about YTB and others business opportunities like that, right now I am looking for a j-o-b.

John, I know you posted a while ago - so hopefully you will see this. I would certainly check out American Express. Yhey have a large regional center in Miramar, and I know for a fact they are hiring. One of, if not the best places to work in the industry. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

remaining faithful in Snellville

78 months ago

John
I'm trying to get into American express in Norcross Georgia. The position advertised was for the travel education program, an entry level position. I was just wondering if you worked with American express and if you had any tips for me. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

Sorry, I just saw your question.

I used to, but no longer work for them. I can tell you that this position probably won't pay too much to start, but you certainly can't go wrong with this. They have fantastic training, fantastic benefits and almost unlimited growth opps.

Please be aware they are moving further north next year - they just signed a lease on a new building at Sugarloaf & I-85.

Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

remaining faithful in Snellville, Georgia

78 months ago

Thanks for the help. I applied for the entry level position but no one called and I have no clue who to contact. I guess they've hired for that training class already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

BNTG in Alexandria, Virginia

78 months ago

Be persistant! Maybe in addition to your resume, write a brief two paragraph cover letter explaining why you would like to work for AMEX...it may make a difference!!

remaining faithful in Snellville, Georgia

78 months ago

The problem is that I have no clue who to contact. The number for that office isn't listed and the job posting doesn't have a contact name or number. Ice called other offices and have been given the run around about getting in contact with human resources. AMEX is a great company to grow with and I can't seem to get my foot in the door.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Inspector in Missouri

72 months ago

John said: I have heard that a sales person in a BUSY INBOUND call center can make a VERY GOOD living. For a good sales person, what kind of base pay and bonuses might someone make in their first year?

Try the cruise lines in Miami

Sudeshna

71 months ago

Hi I am looking for a home based travel industry job. i have an IATA/UFTAA diploma and have worked for tour operator, Airlines and Hotel, and even Hsopital tourism field in an Asian country.
i am looking for a scam free, investment free authentic person who would like to utilize the skills of a person with more than 10 years of sales experience in various countries.
Any help will be highly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Louis126 in Calhoun, Georgia

69 months ago

I have about a year of experience working as a Corporate Travel Counselor, in an inbound call center (for American Express Travel, in ABQ, NM). I also worked for Amex when they were located in Norcross, GA for about 5 months.

I am presently looking for an opening for a Corporate Travel Counselor in or around the Atlanta area, preferably in an inbound call type setting (as opposed to outbound), however I can be flexible. Also, as crazy as this may sound, I am going to need a refresher course on Travel Industry basics, as I have become a bit rusty. So an entry-level opportunity with about 2 to 4 weeks of paid training is most likely what I would be looking for.

I do love this type of work, and hope to get back into it very soon.

Thanks!

Louis126
louis126@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

saric283@yahoo.com in Suwanee, Georgia

69 months ago

Louis126

I'm looking for a couple of answers and don't know how to start looking for information. Perhaps you can give me some guidance. I'm in the limousine business & traditionally transport people to local events & venues. Lately, strictly as a service to my customers, I've done some airline & out of town hotel bookings. I'm not looking to make this a primary revenue source, nor can I continue to afford to do it as a free service, but it looks like I may have an increasing demand for this kind of customer reservation service.

Where can I find licensing requirements for GA? Do I need to affiliate with a "real" travel agency. I want to do this right & if I can make a buck, OK, but I don't want to get consumed by additional, time draining responsibilities.

Can you give me some direction on where to start looking?

Thanks

Sam

68 months ago

Hello Sam,

To begin, I would like to ask you a few questions about the work you are doing. Do you already own your own limo business, and have you therefore already obtained your business license? And out of curiosity, do you work for yourself, or do you employ others who work for you as well?

I have to admit, although I'm not really sure exactly what type of license you would most likely be interested in, however, just after doing a little bit of research I was able to find a few websites which might be of help to you in your endeavors:

www.atlantaga.gov/government/finance/businesslicense.aspx

www.georgia.gov/00/channel_title/0,2094,4802_5033,00.html

On to the matter of your question regarding Travel Agencies. The only one(s) I have personally worked for have (both) been related to American Express Travel. In this regard (especially Platinum Travel, in Atlanta), the customer base was first required to possess their own American Express credit cards before we would service their needs over the phone. Since there is no way to require this of your own clientele (AND since most of the other well known travel services you find out there would have similar affiliation requirements (ie --- just consider AAA Travel for instance --- in this scenario their clientele must be AAA members to receive travel-related assistance, at least as far as I know). So it would be difficult for me to be able to recommend any particular travel agency, per se.

Now, lastly let me ask you a question: By contacting me about this, were you wanting to ask me if (or hoping) I might be interested in helping you out with these extra services which you have been offering your clients lately? If so, please let me know, because I would be interested, and have a few ideas I would like to toss around with you.

Thanks!

Louis126

Paul Anderson in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

saric283@yahoo.com in Suwanee, Georgia said: Louis126

I'm looking for a couple of answers and don't know how to start looking for information. Perhaps you can give me some guidance. I'm in the limousine business & traditionally transport people to local events & venues. Lately, strictly as a service to my customers, I've done some airline & out of town hotel bookings. I'm not looking to make this a primary revenue source, nor can I continue to afford to do it as a free service, but it looks like I may have an increasing demand for this kind of customer reservation service.

Where can I find licensing requirements for GA? Do I need to affiliate with a "real" travel agency. I want to do this right & if I can make a buck, OK, but I don't want to get consumed by additional, time draining responsibilities.

Can you give me some direction on where to start looking?

Thanks

Sam

Hello,

Sam I understand, I too book travel on the side. I am in the music industry and since I travel alot my friends started asking me to do thier travel bookings aswell. I was introduced to Traverus Travel and this is the best option to look into so far my wife and i have researched 5 other companies before getting started with Traverus Travel. Give me a call 678-518-7113 anytime to get all your questions answered.
Take care
Paul Anderson
Regional Executive
Traverus Travel

68 months ago

I just want to say for the record that I personally disagree with everyone here who endorses these bogus "work-from-home travel industry" companies. In most instances each one of them requires an enormous, outrageous investment on the part of the person wanting to get started in the industry.

Not only is the fee ridiculous, but they don't even supply you with a clientele. For the money you pay, they should at least do that much for you.

Unknown in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

It seems the only reason its bogus to you is that you are lazy and not willing to do any work!
If you were a lawyer does the firm give you all your cases .... NO! you have to network, advertise,
thats the same with travel agents that work from home.

But It's ok your not educated on the industry.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

68 months ago

Gee, your comments are so helpful. How considerate and generous of to post such a message here just for me. It really makes me feel all warm and fuzzy on the inside. I'd say that the tone of your comments alone would almost make me want to change my whole entire concept about how I think, believe, and feel about what this topic. You are clearly the universal source of all wisdom, knowledge and good sense, in human bodily form. I think you should run for the position king of the universe, my friend. Why, you would certainly have my vote if you did.

On the other hand....if you actually believe all of that crap, then I have some beachfront property in the state of Oklahoma I'd like to try to interest you in also.

I do have an opinion about you, but it wouldn't be appropriate for me to air it in this forum. And you can be assured that any future comments you post here will go straight into the Spam folder of my email, which in turn will be printed up and placed at the bottom of the bird cage, which is exactly where your comments belong.

But I won't see any of them one way or the other. So perhaps you shouldn't even waste your time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Unknown in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

ok I understand. do what makes you feel happy guy!

Rebae in Logan, Utah

67 months ago

I am confused by reading the posts here. My simple questions are: 1. can you earn decent money from home by working in the travel field? I love to travel. And, 2. what companies are legit?

67 months ago

Yes you can make good money in the travel industry, As long as are certified and willing to learn.

Do you have an area of travel of travel that you want to specialize in?

As for companies there are legit companies out there, The company that i am with is Traverus Travel. I have not found a better company that has this much support, training, and a good compensation plan.

feel free to email me your name and number and a good time to call you. I will call you to answer any and all questions you may have.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

67 months ago

Rebae in Logan, Utah said: I am confused by reading the posts here. My simple questions are: 1. can you earn decent money from home by working in the travel field? I love to travel. And, 2. what companies are legit?

Hi its Paul Again My email Address is anderonescapes@yahoo.com

Rebae in Logan, Utah

67 months ago

Paul in Georgia, I emailed you and your email was invalid.

67 months ago

Hello, My email address is: andersonescapes@yahoo.com

Sorry about that mixup.

I look forward to talking to you.

R P in Atlanta, Georgia

66 months ago

Rebae in Logan, Utah said: I am confused by reading the posts here. My simple questions are: 1. can you earn decent money from home by working in the travel field? I love to travel. And, 2. what companies are legit?

Simple answers
1. YES
2. TraVerus Travel

www.MemberTrips.com
"RP"

R P in Atlanta, Georgia

65 months ago

Rebae in Logan, Utah said: Paul in Georgia, I emailed you and your email was invalid.

Shoot me an email or call me if you're serious.

Through the month of December 2008...I'm looking for 10 qualified people that are serious about a home based business, to start for less than $100.

Only reach me if you're serious.

"RP"
Info@MemberTrips.com

anthony clarance in Madras, India

65 months ago

R P in Atlanta, Georgia said: Shoot me an email or call me if you're serious.

Through the month of December 2008...I'm looking for 10 qualified people that are serious about a home based business, to start for less than $100.

Only reach me if you're serious.

"RP"
Info@MemberTrips.com

Phone broad cast service is the perfect marketing tool to work at home used in Emergency Alerts, Insurance Marketing, Mortgage Marketing, Health Care, Community Alerts, Financial Services, Church Groups,B2B Services, Announcements. This is the tool that six figure earners are using to make their fortune

pfender@aol.com in Springfield, Missouri

62 months ago

I am looking for a good host travel agency to work from home, there are so many listed and I have called several, how do you know which one is the best host agency and where do you get the references to check them out. I would appreciate any information anyone can give me. I was laid off my job at the travel agency I worked for due to lack of business. I sell mostly cruises and tours. Thank you for your help.

Livy in Auckland, New Zealand

62 months ago

Hi, I was wondering if any of these companies are available here in New Zealand?
Thanks for your time.

Louis126 in Rome, Georgia

45 months ago

Louis126 in Calhoun, Georgia said: I just want to say for the record that I personally disagree with everyone here who endorses these bogus "work-from-home travel industry" companies. In most instances each one of them requires an enormous, outrageous investment on the part of the person wanting to get started in the industry.

Not only is the fee ridiculous, but they don't even supply you with a clientele. For the money you pay, they should at least do that much for you.

****CORRECTION*****
Let me for the record say that I stand corrected, on what I said previously, namely that the work from home Travel businesses are bogus. I apologize to anyone for offending them by what I said. If I could remove that/those comments I would, but this site won't let me do so.

But nevertheless, I was out of line saying those bad things I said, nearly 2 years ago now (or perhaps longer than that, I don't remember. . .). Please forgive me for being striveful and argumentative. . .I did'nt know what I was talking about. Please do not be offended by what I said and posted here back then (yes those comments are still posted here from way back then).

Please rest assured that, just as they have maintained here as long as you do the work required to build a solid business for yourself, that it will pay off in the end.

Take care.

Louis126

stefanie in Moultrie, Georgia

35 months ago

I have 3 years working experience working in the travel industry in KCMO but moved to south Georgia in 2000 & could not find work in that industry. Now after 2 years of being unemployed I am looking for any work. I loved the travel industry & would love to get back into it especially if I worked from home since I am now experiencing physical limitations as well. Can anyone give me info as to how to start?

Stefanie

upendra.at@gmail.com in Delhi, India

25 months ago

hello sir i have no experience in travel line,but i want to join travel line so will you suggest me what is the future in that line

Nimeje97@gmail.com in Newark, New Jersey

25 months ago

upendra.at@gmail.com in Delhi, India said: hello sir i have no experience in travel line,but i want to join travel line so will you suggest me what is the future in that line

The first thing you need to do is polish your written skills since it affects how people will perceive your abilities (and capabilities). Then try again, this time with a precise question and with an exact description of what you are looking for (i.e. do you want sell locally, internationally, telephone travel support, etc.). Travel is alive and strong but a cut-throat business...are you sure you want to become a travel agent (or an agent in the travel business)?

Msjodian_islandgurl in Biloxi, Mississippi

22 months ago

hi, im in the process of getting a degree in travel and tourism...i really love this industry, but, im fearful of my future and what this degree will take me! what r some suggestions seeing that i have no experience

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.