Travel Agent Classes because we need more Home Based Workers

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 56)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Nick in De Pere, Wisconsin

83 months ago

Arlene,

You are so right on. My brother and new wife just spent a wonderful week in Costa Rica, using your same travel company. I just talked to him today and they LOVED the honeymoon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in New Jersey

83 months ago

Yes that is the best part, our site offers so much, we have a Full Bridal Registry and so much more right on that site.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Simone in Mesa, Arizona

81 months ago

Arlenie,

I just signed up with a company in my city that offers free travel agent classes too. Being trained is very important to me. It seems like a lot of the travel companies don't offer much training. They are looking for agents to already have training. So, I was very happy to find a company that offers pretty extensive online training for new agents. The company I went with is called Sapphire Cruises. You can see their info at: www.sapphirecruises.com/aboutourprogram.php

I found them through the OSSN website (www.ossn.com), which I just joined. They also seem like they have a lot of realy great information for new agents too. I also joined CLIA (www.cruising.org) so I can get started working toward earning my ACC accreditation. There's a lot to learn, huh? How long have you been an agent?

Simone
Mesa, Arizona

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BNTG in Arlington, Virginia

81 months ago

Not necessarily free but none the less a very good sounding program/agency to belong to. There is a $10 monthly fee for accounting.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey

81 months ago

Yes the OSSN is an excellent source for training and info for he Home Based Agent, I joined them too, I am already CLIA www.iata.org Training and attend CLIA 2x per year live. That is great that your Host Agency is letting you get your training through them. I know many want Home Based Agents who have training but some do not require it.

I actually found with the more training the higher they would offer me in Commissions, but it rarely went above 35% living in the North East the markets here are very competitive I am ok with the 60% I get now.

You should also join up with Travel Weekly online and Travel Agent Magazine by mail www.travelagentcentral.com www.famconnection.com these are a few. Right now I am studying China and what they have to offer. I like Cruises but I would really like selling all inclusive and destination weddings as my specialty.

There is a lot out there good luck with everything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Industry - Career Change in Frisco, Texas

80 months ago

Industry - Career Change in Frisco, Texas said: Is there a BEST school industry stadard of accreditation?

i.e. University colleges are accredited by major Regional organizations.
If you don't know this you'd easily get caught in a non-accredited technical school or business school which some companies do not recognize in general major businesses. Also, the credits often will not transfer elsewhere for further education.

Tell me about the Top valued education level for a Travel Agent?

Also:
What are the earning potentials?
Is it realistic to truly earn great income home based from as travel agent?

P.S. No I'm not interested at all in Multi-Level marketing.

Industry - Career Change in Frisco, Texas

80 months ago

How long would it take to earn back the Travel Agent education fees?
Truly be realistic. No pie-in-the-sky nonsense, please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BNTG in Alexandria, Virginia

80 months ago

Realistically yes you can earn a very good income as a home based agent but it would take real passion for serving your clients and their needs in creating a value proposition that makes you invaluable....it can be done and it does take time...doesn't have to be years and years but not overnight...unless you are talking MLM in which case you are building your "downline" as opposed to your client base...

80 months ago

Industry - Career,

Actually what BNT is saying is likely true for the Brick/Mortar Travel Industry. There are many people booking travel, I did for years using an Agency, booking Cruises for Family reunions or all Inclusive for a Church Group Trip. Unfortunately I not allow by the Brick/Mortar Travel Industry to make commissions. I was however able to put 70 people on a plane, hotel and cruise but because I was not considered accredited the travel company did not have to pay me.

This is what brought me to YTB, and Now I have the options of free Medical plus bonus from 1,000.00 to 1 Million. YTB offered me an opportunity to not only continue to book travel as I was doing but to also locate other people just like me locked out of this 7 trillion dollar market and make an income from them as well.

Many people no longer use Travel Companies because they charge higher fees for services they can get on the internet for less. Go and call up an agency and book a flight then go online to say orbitz and book that same flight same seat and you will likely get it for around 35.00 cheaper.

You see people are booking online with out the help of an Agency or TA, this in fact is what caused Liberty Travel one of the biggest chains in the US be sold to an overseas company. Travel has changed it has been changing since the Internet's first Travel Store Expedia opened its Etickets in 1990. Travel will continue to evolve because Online Travel will never go away.

If your really looking for an unlimited income I would highly recommend Travel as the one for you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Such a fantasy statement....unlimited income??? You must be talking about building your downline in YTB..even the "super professional" agents in the business are pulling somewhere around $100K - $300 so unlimited belongs in another category....

and is it you weren't allowed by the your "agency" to make commissions and instead were paid a salary??? instead of the "industry"?????

80 months ago

from one of the other forums I'm on.......

" I think CM that the avg YTBer or Trav, WV, etc.who operate as MLM's spend the majority of their time focusing on building their downline cause that's where the money's at for them, not the travel booking aspect of their business. "

That's the whole idea of mlm - duh . . .

" Most people who chose to join an MLM do so on a part-time basis and most never take it seriously and quit before they earn any substantial amount of money (or the company goes bust). "

" The people in ytb who are making enough money to "spend time on an exotic island or even quit their real jobs" are not making the income from booking travel, it's from recruiting. "

Some maybe. But I know a "few" that make a nice 6 figure income selling travel in ytb . . .

80 months ago

BNT your two statements are confusing... do you actually know what your talking about???

I am just going to say I will agree to disagree with you yet again, when you join either YTB or Joystar or World Ventures or Coastal then please come back and give me a point of view on one of the MLMs but until that moment in time sista please keep your out ridiculous MLM opinions to a low roar. Those of us seasoned in MLM realize you are likely afraid of the income we are making in Travel.

Your continued wanting to put others down for their business and life style is really a joke. I personally can not imagine how you are even making an income with all the talk you do putting down people and their companies.

Girl you need a life for real! but you sure are funny I will give you at least that much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

Others see your organization for what it is....yes it is an MLM and in and of itself I don't "kick" that...although MLM is NOT the way I prefer to do business I realize their is usually a market covering all types of business aspects that appeal en' masse.......with that said arlen, your organization is certainly making the money from recruiting which is what MLM's are all about...recruiting with whatever emphasis they have choosen to concentrate in, rather that's travel, herbals, vitamins and in number of products/services the focus surely is building the downline and then that downline building a downline...the second piece above is from one of YOUR OWN YTB people, NOT me...he wrote that and is at the director's level...I surely can appreciate his honesty...he's not diluted by the "illusion" that travel is going to bring "everyone" the big bucks because its not, its through recruiting...although as you can imagine there "are" some who "do" make good and/or substantial incomes just from the travel piece alone

80 months ago

BNT is that the real issue here? we have 2 options where you work in a business model that only offers you one?

Is that the reason for your insane comments??? OMG!

You really must not be making any money in travel, one of my stores just sold over 100,000.00 for the year of 2007... that was only one store, can you imagine the credits I get for that???

I am happy that MLM Travel exist for so many who just wanted more options, hey I am not madd at you, for wanting to work in your traditional business model of a brick and mortar travel company, but just dont come on here knocking what you dont understand.

You see it works like this:

I sign up 12 people who were actually already booking travel using the internet but not making money doing it. They then continue to book for their church group, family reunion and so on, only no making money. I in turn get credits for them and their bookings. I have now not only helped another human being make some extra money I am also helping myself.

Those 12 go out and do the same thing I just did, and it keeps growing, kinda think of it like the boss you work for right now who most likely owns several travel stores and hired people just like you, with out any vision of their own but love working a job, while he makes all the profits everybody is happy.

That is how it works, you see we will book more travel because we will hire more people, your company is not out hiring but we are. I can see how this must have you extremely up set and I can only urge you to seek help, most likely medical and mental counseling to get over it, because Travel MLM is here to stay!

80 months ago

You aren't "hiring" people.............

Hiring implies payment to them..but they have to pay as well until they reach "that" number...understanding MLM is very simple, so you shouldn't try to make it this very complicated subject...the fact is still for all this "money" all these "stores" are making...building your downline is the most important thing to do...THAT'S MLM

If it could survive off of travel alone, which it can't, they would be a very different discussion...

80 months ago

So you also have a dictionary and can look up a word, now I am really impressed, and you yet again have another opinion on MLM what else is new BNT what else is new???

You ideas, opinions and actions against a huge industry you know nothing about and none of what you have said here even matters.

Maybe you can not survive off of travel alone and I cant blame you, get a second job, perhaps one out of the home.

BNTG in District Heights, Maryland

80 months ago

Arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: So you also have a dictionary and can look up a word, now I am really impressed, and you yet again have another opinion on MLM what else is new BNT what else is new???

You ideas, opinions and actions against a huge industry you know nothing about and none of what you have said here even matters.

Maybe you can not survive off of travel alone and I cant blame you, get a second job, perhaps one out of the home.

It is YOU who know nothing about your industry. MLM is plain and simple recruiting.....legitimate/illegal/legit/fake/not-fake etc... Whatever you want to call it, it's the "same" in structure...even mlm lawyers will tell you this...it's called MULTI LAYER/NETWORK Marketing for a reason....the structure depends on you building a downline channel on which to base your sales around a product

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

No my friend it is you who dont know!

Not every company is built on the same structure you see an Avon and MaryKay lady both sell cosmetics and they also help other people sell cosmetics, but they are not paid by the same structure, their plans are different. You want to fantasize you know it all but you lack the basic skills to understand a MLM business structure. I think there are some 12 different pay plans out there from Binary to Matrix, to unilevel and more each allowing a different form of residual income.

This grouping of all of them together is where you make your biggest mistake and likely why you just dont get it in the first place.

In YTBs case here is what you have we are a Networking Company but our Comp Plan offers two different opportunities. Both make money in our Industry and both are legal. One makes money in Travel one makes money selling Travel Stores. You believe it is simple recruiting but it is not that simple. We have 2 options of generating income that are residual. Many people opt for just selling Travel to generate income just as you do when you sell travel and many opt for both plans, it is all how you want to work your plan.

Alls I am saying is speak what you know about which is working for your boss, when it comes to MLM or NWM let someone in that business speak on it because you think you know but you have no idea!

80 months ago

Arlenie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: No my friend it is you who dont know!

Not every company is built on the same structure you see an Avon and MaryKay lady both sell cosmetics and they also help other people sell cosmetics, but they are not paid by the same structure, their plans are different. You want to fantasize you know it all but you lack the basic skills to understand a MLM business structure. I think there are some 12 different pay plans out there from Binary to Matrix, to unilevel and more each allowing a different form of residual income.

This grouping of all of them together is where you make your biggest mistake and likely why you just dont get it in the first place.

In YTBs case here is what you have we are a Networking Company but our Comp Plan offers two different opportunities. Both make money in our Industry and both are legal. One makes money in Travel one makes money selling Travel Stores. You believe it is simple recruiting but it is not that simple. We have 2 options of generating income that are residual. Many people opt for just selling Travel to generate income just as you do when you sell travel and many opt for both plans, it is all how you want to work your plan.

Alls I am saying is speak what you know about which is working for your boss, when it comes to MLM or NWM let someone in that business speak on it because you think you know but you have no idea!

www.mlmrankings.com/mlm_directory.asp

80 months ago

It is soooo funny when you guys talk about this "two" plans when clearly by the numbers, the majority of the people are doing BOTH...so that claim is baseless..in fact YTB's OWN NUMBERS show that 80% of the companies income comes from RECRUITING (MLM) not travel sales......check the SEC filings

80 months ago

yet again an antiquated analysis of what MLM is, that is why we prefer to use the term "Network Marketing".

But of course BNT already knew that... with your ability to dig up old info I am shocked your not working in the News some where, truly your skills are being wasted. You could in fact get a really good job with a law firm heck I would hire you to work in my office LOL... we are always in need of a good research person willing to go and do some digging on a last min subject that is going before the Judge in an hour or so.

BNT I do applaud your effort and commitment to the subject though still wrong, and not what I am speaking about here. I will agree to disagree and let it go at that, I gotta go away for a few days so feel free to post what ever, you seem to love the opportunity to have a say even if it is worthless.

80 months ago

same thing

Angela in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

Hi new travel agent in the field, I was actually in Traverus Travel and finally got my website cancelled there were saying you pay 79.95 that was the promotion price going and the first month free or something and they you pay 49.95 a month I don't think so. So now I took class with travel agent classes.com with Sapphire Cruises. So I can't wait to start and get started I just finished the classes so there going to send me my agent certification, and still get my CLIA license which I have not started yet I have 90 days to do it. But the people who work there and own the company are very nice, now the 10.00 on going fee is to use there software called Client Ease. I have people that actually go to these cruises or where ever else and maybe one day go on my own, so let's see what happens

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in New Jersey

78 months ago

Angela,

Congrat's on leaving Traverus trust me MLM does not need anyone in that Business Model who does not belong there. It is not build on your success it is built on the success of others if you can not help other people make money you will not make a dime in an MLM, the best thing you did for yourself was to leave.

Success in your area now will only depend on what you are able to do yourself by yourself. I am always happy when people are ready to leave because it is not their life path, they would have failed and blamed others for their mistakes.

You can be happy that now you are aligned with people who believe in helping themselves as you do and I wish you much success in that field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ARealTAinPA in Bushkill, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

You see people are booking online with out the help of an Agency or TA, this in fact is what caused Liberty Travel one of the biggest chains in the US be sold to an overseas company.

This has to be the stupidest comment yet. Liberty Travel was purchases by an Austrailian company, so what. CWT purchases agencies all over the world, last time I checked, it was #2 in sales at $24Billion dollars. For people not booking with agencies..thats alot of money no? Clearly your another YTB person who has NO KNOWLEDGE OF THE ACTUAL INDUSTRY. Just because you've travelled, and can call an agency with a group, you have a clue what your talking about? Do us a favor, market your downline and just don't book travel...you'll be doing alot of people a favor.

Arlenie in New Jersey

78 months ago

I have been booking Travel for 5 years, it was due to people like yourself that I realized I did not need to work for an agency. I realized I could work on my own for myself, sorry if your still stuck behind a desk.

A true TA in the Business today is using Web2.0 and marketing across the world. I see more companies just like Liberty going out of business, because Travel is not going away it is going online!

So Bush you better keep your eyes open your customers are savy Travelers in todays market, and tired of paying your high prices to cover your store fronts, more people are continuing to use the internet and more are sick of paying added fees.

You sound like you need to leave YTB too!

Arlenie in New Jersey

78 months ago

19 years well Grandma things are changing on ya huh??? at least explains your anger issues you poor dear 80% I dont see where you can afford to pay anything a month?

Thank you but I will stick with my 95% and use of Revelex System plus the option of owning over 15 Travel Stores in 32 Countries, yeah sweetie please dont quit your day job on me I need more just like you, it is keeping me in business.

I am happy for ya, keep up the good work you are light years ahead of all of us working on the internet. I always love running into the types without web20 skills because it makes me laugh.

How about you keep working in your back yard and I'll stick to working worldwide markets on the Super Highway? oh BTW that means the internet ROTFL!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

LMAO Grandma...I'm 36 thank you. I started in this industry at 16 working part time in a local B & M. I use the internet everyday, and my GDS, I know SABRE, APOLLO, GALLILEO, PARS, SYSTEM ONE, AMADEUS AND WORLDSPAN. Do you even know what they are? Do you know what MCO stands for. LMAO..lady you don't have the first clue. I make an 80/20 split on my own time, but I also make a salary on the corporate side..so don't worry about me. I do quite well. I handle about 120 companies on every continent. I also handle Music Management for some famous musicians which CANNOT BOOK online to remain anon..so continue making your millions in la-la land with your MLM..I'll still be here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in New Jersey

78 months ago

Well Grandma you got like 13 years on me so I better respect my elders and turn off this email notice since I got like humm real work to do LOL...

thx for the laughs though!

Angela your headed in the right direction align yourself with the agencies that will support you in business as a Home Based Worker. My company has a booth at the up coming show in NYC at March 1st. try and come if you can.

It is gonna be a blast!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TravelAgentCTC in Clifton, New Jersey

78 months ago

Interesting board. Are you always so disrespectful to your elders, or is that professional courtesy you provide?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Arlenie in Connecticut

78 months ago

ROFL... good job with the new profile LOL LOL LOL...

TravelAgentCTC in Clifton, New Jersey

78 months ago

What? I came looking for advise on a new host and was reading the posts. I just thought it was rude. The agency I worked for moved and I want to start working from home anyway. But if everyone is too busy name calling and mudslinging then I will check elsewhere. Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Angela 12 in Palos Hills, Illinois

78 months ago

Hello my name is Angela, there are a few sites that I prefer that you can check one is outsideagents.com there are with cruises and tours and it's free to sign up no monthly stuff to pay, joystar is good too, and I just
signed up with Travo Access and that's supposed to be good too. I have joystar as well my website is angelaktravel.joystar.com, don't forget
Sapphire Cruises there awesome and they train you as well.

Hey Arlenie,
What happened to that person that was name bashing us? Wow I am glad I am not a grandma I'm too young and b-day is coming in April 12 I will be 37
and I have a 3 year old..OK long day ahead of me today I got things to do
have a great day.

Arlenie in Connecticut

78 months ago

That is a lady that just hates all MLMs, she is very upset because she feels MLMs are taking away business. I dont see why people feel that because we all work in a 7 Trillion dollar Industry there is more then enough money to go around.

Good luck with all the success your having and thanks for posting for those who are really serious about Travel they can go to those sites and read that info.

You should also try doing some Web2.0 training it will help your business and get your company even more exposure. I dont think it really matter what Host you use what matters is the client base you want to reach and the work you can offer them.

I just sold a guy a flight ticket, it cost him 300.00 to get from NC to NYC one way, but he went to a Mall and bought the ticket. On his flight home that same ticket same plane cost him from me only 95.00 one way. People are learning to be more savy and they are realizing that they can save money booking from a Home Based Worker so your in the right place Angela.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

LoL yelling at the wrong people are you? And I was not upset at all that "your taking my clients". Couldn't do that if you tried actually. I dont begrude you wanting to work from home, or be a travel agent..Good for you. I just don't think that YTB is the way to go. Not exactly loved in this industry.

For the CTC in NJ, I would suggest checking on the asta.org site. I do know that CWT has home based workers if you are looking to work from home and earn a decent salary. Not sure if your corporate or leisure but it would depend on your forte. I know of several offices that do it, so if you need something let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angela 12 in Palos Hills, Illinois

78 months ago

I think I am ready to send out my emails out to my clients. To anyone who wants to be a cruise agent and to sign up. Sapphire Cruises is the way I am better at staying with that one and either Travo Access or Joystar which I am really familiar with it. I just finished my classes so now I must do my ACC and MCC to get my license. Hope everyone has great day today and enjoy the rest day I will be on cruising.org to get my things done...

Bridgette in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Hi Angela,

I'm curious. Why did you leave Traverus?

Bridgete in Philadelphia, PA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mr Zia in Singapore, Singapore

75 months ago

Ok i need visas to europe for my client
if u can then pleas

ziabc@live.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

angela12 in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

Bridgette in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Hi Angela,

I'm curious. Why did you leave Traverus?

Bridgete in Philadelphia, PA

Hi Bridgette,

The reason why I left, I did not want to pay that 49.95 a month that's money going to diapers and food. I also Joined Sapphire Cruises and they emailed all of us TA and said that due to financial that there closing down, so I was OK. No I'm not coming back to Traverus to expensive, right now I am looking elsewhere..
Angela

Inspector in Missouri

75 months ago

angela12 in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi Bridgette,

The reason why I left, I did not want to pay that 49.95 a month that's money going to diapers and food. I also Joined Sapphire Cruises and they emailed all of us TA and said that due to financial that there closing down, so I was OK. No I'm not coming back to Traverus to expensive, right now I am looking elsewhere..
Angela

Have yiou thought about working in a regular travel agency ?

Dave in Pompano Beach, Florida

75 months ago

Sorry to hear you pay so much a month! A flexibel fee schedule is the way to go!

www.travellinesexpress.com/agent.htm

Regards,
David
eboosk4life.blogspot.com

angela12 in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

I looked around for Travel Agencies around the Chicago area and noone is hiring, just right now I joined Travelinexpress, I saw the plan on monthly and I think I saw what I liked I picked up plan A. So anyways I also was thinking to open up my own travel agency, I did take courses in Sabre Reservations, College of Disney which I have my ears now and certificate, cruises, airlines, I guess working from home is the way to be. David, I am going to try your company for 30 days I did read the BBB and thats an awesome grade...
Thanks
Angela

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KNOW1UNO in Anytown, Texas

72 months ago

If anyone is looking to join a new MLM travel company, please contact me at boeing99@hotmail.com

I have started to work with a new company that offers a great opportunity to get into the travel industry, as well as offering other services that you currently use, eacy day.

Get in on the ground floor of this fantastic opportunity.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

robert in Accra, Ghana

69 months ago

i need a home based travel agent for international trip quote

angela in Chicago, Illinois

69 months ago

Hi Robert my name is Angela and I'm from the Chicago area and I can help you out with and International trip quote. I work for Here to Serve Travel and I am a homebased travel agent. You can contact me at aokonski@heretoservetravel.com and I can help in your needs.

Thank You
Angela Okonski

Paul

69 months ago

See Post above. Besides Illinois and New York, Ambit Energy started, and is based in Dallas Texas. You should take alook.

tvgirl in Wantagh, New York

69 months ago

Hi, I have a BA in social science and want to become a travel agent. I have travelled a lot before, and know more than one language. I want to work for a travel agency. What are th requirements to becoem a travel agent, and How do I got about doing it? and, can u work in the evenings at a travel agency as a travel agent?

Bridgette in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

Hi TVgirl,

If you are serious about becoming a travel agent please check out this website www.largestindustry.com

Let me know what you think. Enjoy your day

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul

69 months ago

Is travel the only source of income your interested in, or would you consider other sources of "Home Based" income?

djamal eddine torch in Alger, Algeria

69 months ago

i need job in any compagne in england and give me a help to taking a visa tshingele

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.