How To Become A Home Based Travel Agent

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (15)

James Setterlund in Framingham, Massachusetts

78 months ago

Hi There, I just read your post and I am certianly looking for the same thing you found. However, there are so many opportunties out there I am not sure on which one would work best for me. Could you by any chance, e-mail at jsetts003@yahoo.com and provide me with any information that you believe would benifit me.

Thanks and congrats

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

penny in Syracuse, New York

77 months ago

ChrisandJeff in Quess?, New Jersey said: My husband and I have been married seven years. Early on we vowed to work hard, life live life happily, honestly and thankfully with two major goals in mind: to raise a family and to have financial independence. After all, my husband has a great career with Citibank and I am a PsychoTherapist. So far, we have worked hard and it shows. We have purchased two homes, own three cars, and have given birth to our adorable G/B twins. We are ever so blessed. But, we can't seem to keep from wondering, how it is that the middle-class works their butt off only to make the rich, richer?
One night, two and a half years ago we had been listening to Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki. It was clear that these two rich powerhouses of finance were gloating over there millions and how they could turn a rock into gold over night. We sat talking about their smug arrogance and how it was just unfair. We bagman listening and our months went silent for minutes on end. The light bulb came on and suddenly, we realized that what they were saying was true. The most memorable thing they said was that Networking Marketing was the wave of the future. They backed companies like Mary Kay who had a Network Marketing feel to them because of the numerous streams of income they generated. So, two years ago, we decided to find a home based business that we would enjoy and that would give us the financial Independence we desired.
Today we are two plus years into our own Home Based Travel Business, credentialed, making money from selling trips and in sponsoring new businesses.

We love what we do!

This is for anyone out there that wants a life of freedom and fun.

Comments, questions, feedback welcomed.

I just read your post and I too have been looking to start a home based business but am intimidated by all of the hoaxes to get started. Thanx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Craig in Somerset, New Jersey

77 months ago

I am looking to get into the home based travel agency business, but there are so many options and differing viewpoints that I don't where to start. It seems you have achieved much success while enjoying the operation of your business, which is the most important aspect. Could you email me with information about the industry and how I could possibly get started? Thanks in advance for all your help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

azzlexde in Orangeburg, South Carolina

76 months ago

ChrisandJeff in Quess?, New Jersey said: My husband and I have been married seven years. Early on we vowed to work hard, life live life happily, honestly and thankfully with two major goals in mind: to raise a family and to have financial independence. After all, my husband has a great career with Citibank and I am a PsychoTherapist. So far, we have worked hard and it shows. We have purchased two homes, own three cars, and have given birth to our adorable G/B twins. We are ever so blessed. But, we can't seem to keep from wondering, how it is that the middle-class works their butt off only to make the rich, richer?
One night, two and a half years ago we had been listening to Donald Trump and Robert Kiyosaki. It was clear that these two rich powerhouses of finance were gloating over there millions and how they could turn a rock into gold over night. We sat talking about their smug arrogance and how it was just unfair. We bagman listening and our months went silent for minutes on end. The light bulb came on and suddenly, we realized that what they were saying was true. The most memorable thing they said was that Networking Marketing was the wave of the future. They backed companies like Mary Kay who had a Network Marketing feel to them because of the numerous streams of income they generated. So, two years ago, we decided to find a home based business that we would enjoy and that would give us the financial Independence we desired.
Today we are two plus years into our own Home Based Travel Business, credentialed, making money from selling trips and in sponsoring new businesses.

We love what we do!

Hi Im also looking to start up a a business in the travel industry but don't know where to begin.Any info would be great.You can email me at inezsnell@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

colleen in Haltom City, Texas

73 months ago

We love what we do!

Hi Chris, I have been wanting to be a home based travel agent/consultant for some time now. I am just wondering if you had to go to school to get certified. Or the company you may have been involved with offered you training?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

linda ferrigno in Wayne, New Jersey

72 months ago

We love what we do!

Hi I'm too interesting in starting my own home based travel business and can't seem to find any information about how to get started. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Linda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

toyia in Washington, District of Columbia

71 months ago

We love what we do!

How did you go about doing this and what certifications did you need

nzgrlinoz1982 in Gold Coast, Australia

61 months ago

Hi everyone,

Im 25, a wife a mother of 3 children, first became a mum at 16 yrs old and had 3 before I was 21, I never really got the chance to pursue my dream of being a part of the Travel Industry particularly becoming a Travel Consultant.
Now with my youngest son about to head off to school, and with most of the hard work done, I am excited to be able to start pursuing my dream of becoming an International Travel Consultant. I started to scower the net today and stumbled upon this forum , with some of the posts Ive read theyve inspired me to get cracking and yes it was achievable if you put your mind and efforts towards it. Theyve been great to read, and thats the reason for this post, i realised that most posters were from other overseas countrys also wanting to learn more about this 'Traverustravel' company that offers, the wonderful opportunity that it does.

So I just wanted to know if being in Australia restricts me from becoming a part of this Traverustravel company?

If someone could answer for me please would be greatly appreciated,.

Thank you

takemma in LAURENS, South Carolina

57 months ago

Can you email me with more info on how to get started as well.

Australian RJ in Vancouver, British Columbia

55 months ago

ChrisandJeff Wow that was truely inspiring! I just read your post and I am certianly looking for the same thing you found maybe not right now but definately in the future. I was born and raised in Melbourne, Australia now living in Vancouver, Canada without family or best friends here and it just seems like everyone is obsessed with getting rich on other's hard work! I recently left my job and am now pursuing a career for the first time in my life and rather than chase the money im following my passion in the tourism industry! Right now im sitting here in a downtown Vancouver based Job Agency trying to find a career as an International Travel Consultant however im trying to form a Career Action Plan which will eventually see my girlfriend and myself down a similiar path to yourselves! Could you by any chance, e-mail at listen2oasismusic@hotmail.com and provide me with any information that you believe would benifit me.

Thanks and congrats

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Travelplus in Atlanta, Georgia

8 months ago

penny in Syracuse, New York said: I just read your post and I too have been looking to start a home based business but am intimidated by all of the hoaxes to get started. Thanx.

Hi,

If you're still looking for an opportunity as a travel agent please email me at dalona.morgan@yahoo.com. Thanks

Travelplus in Atlanta, Georgia

8 months ago

Craig in Somerset, New Jersey said: I am looking to get into the home based travel agency business , but there are so many options and differing viewpoints that I don't where to start. It seems you have achieved much success while enjoying the operation of your business, which is the most important aspect. Could you email me with information about the industry and how I could possibly get started? Thanks in advance for all your help.

Hi,

If you're still looking for an opportunity as a travel agent please email me at dalona.morgan@yahoo.com. Thanks

Paul in Holbrook, New York

7 months ago

Learn how to become a travel agent and open your own online travel agency. It's Easy, Fun and Free. Earn top commissions working from home FT or PT. Plus you will learn how to travel around the world for free or at travel agent rates. You also get a free consumer website with booking engines for Air, Cars, Hotels and Vacation packages. Check out www.HomeBasedTravelAgents.ORG

I must admit I am tooting my own horn here. You see I am the President of AARC Host Agency and I have shown thousands of people how to become a travel agent and open their own online travel agency.

heidibehnke in Houston, Texas

3 months ago

penny in Syracuse, New York said: I just read your post and I too have been looking to start a home based business but am intimidated by all of the hoaxes to get started. Thanx.

I am a licensed attorney- licensed in two states but have always wanted to be in the travel business. I have been to 45 countries and all 50 states. Are you looking to branch out?

Bob Franco in Florida

26 days ago

If you want to work from home as a travel agent go to www.homebasedtravelagent.com
They will not only teach you how to become a travel agent, they will also show you how to open your own on-line travel agency.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.