Looking for advice from knowledgeable truckers about a failed pre-employment test 7 years ago

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

sliverbreed in San Antonio, Texas

55 months ago

Hello Everyone. I have a question I have been wondering for awhile. In 2002 I obtained my CDL with a company that trains drivers and offers employment once completed. Without naming names I'll just say this company was a small owner operator fleet (about 100 trucks) for Swift. It was always a dream of mine to become a trucker and was so proud and stoked when it finally happened. I worked for them for about 8 months and took 2 months off. During that time I smoked a little weed and thought it was out of my system before going back to work. Needless to say I failed the "pre-employment" drug test. I needed to retake a pre-employment test because I took more than 30 days off. Company policy was THEY could never rehire me, so i was let go. Obviously I learned a real good lesson that year and was crushed beyond all belief. Well, I have since downgraded my license to a regular DL back in 2005 (out of state and couldn't renew my med. cert. due to family death). I am willing to start from scratch and pay for school and what-not just to go back OTR ( I loved it). My DAC however doesn't mention anything about drugs. Only thing that I wondered when looking at it, where it says "Available for re-hire?" all it says is "contact company". I guess my question is more advice than anything. What do you all suggest I should do to get back in the field of OTR in particular? It'll be 7 years in April. I have since obviously gone on with my life working in a completely different field but I want to go back in. *Haters: No I dont smoke weed or do drugs. I really look forward to any responses. Contact me at sliverbreed@live.com if you have any advice for me. Also what does that mean about when it says contact company when refering to available for re-hire? Thanks in advance everyone. sliverbreed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pbtrucking in Rock Hill, South Carolina

54 months ago

If you have your own truck and want to work as an owner operator please email me at pbtransportllc@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.