Truck driver

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 58)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Tommell in Chisago, Minnesota

84 months ago

Having trouble finding a job,not enought experiance.How am i supposed to get experiance if nobody will give me a job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (34) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

EAGLE SISTRUTING in SHREVEPORT, Louisiana

84 months ago

Todd Wisenbaugh in Bad Axe, Michigan said: I been driveing in and out of a gravel pit for 2 years. I lost my job last week only to find out that all that driveing dos not count.Ive had my CDL class a from 10/05. I have went out of state a few times nun that i can put on paper.I was told to get a job any job for CDL driveing and i could find a job anywere.Not true so far.Can any one help? toddwisenbaugh@yahoo.com

eAGLE DISTRIBUTING HAS A HIGH TURNOVER RATE BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO WORK THERE BUT THE PAY IS DECENT 2900 A MONTH IN SHREVEPORT. EAGLE DISTRIBUTING IS BUDWISER CHECK YOUR LOCAL AREA AND SEE IF THEY ARE HIRING IN YOUR AREA. I KNOW THEY NEED TRUCK DRIVERS AND WITH THEIR CDL MY FIANCE WORKS THERE NOW AND HE IS SALARIED WORKING MUCH MORE THAN 40 HOURS BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDERSTAFFED. HE HAS BEEN AT WORK SINCE 5 AM ITS 3 P.M. AND HE HAD NO LUNCH.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Pasadena, California

84 months ago

Hey There my name is Mike and I saw your add on Indeed.com. We are a new trucking company and we are looking to hire drivers. We are willing to hire Drivers with some experience like yours. We do pay per mile driven and we are providing the driver with a truck. If you are interested please feel free to give me a call or email me.

Once again my name is Mike
Phone: # 818-438-2122
Email: silverlanetrucking@gmail.com

We do require that your driving record is clean.
We do require a class A license.
We do require a valid Medical Card.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Fabian in Atlanta, Georgia

84 months ago

Hey i am the owner of a new company located in atlanta, ga. I am looking for driver who is willing to do Atlanta to Cali and CAli to Atlanta every week. just send me email if you are serious. after we will talk about the rest.

email at bn2lose@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

bruce in Florham Park, New Jersey

82 months ago

i im locking for a dump truck driving job in north nj

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

HIGHTECHREDNECK in Charles Town, West Virginia

82 months ago

STAY AWAY FROM SCHNEIDER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

chris in Nerstrand, Minnesota

76 months ago

I am looking for a dump truck driving job in Winona MN.I have minimal experiance but am willing to learn whatever it takes.I have my class B license with air brake and tanker endorsements.(507)523-2600.thanks to all...

chris in Nerstrand, Minnesota

76 months ago

why does it come up that im in Nerstrand minnesota im in Winona

Dennis in Hershey, Pennsylvania

70 months ago

I have a clean MVR and no major accidents, in 2006 I was working for Knight Transportation and the directions they gave me got me stuck in a residential neighborhood so I had to U-turn to get out of there. I made it out without any problems except one and that was the fact that I scraped the curb on my way out and it bent up the lower right section of the fender. Well Knight terminated me for this and now I am having trouble getting a trucking job. Anyone who has any help or suggestions reply in here or email me at dfjunior02@yahoo.com I live in PA but am flexible on locations as long as its a job

JJM Trucking LLC in Baltimore, Maryland

69 months ago

Dennis in Hershey, Pennsylvania said: I have a clean MVR and no major accidents, in 2006 I was working for Knight Transportation and the directions they gave me got me stuck in a residential neighborhood so I had to U-turn to get out of there. I made it out without any problems except one and that was the fact that I scraped the curb on my way out and it bent up the lower right section of the fender. Well Knight terminated me for this and now I am having trouble getting a trucking job. Anyone who has any help or suggestions reply in here or email me at dfjunior02@yahoo.com I live in PA but am flexible on locations as long as its a job[/QUOTE
We are a new trucking company in Hagerstown,MD. And we are looking for drivers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dennis in Gordon, Georgia

69 months ago

Excellent I know my location is wrong but its because I am not home at the moment, how do I contact your company

Tim in Jacksonville, Florida

69 months ago

I got my cdl A in 2004, never took a job diving tractor trailors, but decided to drive a class b truck, is there a company out there that will pay for a refresher course or conduct one themselves?....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jimmie evans in Milledgeville, Georgia

69 months ago

im interested in driving from cal. to atl weekly

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

bill howell in Bloomington, Indiana

69 months ago

i worked for a local trucking co. and am having a hard time finding a job because of a wreck that according to the police report i was at fault! a car ignored my spotter holding up traffic and hit my drive tandems while backing in and he said he thought he could squeeze by! i guess jobs arent so plentiful after all! but something will turn up im sure! just be patient

MAL in Wilmington, Delaware

69 months ago

JJM Trucking LLC in Baltimore, Maryland said:

I just got my class A and am looking for a job. Are you hiring and will you hire new drivers? I have been working as a box truck driver for three years and have a clean MVR. How do I contact your company?

tmeador in Dublin, Georgia

65 months ago

Fabian in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey i am the owner of a new company located in atlanta, ga. I am looking for driver who is willing to do Atlanta to Cali and CAli to Atlanta every week. just send me email if you are serious. after we will talk about the rest.

I'm interested.I have 2.5 years otr experience. I'm in Macon,Ga. looking for driving job.was terminated due to jacknife accident, but no other vehicles were involved. was not charged with the accident,no injuries,no fatalities. just looking to get back on the road... email me at wtmeador0308@hotmail.com

juicy in Sycamore, Georgia

65 months ago

hey im a driver with 8 years experience.i live in the macon georgia area.i am in serious need of a trucking job.i have a bad reference from a company 7 months ago.they are trying to destroy me. i have 2 non serious moving violations on my mvr.i will have only 1 ticket starting april 2009.i need to work.$400.00 payed to anyone who can secure me with a driving job. most companies tell me i need at least a 6 months with another company. need to get back on the road today to feed my family and pay my mortgage.

Eric G. in Greensboro, North Carolina

65 months ago

Freight is THE MAJOR PROBLEM as well as all employers now having the ability unlike ever before of being able to choose who they even want to bother with.
They are basically seeking the best of the best of the best and anyone with minor traffic problems regardless of age are being ignored.
NEW Qualifications/Requirements are being introduced to eliminate people like me with overall safe driving records as well as no service failures.
AGE is playing a large part despite the laws against Age discrimination--companies simply find another (or other) reason(s) to disqualify.

Truck driving is quickly becoming an avocation only for the best in health and driving characteristics with little or no driving experience while ignoring the safe and experienced drivers.

tmeador in Macon, Georgia

65 months ago

Eric G, you're right about the age discrimination and safety issues. It's a double standard. They want experience and safety, but these companies keep hiring drivers who have little or no idea what they're doing. Straight out of school, with just a couple of weeks on the road with a trainer? I went to school, trained, but I learned a lot just by talking to other drivers, and getting all the info I could. I don't know it all, never will. I know drivers who have rolled over, hit bridges, jacknifed, you name it. And they are still driving. I jacknifed, no injuries, nobody else involved, a couple of minor incidents. I'm just looking for another chance. Overall, I've got a good safety rating.

kevin mayo in Indianapolis, Indiana

64 months ago

Looking for driving job out of indy, drove for refigerated truck company but mistake on was made on load temp. Lost job and have been out for a year. Also have cargo van
with dot/mcc numbers and insurance. Was working Expediting company but business is too slow. I am not showing any points on my Indiana license but I do have 2 moving violations. I am also willing to drive a straight truck.In need of job or advice to get one. I must admit my DAC report is not great but I have learned through experience driving n48 states and 400,000 miles. Looking for a stable job. contact me

GARY BALLARD in Miamisburg, Ohio

63 months ago

IHAVE WENT TO SCHOOL FOR NAPIER TRUCK COMP I GOT MY CDL AND ALL THE OTHER . I NEED A JOB . I WILL WORK HARD NEVER MISS WORK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Left Lane in Houston, Texas

63 months ago

Went to C1 Truck Driver Training in Ft. Worth, Tx last November. Was laid off last month(4/13/09) from driving for company locally just right under 6 months. During the time of being laid off, took tests for hazmat/tanker. waiting to put them on license once company accepts me and is needing those endorsements. I've tried practically every company you can think of in looking for work. There is one company that is working on my application that accepts student grads/misdemeanors(if applicable) under 12 months(Decker Transport). If anybody can think of any other companies besides CR England, CRST, Schneider, USA Trucking, SWIFT and all of those other major companies out there that are looking for inexperienced truck drivers, please fill me in!

joel in Waterloo, Ontario

63 months ago

1st of all , I'm in WI. Try giving Road Ready a call. I drove for them for 15 years and pay is good and equipment is the best you'll find. Good Luck !

GARY BALLARD in Miamisburg, Ohio

63 months ago

I AM STILL LOOK FOR A JOB I AM A GOOD WORKER

Matt in Slidell, Louisiana

62 months ago

Here is a list of companies that hire inexperienced drivers:
truck-jobs.blogspot.com/2009/05/trucking-companies-that-hire-students.html

good luck.

ducky watung in Whitestone, New York

61 months ago

iam driving for swift 2 yrs 2 mo just got terminated 06/29/09 according to their file my log violation has reached their safety standard. i dont have any single Moving violation no speeding no drugs/alcohol. hope any company will consider my as their truck driver. my email duckywatung@gmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

adaminchaurregui@sbcglobal.net in Fresno, California

61 months ago

Tommell in Chisago, Minnesota said: Having trouble finding a job,not enought experiance.How am i supposed to get experiance if nobody will give me a job?

same problem here, but i heard there's jobs for inexperienced drivers in the mid west........only catch is you have to live there. or have residence there.if you find anything out i would sure like to find experience too.

ROBERT PHILLIPS JR in seattle, Washington

61 months ago

Please contact me if I can help in seattle. I know it is BS out there, but you are not alone. We are in this together.
I will any way I can.

yourtimeisup in gill, Massachusetts

61 months ago

I worked for an outfit for 17yrs they,closed depot down.I took my severance pay ,spent all that money to go to a class A driving school just to hear you don't have the exp.I'v been driving stright truck for 30 yrs. how much more exp. do you need theres not much difference except its longer and bends

yourtimeisup in gill, Massachusetts

61 months ago

tmeador in Macon, Georgia said: Eric G, you're right about the age discrimination and safety issues. It's a double standard. They want experience and safety, but these companies keep hiring drivers who have little or no idea what they're doing. Straight out of school, with just a couple of weeks on the road with a trainer? I went to school, trained, but I learned a lot just by talking to other drivers, and getting all the info I could. I don't know it all, never will. I know drivers who have rolled over, hit bridges, jacknifed, you name it. And they are still driving. I jacknifed, no injuries, nobody else involved, a couple of minor incidents. I'm just looking for another chance. Overall, I've got a good safety rating.

I'v been driving stright truck for 25=yrs in all kinds of weather slipping and sliding with the rest of them. have had 13yrs. safedriving awards with last outfit never missed work. that many yrs exp. should count for something! No they hire somebody right out of school never been in a truck and don't know how to handle it in bad weather or anything else.

BD1213 in Panama City, Florida

61 months ago

yourtimeisup in gill, Massachusetts said: I worked for an outfit for 17yrs they,closed depot down.I took my severance pay ,spent all that money to go to a class A driving school just to hear you don't have the exp.I'v been driving stright truck for 30 yrs. how much more exp. do you need theres not much difference except its longer and bends

Yeah, you would be the one I've had to wait on many times to back into a dock with enough room to back 4 trucks in. The same one that tears off mirrors in Flying J.

Marc in Saint Paul, Minnesota

61 months ago

I had been working for a sanitation company for 9 years I have my class B and up to date medicl card, I also hae airbreaks. I hav been to safety training and also have a clean record. I live about 30 miles north of Minneapolis Mn ut willing to travel. If any body nows of any body looking feel free to et me now I have been ot ofwork for almost 8 months.

marcball54@yahoo.com

Marc in Saint Paul, Minnesota

61 months ago

I have my class B and air brakes I also have an up to date medical card. I have been driving truck for 9 years and was laidoff. I live about 30 miles fro Minneapolis Mn but willing to travel. If anybody nows of any jobs please help I have been unemployed for 8months now.
marcball54@yahoo.com

kit in Norcross, Georgia

57 months ago

crst and prime trucking which one is better ?
according pay rate ,equipment and future job ..
which one better ?because i need to think about orientation between them

bloodhound in Phoenix, Arizona

56 months ago

i just got out of truck school 10/30/2009 lookin for a otr job i have no experience but am a hard worker and a fasted learner if there any companies out there i am willin to relocated if i have to email me at youngblood6000@yahoo.com

bloodhound in Phoenix, Arizona

56 months ago

Fabian in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey i am the owner of a new company located in atlanta, ga. I am looking for driver who is willing to do Atlanta to Cali and CAli to Atlanta every week. just send me email if you are serious. after we will talk about the rest.

i was wondering if u hire studentdriver out of truckin school that need the 6weeks training progam i have a cdl wed hazmat and t/d am will to relocated if i have to god bless

Dave in Deltona Fl. in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

EAGLE SISTRUTING in SHREVEPORT, Louisiana said: eAGLE DISTRIBUTING HAS A HIGH TURNOVER RATE BECAUSE NO ONE WANTS TO WORK THERE BUT THE PAY IS DECENT 2900 A MONTH IN SHREVEPORT. EAGLE DISTRIBUTING IS BUDWISER CHECK YOUR LOCAL AREA AND SEE IF THEY ARE HIRING IN YOUR AREA. I KNOW THEY NEED TRUCK DRIVERS AND WITH THEIR CDL MY FIANCE WORKS THERE NOW AND HE IS SALARIED WORKING MUCH MORE THAN 40 HOURS BECAUSE THEY ARE UNDERSTAFFED. HE HAS BEEN AT WORK SINCE 5 AM ITS 3 P.M. AND HE HAD NO LUNCH.

d

Dave in Deltona Fl. in Orlando, Florida

56 months ago

I have 1 year experience looking for good southeast runs.

LeftLane in Fort Worth, Texas

56 months ago

Hey bud, I was laid off in April after nearly driving almost 5 months for a company locally in Houston, Tx after finishing a truck driving school in November of last year. I went to anyplace that had a tractor/trailer regardless of whether they had a hiring cdl driver banner or not. If I saw a straight truck w/a placard holder, I would go in and asked if they were hiring or not. After 6 months of persistent door knocking, app after app, I finally landed a job w/a company that required cdl w/X endorsement. The work is out there my friend. Unfortunately, most companies that are looking for drivers, they won't advertise. Good luck in your endeavors.

Tony21fla in Reno, Nevada

56 months ago

Looking for a Job. just Got CDL A. all endorsements except passenger. Have medical card. clean driving record. no accidents and no moving violations since 2000. have a Month OTR experience with Swift. looking for another job. not enough miles.. in Nevada.. email please tony21fla@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

BD1213 in Panama City, Florida

56 months ago

I have 22 years experience, no accidents ever, in a commercial or personal vehicle.Tanker and Hazmat. 2 tickets in my entire driving career. 23 years of heavy equipment operator experience. Never failed a drug test. GOOD LUCK! THANK OBAMA!!

silvera 10 in New York, New York

54 months ago

Looking for a JOB just have my cdl class A .have medical card ,looking to get some experience. I will drive team for free to get experience .It is any one out there pleases fell free to E-mail me at . alexytata@yahoo.com

jerardo torres in Las Vegas, Nevada

51 months ago

Tony21fla in Reno, Nevada said: Looking for a Job. just Got CDL A. all endorsements except passenger. Have medical card. clean driving record. no accidents and no moving violations since 2000. have a Month OTR experience with Swift. looking for another job. not enough miles.. in Nevada.. email please tony21fla@yahoo.com

hi my name is jerardo torres i have three months of experience and i have my cdl class A and my medical card i looking for a job i have no accidentsand my record is clean please let me know if you are hiring
thank you for you time

email. jera37211@yahoo.com

LeftLane in Fort Worth, Texas

51 months ago

Hey driver, check w/Raider Express, JB Hunt, P.A.M., Stevens Transport, Werner, TransAm. Most of those companies take apprentice truck drivers. Good Luck. Be safe out there WHEN you get there.

Kevin in Sacramento, California

49 months ago

well I got my CDL A June 2009 I have no dui/dwi / felony nothin whatsoever I have one accident report NO one hurt or ticket it just about drop off this month I was class c at that time as a parts delivery driver and about ready to spend 500 bucks to go refresher course so what else do I need to do ?? every company called and tell me I been out of school too long so what gives? if you have job offer plse e mail me at kevinblack440@yahoo.com big thanks .

frank.... north jersey

46 months ago

hello,
i have a class a clean lic. no points looking to train for dump trailor. or roll off.
i've had my cdl A for 3 tears. but have only done "b" work.
thanks,
frank

Sdiliev in Tampa, Florida

46 months ago

send me a mail phone number at careers@mytranscorporation.com
or give us a call seven two seven seven seven six five nine nie one

Sdiliev in Tampa, Florida

46 months ago

juicy in Sycamore, Georgia said: hey im a driver with 8 years experience.i live in the macon georgia area.i am in serious need of a trucking job.i have a bad reference from a company 7 months ago.they are trying to destroy me. i have 2 non serious moving violations on my mvr.i will have only 1 ticket starting april 2009.i need to work.$400.00 payed to anyone who can secure me with a driving job. most companies tell me i need at least a 6 months with another company. need to get back on the road today to feed my family and pay my mortgage.

send me a mail phone number at careers@mytranscorporation.com
or give us a call seven two seven seven seven six five nine nie one

burndog1213 in Panama City, Florida

46 months ago

Truck driving is no fun anymore. The Federal Government has turned it into another crap job. I have been driving for 23 years now, and can tell you, it's just another crappy job they will make you hate. Anything the government get's it's hand in turns to crap!

Dolmain Dricketts in New York, New York

44 months ago

I have cdl A I cant get a job. I have 1 supspendion for no inc and res 2009 no point 10 years driving otr and local nyc can someone help.

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.