What are typical tutor salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

David Harrington in New Orleans, Louisiana

57 months ago

brianb44 in Tampa, Florida said: I have worked for several is these tutoring companies. American Tutoring pays more, about 10%. They also pay you quickly.

I really find that you do much better on your own, even though you have to work harder to find clients. Tutoring companies usually take 20-50% of the total fee charged to clients. On top of that, you subtract taxes, and you're not doing very well. Top tutors in big cities like New York can charge well over $100 an hour. I just moved to New Orleans, where it seems most people charge closer to $30. I charge more than that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

56 months ago

Teachers actually get paid about $25.00 an hour. As a legal assistant the most I got was $20.00. I'm tutoring right now for a major tutor company, through a school program, four hours a week at $20.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Find a Tutor in Delhi, India

52 months ago

The first and most important thing is to mention your strengths as a tutor and you should emphasize your expertise on your subject

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.