ARDMS Eligibility

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

LJK in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

Hello,

I am looking to change my career and have been looking into Diagnostic Medical Sonography. I just had a quick question, if I'm to attend a private institute that's not accredited by the CAAHEP and finish the program in 21 months, can I sit for the ARDMS exam right away if I pass the CCI exam? I was told if you start the sonography program before their deadline of September 1, 2013, I would qualify to take the CCI exam and if I pass this, I can take the ARDMS right away. Is this true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Karry in Massachusetts

19 months ago

It MAY be true, I dont know but if you look at jobs you will see a job requirements is graduation of a CAAHEP program. Its a gamble. You may never be able to get an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

joshgunner99 in gator's creek, Georgia

19 months ago

I'm CAAHEP and I still can't get an interview.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marissa in Los Angeles, California

19 months ago

LJK in Los Angeles, California said: Hello,

I am looking to change my career and have been looking into Diagnostic Medical Sonography. I just had a quick question, if I'm to attend a private institute that's not accredited by the CAAHEP and finish the program in 21 months, can I sit for the ARDMS exam right away if I pass the CCI exam? I was told if you start the sonography program before their deadline of September 1, 2013, I would qualify to take the CCI exam and if I pass this, I can take the ARDMS right away. Is this true?

Unless u go to an accredited jr college, don't do it. None of my classmates ever got jobs, I'm one if the few lucky ones that did but recently got laid off and am having a VERY difficult time finding a job so I'm taking my abdomen exam next month.

U can't take the ardms unless u have a bachelors or at least 1 full yr if paid experience as a tech. Nobody will hire u unless u have the ARDMS so u can't get the experience to take the ARDMS... The schools will never tell u that. Ur smart for researching first. I wish I had done the same

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike Taylor in Peterborough, Ontario

19 months ago

For all the techs currently looking for jobs, you may want to watch this page. There are new jobs posted weekly.

They appear to be all from actual employers and not recruiting or temp agencies.

Could be worth your while to sign up for notices.

www.ultrasoundtechnicianschoolshq.org/now-hiring.html#.UTrE8tFARVc

mary in Anaheim, California

18 months ago

Marissa in Los Angeles, California said: Unless u go to an accredited jr college , don't do it. None of my classmates ever got jobs, I'm one if the few lucky ones that did but recently got laid off and am having a VERY difficult time finding a job so I'm taking my abdomen exam next month.

U can't take the ardms unless u have a bachelors or at least 1 full yr if paid experience as a tech. Nobody will hire u unless u have the ARDMS so u can't get the experience to take the ARDMS... The schools will never tell u that. Ur smart for researching first. I wish I had done the same

I have a bachelor but I haven't attend any ultrasound program from any school. Can I still take the ARDMS exam? And I have not worked in the ultrasound field either.

Karry in Massachusetts

18 months ago

How do you expect to pass with no knowledge?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Roger in San Francisco, California

18 months ago

LJK in Los Angeles, California said: Hello,

For echo, yes. Once you pass the program, sit for CCI. 3 weeks after that, you will get a certificate saying you passed CCI. That cert along with clinical verification form and student form you send to ARDMS.. after about another 2-3 weeks you will be able to sit for ARDMS echo.

idontknow in houston, Texas

13 months ago

Roger in San Francisco, California said: For echo, yes. Once you pass the program, sit for CCI. 3 weeks after that, you will get a certificate saying you passed CCI. That cert along with clinical verification form and student form you send to ARDMS.. after about another 2-3 weeks you will be able to sit for ARDMS echo.

is this still the case if you being classes after sept.1, 2013?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.