ARRT in Sonography Studying

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

JD in Milford, Connecticut

25 months ago

I was wondering who has taken the ARRT for Sonography?? I am finding very little information about study guides or past techs that have taken it. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Debbiesmb@hotmail.com in Houston, Texas

17 months ago

Jd did u ever take the arrt sono, I am thinkn of taking it, but dont know wat to study, if u can let me know thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LoJ2 in New Jersey

17 months ago

The ARRT Exam in Sonography is a piece of cake. It covers Physics, OB/GYN, and Abdomen, plus some Quality Assurance questions. It was like, 240 Sonography related questions - about 80 ABD, 80 OB, 40 GYN, and then approx 40 other pilot questions that don't count towards or against you. Then there is about 140 Physics questions and 20 Patient Care questions. They give you about... 6.5 hours total to do the exam; I was finished in 3 hours so it wasn't bad at all. You have 4 and a half hours to do the Sonography related 240 questions and then 2 hours to do the Physics/Patient Care section. You also get a 30 min break between the two sections in case you want to have a snack or get a drink or use the restroom. Just make sure you know all your lab values and spatial anatomy. Look through the pictures in the ESP review books (Or whatever books you are using to study) and you should be fine.

quelia in Indianapolis, Indiana

8 months ago

LoJ2 in New Jersey said: The ARRT Exam in Sonography is a piece of cake. It covers Physics, OB/GYN, and Abdomen, plus some Quality Assurance questions. It was like, 240 Sonography related questions - about 80 ABD, 80 OB, 40 GYN, and then approx 40 other pilot questions that don't count towards or against you. Then there is about 140 Physics questions and 20 Patient Care questions. They give you about... 6.5 hours total to do the exam; I was finished in 3 hours so it wasn't bad at all. You have 4 and a half hours to do the Sonography related 240 questions and then 2 hours to do the Physics/Patient Care section. You also get a 30 min break between the two sections in case you want to have a snack or get a drink or use the restroom. Just make sure you know all your lab values and spatial anatomy. Look through the pictures in the ESP review books (Or whatever books you are using to study) and you should be fine.

what study material did you use for the ARRT in sonography I'm thinking of taking it because I want to get it over with and the cost is a lot cheaper than ARDMS

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.