Does Anyone Know The Cost Of Sanford Brown Diagnostic Ultrasound Tech Program?!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 455)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Batman in Woodbridge, New Jersey

80 months ago

Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm thinking of applying to the school in Iselin, NJ. I believe you need 45 college credits and then it is 18 months at Sanford.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Vocational schools are expensive. Rather accredited or unaccredited.

SBI Houston is roughly 36K for the entire program. I don't know the cost of the Iselin NJ program. I'd assume it's about the same. Unaccredited programs also run in the 30k mark pretty much everywhere. I've called so many places before moving to Houston, getting a feel and the schools that would tell me the cost, generally said 36k.

The cheapest route is to go community colleges. If you have a community college near you, without horrible wait lists thats always the best way to go in terms of the cost factor. But if your like me where the local schools that offered general DMS had 4-5 year waiting lists, time is money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

allie in League City, Texas

80 months ago

Ok, so im interested in becoming a ultasound technician when i grow up.
How much does it cost to go to a school in Houston, tx?

And about how much a year would i be expect to make when i start?

Thanks a bunch!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ant410 in Westchester County, New York

80 months ago

But do yourself a favor, if you go to the SBI in your area, make sure thats the first thing you ask them and GET AN ANSWER! They are going to hound you and tell you all about how great the program is and the pay you will be making, and I'm pretty sure they will tell you "there is only 1 seat left" and "another program wont begin until X-month of X-year." And then after, when you feel pressured, they will tell you the cost. That is what happened to EVERY student in my class (we all found that out after we started talking about it). They will pressure you, just a forewarning. At least, at my campus in NY, they did it to every student in my class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

mich in Parlin, New Jersey

79 months ago

Batman in Woodbridge, New Jersey said: Thanks for any info you can provide. I'm thinking of applying to the school in Iselin, NJ. I believe you need 45 college credits and then it is 18 months at Sanford.

i was jsutlooking- 35K ! WOW

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Quakertown, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I am lookin into SBI as well, read the Rippoff report on it as well as like 300 people on another site said that they went and it was a scam and they still cannot find a job and they owe like 33,000 dollars in loans. Now, i never went but i looked into it because my bf said that he would be pissed if i went there because of the horror stories he had heard about that particular school. Now, anyone else out there from Philadelpia, Pa?? I need to know of a decent accredited school in the area. I am having a hard time finding one that does not require having good grades in hs. Thankyou!! please reply to aleigha0707@gmail.com if u have any info in the area! Thankyou!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Skilled Ultrasonographer in Albany, New York

78 months ago

Do not go to SBI! It is unaccredited and is not a very good program. You WILL have a hard time finding a job after attending this program. You WILL owe 30+ thousand dollars. Try going to an accredited program at a local Community College. It costs about $5,000 and you'll be better off than attending SBI. I took my boards within the 1st year of attending a local community college and am already ARDMS certified. You can't say that of ppl who attend SBI (you have to work a whole year before you can even be eligable to sit for your exam)!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

sara williams in Washington, District of Columbia

78 months ago

Skilled Ultrasonographer in Albany, New York said: Do not go to SBI! It is unaccredited and is not a very good program. You WILL have a hard time finding a job after attending this program. You WILL owe 30+ thousand dollars. Try going to an accredited program at a local Community College. It costs about $5,000 and you'll be better off than attending SBI. I took my boards within the 1st year of attending a local community college and am already ARDMS certified. You can't say that of ppl who attend SBI (you have to work a whole year before you can even be eligable to sit for your exam)!

I am about to start taking classes in SBI, when i asked them about the time to sit for the exam, they said the people who are complaining about not taking the exam right away are people who do not have a college degree which i have. Do you still think i will have a problem sitting for the exam even if i have a college degree? You opinion would be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Roswell, Georgia

78 months ago

No, with a degree you will be able to sit for the exam right away.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in Parsippany, New Jersey

78 months ago

Hi I am about to apply to SBI for the ultrasound tech program ... I have 58 college credits and I just want to get some opinion.... I want to know if SBI is the right thing to do ??? Any opinion greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

I hate to say it but I would not do that. They aren't accredited and apparently there are no jobs for people who went there. I am having the same problem!! My boyfriend told me not to go there, and I thought he was just be silly. So I talked to the people there who are nice, BUT I had a feeling like they were sales people. Apparently it will cost a great deal as well. Go to google, type in RIPPOFF REPORT SANFORD BROWN INSTITUTE. That gives u a lot of insite. Also, when u do that, look at all the other sites about SBI, most are not good. The only positive one I found was the actual Institutes web page. I am havin a hard time finding any places near me in Philadelphia. I am thinking now about just going for Phlebotomy, or Surgical Tech. Sounds easier. :) I hope I could help u out. (ps.) I am not from Spinnerstown lol I don't know why it says that.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Veronica in Parsippany, New Jersey

78 months ago

Thank you so much . Any information helps. I feel like im stuck now I dont know what to do .... I have visited SBI and spoke to advisors and they assured me that they were accredited... The price is just ridiculous , and i just dont want to spend all that money if I wont be able to get a job afterwards... :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ScanMan in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

If anyone is interested in a small school program, look at Institute of Medical Ultrasound in Atlanta. I have worked with their students who are head and shoulders above Sanford Brown, and IAMP. I feel the only students I felt wer at the same level were the students at Grady Hospital.

The student rotating with us informed me that they will be adding a vascular program to the present programs that are cardiac, and general/ob.

I was alo informed that they have begun their accreditation process.

They are strict about their admission criteria, however.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

ScanMan in Atlanta, Georgia

78 months ago

I forgot, they are an online program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Spinnerstown, Pennsylvania

78 months ago

Oh I totally agree with that Veronica I am having a horrible time with this too!! I think I may just go to CHI for phlebotomy/med. ass. Who know right? Did you look up all those bad things about SBI? There are class action law suits going on around the country. It's terrible. They keep calling me (SBI). They really want me to go there. That itself worries me. Normal schools do not really care if u go there or not. They are trying to sell their school to us bassically. If you fing any schools that are good for you let me know k? I will let u know as well. I think maybe you should go for a Community College. There is one near me that I went to before when I was going for nursing. It is only like 1000 $ a semester, which is not bad. And they are almost always accredited. They are good schools. Look into that. They may not have Sonography, but they may have Radiology, which I hear is better. So your decision though. GOOD LUCK TO US BOTH!!:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

goddess in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

I'm thinking about going to (SBI)but after reading this I don't know if I still want to go. I really want to do the whole ultrasound thing but(SBI) is like the only school I've found that offers that. can anybody help me?
Thanks, Goddess
(yes it's my real name(lol)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

cathy in Hollywood, Florida

77 months ago

I graudated from SBI last April, I still havent found a job, my student loans are about 43 grand. STAY AWAY from SBI. The school has a very bad rep and local hospitals and offices will not hire you due to this.
Check ARDMS.COM website for good schools, you can even check out you commuity college.
Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ANGEL

77 months ago

I too have graduated from Sanford Brown Institute in New York last year and since then I've have been hearing very bad things. I've had jobs tell me "We dont accept anyone from that school!" It's been 7 months since I have graduated and I have not been able to find work anywhere. What disgusts me the most is that I spent 2 years and 3 months and $30,000 and I was never informed nor any of my classmates, that your chances of getting a job are slim to nothing, because most employers want someone with experience or registry eligible. Sanford Brown tells us we are registry eligible after 12 months of on the job training, they dont inform us that 95% of employers want you to be registry eligible much sooner than 12 months and because of insurance issues, many hospitals require you to become registry eligible within 6 months!! I wouldn't recommend this school to my biggest enemy!! The community colleges that of the Ultrasound program charge much less for tuition and offer you a better education. I am not sure what I will do now, but it looks like I will have to go back to school if I want to be an Ultrasound Tech or keep applying to jobs and wait for that 1 in a million chance of getting hired somewhere. I am looking into any information anyone has on lawsuits against Sanford Brown regarding the Ultrasound program. I would like to get my money back and help others also. If anyone has any information please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

samantha in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

sara williams in Washington, District of Columbia said: I am about to start taking classes in SBI, when i asked them about the time to sit for the exam, they said the people who are complaining about not taking the exam right away are people who do not have a college degree which i have. Do you still think i will have a problem sitting for the exam even if i have a college degree? You opinion would be greatly appreciated.

you can look at CAAHEP website and click find a program, and i'll show you all the accredited schools in your area, if the school is accredited you'll be able to sit for the exam right after you get out of the class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marie

77 months ago

I believe you have to have your bachelors degree to sit for the exam, unless you graduate from an "ULTRASOUND" program that gives you an associates degree. You can go to ARDMS.com and look for prerequisits. You will find out everything you need to know there. You should also do a lot of research before choosing Sanford Brown!! You may be suprised at what you find.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AWWWW!

77 months ago

SBI is full of crap You cannot sit for your ARDMS untill you work a full year it does not matter if you have colelge credits. Find out all the info before you sign a loan for over 30,000$. And Job placement HAAAA what job placement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

carolyn in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

ANGEL said: I too have graduated from Sanford Brown Institute in New York last year and since then I've have been hearing very bad things. I've had jobs tell me "We dont accept anyone from that school!" It's been 7 months since I have graduated and I have not been able to find work anywhere. What disgusts me the most is that I spent 2 years and 3 months and $30,000 and I was never informed nor any of my classmates, that your chances of getting a job are slim to nothing, because most employers want someone with experience or registry eligible. Sanford Brown tells us we are registry eligible after 12 months of on the job training, they dont inform us that 95% of employers want you to be registry eligible much sooner than 12 months and because of insurance issues, many hospitals require you to become registry eligible within 6 months!! I wouldn't recommend this school to my biggest enemy!! The community colleges that of the Ultrasound program charge much less for tuition and offer you a better education. I am not sure what I will do now, but it looks like I will have to go back to school if I want to be an Ultrasound Tech or keep applying to jobs and wait for that 1 in a million chance of getting hired somewhere. I am looking into any information anyone has on lawsuits against Sanford Brown regarding the Ultrasound program. I would like to get my money back and help others also. If anyone has any information please let me know.

my email is care_81@hotmail.com a fellow classmate is getting a petion signef and has a lawer so when i get the info i can send it to u email me your email addy

samantha in Houston, Texas

77 months ago

AWWWW! said: SBI is full of crap You cannot sit for your ARDMS untill you work a full year it does not matter if you have colelge credits. Find out all the info before you sign a loan for over 30,000$. And Job placement HAAAA what job placement.

what sanford brown did you go to, cause i know that the one in houston is accredited through the ARDMS.

Kelli in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

carolyn in Feasterville Trevose, Pennsylvania said: my email is care_81@hotmail.com a fellow classmate is getting a petion signef and has a lawer so when i get the info i can send it to u email me your email addy

I graduated from the Sanford Brown in Jacksonville, Florida almost a year and a half ago and I still can't find a job either. That school is full of it. I am also interested in getting my money back. I also have accessive loans that I am struggling to pay back. Please let me know what you know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TJ in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Kelli in Atlanta, Georgia said: I graduated from the Sanford Brown in Jacksonville, Florida almost a year and a half ago and I still can't find a job either. That school is full of it. I am also interested in getting my money back. I also have accessive loans that I am struggling to pay back. Please let me know what you know.

Does anyone know if ultrasound is a good thing to get into in houston texas as far as finding a job and the pay and what not... if anyone can help my email is Samanthaj.1603@yahoo.com
Thanks-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

heidi

76 months ago

Ant410 in Westchester County, New York said: But do yourself a favor, if you go to the SBI in your area, make sure thats the first thing you ask them and GET AN ANSWER! They are going to hound you and tell you all about how great the program is and the pay you will be making, and I'm pretty sure they will tell you "there is only 1 seat left" and "another program wont begin until X-month of X-year." And then after, when you feel pressured, they will tell you the cost. That is what happened to EVERY student in my class (we all found that out after we started talking about it). They will pressure you, just a forewarning. At least, at my campus in NY, they did it to every student in my class.

Hello, how do you like the New York loaction? I am interested in going there, but I havent heard the greatest things! Any comments about the school?

Scott in Pompano Beach, Florida

76 months ago

Please, any good schools in the Fort Lauderdale area? Please assist.

ultrasound in Florida

76 months ago

Scott in Pompano Beach, Florida said: Please, any good schools in the Fort Lauderdale area? Please assist.

BROWARD COMMUNITY COLLEGE OR KEISER

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Anna in Middle Village, New York

76 months ago

ANGEL said: I too have graduated from Sanford Brown Institute in New York last year and since then I've have been hearing very bad things. I've had jobs tell me "We dont accept anyone from that school!" It's been 7 months since I have graduated and I have not been able to find work anywhere. What disgusts me the most is that I spent 2 years and 3 months and $30,000 and I was never informed nor any of my classmates, that your chances of getting a job are slim to nothing, because most employers want someone with experience or registry eligible. Sanford Brown tells us we are registry eligible after 12 months of on the job training, they dont inform us that 95% of employers want you to be registry eligible much sooner than 12 months and because of insurance issues, many hospitals require you to become registry eligible within 6 months!! I wouldn't recommend this school to my biggest enemy!! The community colleges that of the Ultrasound program charge much less for tuition and offer you a better education. I am not sure what I will do now, but it looks like I will have to go back to school if I want to be an Ultrasound Tech or keep applying to jobs and wait for that 1 in a million chance of getting hired somewhere. I am looking into any information anyone has on lawsuits against Sanford Brown regarding the Ultrasound program. I would like to get my money back and help others also. If anyone has any information please let me know.

Hi Angel...try SUNY Downstate in Bklyn. You need 60 college credits though, mostly in the sciences. They only charge $2200 a semester if you're planning on going full-time or $181 per credit if you planning on going part-time. It might take me longer to graduate with a 4 year college degree, but at least I know that my money and time will be spent wisely. They also placed 97% of the graduating class of 2006 in jobs within a month after graduating. Good Luck!!

76 months ago

heidi said: Hello, how do you like the New York loaction? I am interested in going there, but I havent heard the greatest things! Any comments about the school?

Go onto RIPOFF REPORTS.COM, type in SANFORD BROWN SCHOOLS, and you will see so many negative reports...just like you see on these messageboards. If you live in the NYC, try SUNY Downstate. It's a college in Brooklyn. It may take you a couple of years longer to graduate, but you will graduate from an accredited school, and you will only be paying $2200 a semester and in the end you will walk away with a B.S. degree, and only paid about $9k for the education. AND...since the school is so highly regarded the hospitals in NYC prefer to do deal with their graduates. Since there's such an over abundance of people graduating from "tech" schools that are not accredited, SUNY Downstate grads get first choice because the hospitals know about Downstate very well. No one wants to hire anyone from Sanford Brown. It pays to go to a school with an excellent reputation. Otherwise you are just throwing your money and time away.Good Luck.

AN in Marlboro, New York

76 months ago

Anna in Middle Village, New York said: Go onto RIPOFF REPORTS.COM, type in SANFORD BROWN SCHOOLS, and you will see so many negative reports...just like you see on these messageboards. If you live in the NYC, try SUNY Downstate. It's a college in Brooklyn. It may take you a couple of years longer to graduate, but you will graduate from an accredited school, and you will only be paying $2200 a semester and in the end you will walk away with a B.S. degree, and only paid about $9k for the education. AND...since the school is so highly regarded the hospitals in NYC prefer to do deal with their graduates. Since there's such an over abundance of people graduating from "tech" schools that are not accredited, SUNY Downstate grads get first choice because the hospitals know about Downstate very well. No one wants to hire anyone from Sanford Brown. It pays to go to a school with an excellent reputation. Otherwise you are just throwing your money and time away.Good Luck.

Thank you for the info. I am completely disgusted with SBI and I've just wasted 2 1/3 years of my life & 30 grand!! I have decided to take classes at the local college near me for RN. Unfortunately, none of my credits are transferable from SBI. So A&P 1,2 Pysics all of them have to be taken over again. I am looking into a lawyer!! Why should I have to pay for a half %#@ education that means nothing to any of the employers or ARDMS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

If you go to www.caahep.org that will show you what schools are accredited.

Veronica in Parsippany, New Jersey said: Thank you so much . Any information helps. I feel like im stuck now I dont know what to do .... I have visited SBI and spoke to advisors and they assured me that they were accredited... The price is just ridiculous , and i just dont want to spend all that money if I wont be able to get a job afterwards... :-(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brenda in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Scott in Houston, Texas said: Vocational schools are expensive. Rather accredited or unaccredited.

SBI Houston is roughly 36K for the entire program. I don't know the cost of the Iselin NJ program. I'd assume it's about the same. Unaccredited programs also run in the 30k mark pretty much everywhere. I've called so many places before moving to Houston, getting a feel and the schools that would tell me the cost, generally said 36k.

The cheapest route is to go community colleges. If you have a community college near you, without horrible wait lists thats always the best way to go in terms of the cost factor. But if your like me where the local schools that offered general DMS had 4-5 year waiting lists, time is money.

Scott, how are you liking SBI Houston? Do you have any insight for me. Thx

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Christy Faulkner in Honolulu, Hawaii

76 months ago

Oh, I actually did already. I am an RN now. But I just dont' feel that I should pay for something that wasn't received. Someone who takes your money and gives you nothing is called a thief. I saw there was a class action lawsuit against this "school", and I missed it. Maybe there should be another one. Thank you for your warm wishes. I was single, I had no family and i wanted a future, I just did not know that it was going to cost me more than I would gain. I am married now, but what about single parents, poor people, the people who go there are not rich, just regular folks trying to get ahead. These people are evil the PREY on people so they can get rich. They need to go to jail and their corral to be shut down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I was wondering...ever think about getting in contact with DATELINE? Maybe you could inform them about yours and the other thousands of former students of SBI? Nothing will help close down those horrible schools faster than having a nationally syndicated show telling everyone what a rip-off that school is. You will get a little revenge on those jerks, and at the same time helping all those other misinformed people getting ready to spend money they don't have for an education that in essences is worthless.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Its a fine idea, except that if you were to proceed legally, that could really really hurt the case.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Christy Faulkner in Honolulu, Hawaii said: Its a fine idea, except that if you were to proceed legally, that could really really hurt the case.

Really? How come?

76 months ago

The other side could call bias. Not a good idea, you could do it though, right? Were you tricked into going there and tossing your money into the wind?

76 months ago

I think either way everyone should contact DATELINE and this way everyone will know not to go to that school. If everyone who is on-line complaining about SBI was to write to DATELINE, they will see that school needs to be exposed. Then even if no one gets their money back in regards to a lawsuit, everyone will have the satisfaction of knowing that they got their say and maybe even the last laugh if you guys manage to get those schools to close down!! Imagine that!! That would be fantastic!! I'm pissed and I didn't go to that school. I just feel horrible for everyone who has written, just think about all of those who haven't found these messageboards...there has to be thousands out there who have been conned by SBI!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I guess you were lucky! What changed your mind? The pressure? They really lay it on thick. At least you had the sense not to fall for the lies. Yes, there are thousands and thousands still to come. Preying on people using hope. Its wrong, I am angry about it too. There has already been a class action suit involving 5,000 students.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Christy Faulkner in Honolulu, Hawaii said: I guess you were lucky! What changed your mind? The pressure? They really lay it on thick. At least you had the sense not to fall for the lies. Yes, there are thousands and thousands still to come. Preying on people using hope. Its wrong, I am angry about it too. There has already been a class action suit involving 5,000 students.

I found out about SUNY Downstate via Queensborough Community College, but after going to a open house at Downstate I found out that they only accepted 27 students a YEAR. I was considering going to SBI if I didn't get in, but in my area only Medial Assisting program was available and I wasn't looking to do that. I had no idea how expensive it was nor did I realize what a shady school it is. Now, I'm trying to let everyone in the NY area know about Downstate's program.

76 months ago

I wrote into i thin it was abc news about sbi when i was there in 2005/06 but they never conntacted me or seemed to care. unfortunately there is a handful of students that went there and liked it (the wanted to be medical assistants) and say that we are unhappy because we didnt get the most out of it or some crap like that... i had a 4.0 and was on national honor society and all and let me tell you i never once studied at all it was a cake walk and such a waste of time. i hope dateline does close them down because of a story and negative press... and it wouldnt hurt to get my 14 grand back either

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Dateline@NBCUNI.com

is datelines email

i emailed them tonight about the sanford brown in trevose pa (near philly) i think everyone definately does need to write in together we can bring them down

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

Brenda in Houston, Texas said: Scott, how are you liking SBI Houston? Do you have any insight for me. Thx

I'm about half way through the classroom based portion of the program and so far I love it. I wish I could say it's been a breeze, but I've never worked as hard in my life.

The physics portion of the program is tough, and seemed to be the area were most people in our class struggled. But it seems everyone made it through.

The scanning lab time has been awesome. No shortage of practice, and assistance. All the instructors I've had at Houston's location are really good, and open for tutorials.

I'd highly recommend this campus, but I'd warn anyone that wants to just get into something and get by probably look some where else. There are mods that the amount of work, and testing is brutal. You will have three different finals on one given week, sometimes three days in a row. So if your not self motivated, and like a casual format at a community college, this will not work for you.

It was very hard for me to adjust, but I'm getting by. I'm glad I moved here for the program, and I'd do it again for sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jess in Houston in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

I decided along with another classmate of mine to post a positive review about the Houston campus. This school has a horrible reputation and it isn't fair that this campus gets lumped in. My experience has been great so far. They are Caahep approved which means you can sit for your registry right upon graduation. The curriculum is extremely demanding. When I started I would never have expected the amount of blood, sweat and tears that would go along with it. The instructors are amazing! They make themselves available whenever you need help. One teacher lives 2 hours away and comes in on her days off to help you learn in the lab. Yesterday we were having a conversation with our instructor about the bad reputation of the school and she doesn't deny that it was bad at one time and not deserved.....but she also says that the school has come along way and they have worked really hard to overcom the bad rep. Everyone there has been honest every step of the way and so far I have absolutely no complaints aside from the cost of the program. I will keep you all posted when graduation nears. Hope this helps anyone who wants to make a decision but is worried about the reputation of the school. Good luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Try contacting either DATELINE or even 60 MINUTES...they supposedly did a story on them a couple of years ago, but I think they were under another name, and that's why they changed their name to SBI. Maybe you would have more luck with 60 MINUTES since they already had done as show in regards to exactly what all of you people have complained about. You could get all the people in your class to write to them. The more people who write to complain, the more likely they will take it seriously. Then refer them to this and other websites that show 100's of people complaining exactly what you are saying. 60 MINUTES is a nationally syndicated show as is DATELINE. Either way, you will stir up interest, and maybe you will get your story out there and you could help prevent others from getting scammed. Good LUck.

76 months ago

Hey Caroline...I think you are right. If all of you unite, each one of you guys could bring down that horrible school. Unfortunately, you may be able to close down SBI, but I'm sure the owner will just open another school with a different name. But at least you all would feel much better about your circumstances. Also, try 60 MINUTES, another Nationally Syndicated they did a story on this a couple of years ago. I'm sure they would like to have a follow up story on these people and how they continue to prey on people. Good Luck! :o)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

AN in Marlboro, New York

76 months ago

Scott,

I've heard that there are some SBI schools that are accredited through ARDMS in Texas. Is this your school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Scott in Baytown, Texas

76 months ago

AN in Marlboro, New York said: Scott,

I've heard that there are some SBI schools that are accredited through ARDMS in Texas. Is this your school?

Yes. Both the Houston campus and the Dallas campus are ARDMS accredited. The Houston one has it's preliminary certification is good until 2012. That might not sound like anything special, but to get an extended amount time like that for a new program is a something for a program to be proud of.

AN in Marlboro, New York

76 months ago

Well, you should be proud. You are one of the fortunate ones on here. I wonder why your SBI is accredited through ARDMS and not my SBI in NY? Do you have any idea what the difference is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.