FAILED MY CCI ECHO EXAM PLEASE HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 2341)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Marck in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

Pam, It seems that we took the same test.
Do you remember a 2D picture that showed 4 jets coming from the RV wall ?
I didnt know the answer to that, did you and what was it ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rosalie in New York, New York

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: Pam, It seems that we took the same test.
Do you remember a 2D picture that showed 4 jets coming from the RV wall ?
I didnt know the answer to that, did you and what was it ?[/QUO

i think remeber that picture also , was the flow above everything and they were pointing asking what it was??
I never figured that one out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Exactly. Ive never seen that in my life or the Drs with whom I work with.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: Exactly. Ive never seen that in my life or the Drs with whom I work with.

I thought it might even be an artifact ...but that was not a option

Barbara in Easton, Maryland

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: Exactly. Ive never seen that in my life or the Drs with whom I work with.

I know what you mean!!! some of that stuff. I even spoke with the president of CCI inregards to there testing, but his words to me were that we as "echo"/ sonographers needed to know that information.

The part that really frustrated me about CCI is that even if you fail a certain area as they break it down in different area. I had passed all areas but Physics so I worked very hard on the Physics section and had brought that up to passing but I failed the "Other Modalites" which I had passed that area with high marks...but the last time I took the test, they put in PET scan CT scan ..finding the aorta ect..well duh I never look at those and who dose the radiologist..when do you know of a songrapher having time to go look at a patients PET scan or CT scan.

I think CCI should let the areas alone that you passed and test you on the area that you had failed the last time. I have taken CCI non invasive echo five times and I have decided not to take it anymore. I have given them so much money to take the test and so much money spent on books, and seminars...that it isn't worth it to me anymore. I have 20plus years in Non invasive Cardiology.

Oh, PS: I had heard CCI as over 20 different type of tests they give you and the one you get is not the one you will get the next time. It is all about the money, not about the patient or the sonographer.

53 months ago

I agree with you, but i don't think you should give up... I have taken it 2 times going on three and there were some of the same questions i remembered from the previous test. My main problem is the wording that messing me up the most

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

psychobilly999 in Jersey City, New Jersey

53 months ago

You do not have to take the CCI non-invasive Echo Exam, you can opt to take the ARDMS echo exam which I understand is not as difficult as the CCI. ARDMS registry is recognized by all Insurance companies and is acceptable in almost every Echo lab. It's an option if you really can not pass the CCI. They make their exams extra difficult to weed people out so they do not have to register as menay Echo Techs...or at least that how it feels LOL! Good luck either way and don't give up!! If you love what you do, you will pass the test!

don in Gilbert, Arizona

53 months ago

Don't give up. I am a student with Terry Reynolds echo school. I have put much of my study information online (hdcstudies.dyndns.info/index.htm) and also have put a DVD together. Have a look and if I can offer help let me know

Don

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Thank you everyone for your kind comments. I have the science test done for CCI and Yes J WESLEY TODD is the book to have. Some of the questions were right out of his book. I have figured that taking the CCI would be better for me as it turns out if I wanted I could take the ARDMS one as well. But do I want it now after failing the CCI test five times, tired of studying and tired of doing well in some areas and working hard to bring them up to find that they (CCI) mess with ya, and they do...as you continue on failing the tests they do make it harder. This last time I was so frustrated because it was always my physics that brought me down..so study real hard, (Pagasus Lectures rock ). I went from a 34% to an 86% :) But with CCI they tested me in all the other things, and when they tested me with "Other modalites" which was in the 90% range on all times, they gave me things like PETscan CT scan finding the anatomy ie Aortic valve ect.. I had no clue. I have been in cardiology (noninvasive) for since 1982. I love what I do and do it well, but at the young age of 50 I feel like I am loosing out to all the rules and regulations that are now being imposed.I would love to sit on the ARDMS or CCI boards and bring the academic people back down to reality as they have gone beyond that. It is not the academics that make a great tech, it is not the initials behind the name, but the way society is now that is the way it is. My frustration is that I have Adult Attention Deficit (AADD) disorder, and I am dyslasic. In my day we were just the dumb and slow kids, glad to see that has changed. I started taking Adderal here about 8 months ago, when I finally went and got checked. Of course multiple choice questions are an AADD person worse nightmare. Now do you think I could take the test differently..NO!! all I could be given was longer time. For an AADD person given more time is not what we need.I am not making an excuse, I just want to be treated fairly testing

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

don in Gilbert, Arizona said: Don't give up. I am a student with Terry Reynolds echo school. I have put much of my study information online ( hdcstudies.dyndns.info/index.htm ) and also have put a DVD together. Have a look and if I can offer help let me know

Don

Gilbert,

I looked at your website, very nice. I will review it a little bit later today. I really enjoyed Terry Reynolds echo seminar, if that was what I had to learn what he taught there won't be a problem. He is very proud of his students, he talked very highly of his students.

The one thing I would tell him and David Adams with EPI is that yes, what they teach and talk about is good, but there needs to be work on other modalites, so people are not slammed with that stuff, excpecially those of us who have been out of school a long time, we never study that stuff, I am assuming they teach that in school now.

Thank you
Barbara

53 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: Gilbert,

I looked at your website, very nice. I will review it a little bit later today. I really enjoyed Terry Reynolds echo seminar, if that was what I had to learn what he taught there won't be a problem. He is very proud of his students, he talked very highly of his students.

The one thing I would tell him and David Adams with EPI is that yes, what they teach and talk about is good, but there needs to be work on other modalites, so people are not slammed with that stuff, excpecially those of us who have been out of school a long time, we never study that stuff, I am assuming they teach that in school now.

Thank you
Barbara

I meant Don ...Gilbert just jumped out at me.

Thank you
Barbara

53 months ago

psychobilly999 in Jersey City, New Jersey said: You do not have to take the CCI non-invasive Echo Exam, you can opt to take the ARDMS echo exam which I understand is not as difficult as the CCI. ARDMS registry is recognized by all Insurance companies and is acceptable in almost every Echo lab. It's an option if you really can not pass the CCI. They make their exams extra difficult to weed people out so they do not have to register as menay Echo Techs...or at least that how it feels LOL! Good luck either way and don't give up!! If you love what you do, you will pass the test!

I have thought about that going to ARDMS, but I am not sure anymore.
Thank you
Barbara

Harish

53 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: I have thought about that going to ARDMS, but I am not sure anymore.
Thank you
Barbara[/QUOTE
Is there one book that is a 'must read' for CCI Echo exam that a beginner just out of school must buy?!
And where to get it cheap?!

Don in Gilbert, Arizona

53 months ago

Hello Barbra,
Yes I can relate as I am 57 and trying to put this together. I am reviewing my weekly tests and will post them online soon. We need to pull together and create a strong network. Best to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jean Marie

53 months ago

Which State hires Echo cardiographers with only good skills but have not passed either CCI or ARDMS ?

53 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: I have thought about that going to ARDMS, but I am not sure anymore.
Thank you
Barbara

Hey Barbara,

Even though I did fail 2 times going on my third, i would like to recommend www.acp-online.org there cardio vascular review book is great and the xzone for echo with ESP is also very helpful. TODD was the book i studies for the science and i passed the first time, but as you have said the echo part is ridiculous and its like they want us to fail... I am just hoping i get lucky this time.

53 months ago

Jean Marie said: Which State hires Echo cardiographers with only good skills but have not passed either CCI or ARDMS ?

I would suggest to get registered cause eventually you will need it in every state.
I was hired in a hospital in NY but they told me i have one year to pass or get fired...

Jean Marie

53 months ago

Don in Gilbert, Arizona said: Hello Barbra,
Yes I can relate as I am 57 and trying to put this together. I am reviewing my weekly tests and will post them online soon. We need to pull together and create a strong network. Best to you.

Appreciate your views. Waiting to hear your info on question of skilled Echocardiographers need of job without CCI or ARDMS ? Any Possibilities?

53 months ago

Jean Marie said: Appreciate your views. Waiting to hear your info on question of skilled Echocardiographers need of job without CCI or ARDMS ? Any Possibilities?

also if you are right out of school you can get hired with out being registered. What state are you from?

Jean Marie

53 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: I would suggest to get registered cause eventually you will need it in every state.
I was hired in a hospital in NY but they told me i have one year to pass or get fired...

Thanks Rosalie.
But you got a job atleast so your skills are not in dis-use.
Looking for such jobs or openings for preventing dis-use.

Jean Marie

53 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: also if you are right out of school you can get hired with out being registered. What state are you from?

Thanks Rosalie. I am from Atlanta, GA.

53 months ago

For the science part you need to get the "Todd Book".

The second part for the echo...well I would tell you to read what others have on this "site" for the Echo there is not any real book to read per say as CCI echo is very wide and vast.

Have you checked out the seminars from Eldemans and Pegasus?
Good luck

53 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: I agree with you, but i don't think you should give up... I have taken it 2 times going on three and there were some of the same questions i remembered from the previous test. My main problem is the wording that messing me up the most

Rosalie,
I felt that way when I was at 2 times taking three. Now that I have failed five times, it is so frustrating to just give it all up. But I don't want to...I just keep looking at my books and thinking should I pick them back up or not.
I really do appreciate the encouragment.

I did go to the Pegasus seminar and really liked it alot...they do give a 100% guaranteet that if you fail, you can take their seminars for free and I am set to do that, even their online seminars I can take for free.

53 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: I would suggest to get registered cause eventually you will need it in every state.

I am working PRN at a hospital and since the other sonographers have their registery, I am safe for now...for now.

53 months ago

Barbara in Easton, Maryland said: Rosalie,
I felt that way when I was at 2 times taking three. Now that I have failed five times, it is so frustrating to just give it all up. But I don't want to...I just keep looking at my books and thinking should I pick them back up or not.
I really do appreciate the encouragment.

I did go to the Pegasus seminar and really liked it alot...they do give a 100% guaranteet that if you fail, you can take their seminars for free and I am set to do that, even their online seminars I can take for free.

Barbara,

email me and i will email you back with some notes that seem to help me there more simply
rosalie.degrezia@gmail.com

53 months ago

There are a coupel of questions that were on both tests that i never figured out SATA and SPTP spatial average , temporal average & which gives the strongest signal pedoff , cw or 2d & something about Harmonics. Does anyone know anything about these things

53 months ago

Jean Marie said: Which State hires Echo cardiographers with only good skills but have not passed either CCI or ARDMS ?

You can work, under a person that has their registery. The national accrediation says that is ok. Also if you show that you are in process of taking your tests. If you are PRN they don't always require the ARDMS/CCI either, but that is very rare to find.

53 months ago

Don in Gilbert, Arizona said: Hello Barbra,

Don,
Thank you

Barbara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Renee Didier in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: I purchased the x-zone physics for 5 days. I only had about 10-12 physics questions on my exam, but of course you want all the points that you can get!

Hi Renee,

When you were ding the Xzone practice before the test where getting 20 out of 20's by the time you took the test? I am just curious, cause i am trying to figure out how prepared i am

usjoe in memphis, Tennessee

53 months ago

Thanks for all the info on the RCS exam. I also took it last week and scored a 643 and that really hurts. I think I may have had the same exam as a couple of you guys by the questions you all mentioned. Do any of you remember the question about which modality uses ionizing radiation ? (no idea) Also there was one asking what would you need to monitor for someone during a cath procedure ? I think some of the answers were 02 saturation, blood gas ??? Being an echo tech, this stuff is greek to me as performing an echo on someone would not be something a cath lab tech could do or explain. Although I most likely will not see these same questions on my next exam, I still would like to know the answers. Thanks for any help on these and good luck on your future exams !

Renee Didier in Thibodaux, Louisiana

53 months ago

Rosalie in New York, New York said: Hi Renee,

When you were ding the Xzone practice before the test where getting 20 out of 20's by the time you took the test? I am just curious, cause i am trying to figure out how prepared i am

Pretty much; I was getting 90-100% on each section. The day before my test it was mostly 100% on each section.

53 months ago

modality uses ionizing radiation that is Xray I think and I believe the heart rate is the most important during a cath. I am not positive on those answers need to ask a dr.

53 months ago

Renee Didier in Thibodaux, Louisiana said: Pretty much; I was getting 90-100% on each section. The day before my test it was mostly 100% on each section.

I am getting any where from 85 to 95 in each section and have a week left...so hopefully be at 100 ...thanks

usjoe in memphis, Tennessee

53 months ago

Thanks Rosalie. When I looked online I found that CT, Pet and nuclear all said they used ionizing radiation. That's why I wasn't sure what answer they wanted.

Pam in Salem, Oregon

53 months ago

Hi! Ouch! So close! You'll get it next time though. I think the ionizing radiation one was CT, and the monitor was O2 sats. I think they asked about during a TEE for mine. As for the screen with the jets that someone else mentioned, I think it was a mitral valve ring and the washer jets.....I wish they would let you know which specific questions you missed. Good luck next time!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Pam in Salem, Oregon said: Hi! Ouch! So close! You'll get it next time though. I think the ionizing radiation one was CT, and the monitor was O2 sats. I think they asked about during a TEE for mine. As for the screen with the jets that someone else mentioned, I think it was a mitral valve ring and the washer jets.....I wish they would let you know which specific questions you missed. Good luck next time!

Pam its 4 jets on the RV coming from the free wall not the septum

53 months ago

Guys lets concentrate on the questions from the tests.
If we all state the questions we can all help eachother. We should use this forum for that. I personally took the test 3 times and failed. I remember many questions and I know that so do you.
So lets put in our doubts or difficult questions so we can all help each other and this will help us do better next time regardless if they change the test or not. The questions will always be used, trust me.

Positive thinking + Confidence = Success

Lets do this !!!

53 months ago

psychobilly999@gmail.com in Brooklyn, New York said: Yes Todds book is for the science exam but it also is a great resource for the noninvasive echo registry as well.

great idea!!!!

53 months ago

This is what i have so far...

1. Contraindication for a TEE ?

2. 4 Jets coming from the RV free wall on Subcoastal View ?

3. MRI Picture. Answer is Decending Aorta.

4. Strongest signal. Answer CW. Becasue is Continous.

5. Ionizing Radiation is used on CT.

6. Monitor on Cath Procedure is O2 Sats.

Please add more questions and answers to this forum. This way we can all help each other. Lets not complain and make a diffrence by using this succesful strategy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Some the questions i had on both exams, that i recall if any know sthe correct ansers please help out

SATA and SPTP(spatial peak, temperol peak)..don't remember but had no idea
Common benign and malignant cardiac tumors? myxoma and sarcoma
identify DA on a MRI?
what is intra aortic balloon uses for? cardiogenic shock
laminar flow?
Pt with sever AS what would you expect from the stress echo?
pictures of Ao dissection, tri atria
ivc what is normal size 1-2.3 cm
PT with CAD what would stress echo show?
Atropine is given if dobutimine is not getting HR to target
something about harmonic?
RV infarction cause what wall abnormality? i think its inferior
Sinus of Valsalva is sen in PLAX
what is the strongest signal pedoff, cw , pw or 2d
RV volume /pressure overload causes? dilatation
some pictures of scattering , reflection

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: Guys lets concentrate on the questions from the tests.
If we all state the questions we can all help eachother. We should use this forum for that. I personally took the test 3 times and failed. I remember many questions and I know that so do you.
So lets put in our doubts or difficult questions so we can all help each other and this will help us do better next time regardless if they change the test or not. The questions will always be used, trust me.

Positive thinking + Confidence = Success

Lets do this !!!

Great IDEA!

53 months ago

Some questions that I remember parts of, maybe someone else remembers the complete question.
(1) Condtrindication for Persantine Stress test is ? It was a rhythm question. It had to do with BBB rhythm..I think.
(2) Anatomy of TEE pictures : look at basic TEE anatomy pictures.
(3) PET and CT scan anatomy pictures review that.

Good luck everyone you are inspiring me :)

Barbara

53 months ago

Wow ! Rosalie you do have a great memory.
The questions you dont know ill go over them with my tutor that way I can post the answers. But that was good. you see thats a good 15 questions of your part + 6 question of mine thats a total of 21 out of 140 in 5 minutes. Not Bad ;-)

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: Wow ! Rosalie you do have a great memory.
The questions you dont know ill go over them with my tutor that way I can post the answers. But that was good. you see thats a good 15 questions of your part + 6 question of mine thats a total of 21 out of 140 in 5 minutes. Not Bad ;-)

after both tests i came home and wrote everything i remembered down ... there were some of the same questions on both tests for sure. i will try to remember more

53 months ago

Any one remember contraindication of TEE ?
Ive had that on all my tests.
Barbara and Roslaie Im coping all the questions so i can go over them with my tutot over the weekend so i can post them on Monday questions and answers.
but the more questions we post the better.

CCI is an unfair, difficult, and complex test. We have to do this to surpass this and not let it affect us. We shall and will succeed !

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: Any one remember contraindication of TEE ?
Ive had that on all my tests.
Barbara and Roslaie Im coping all the questions so i can go over them with my tutot over the weekend so i can post them on Monday questions and answers.
but the more questions we post the better.

CCI is an unfair, difficult, and complex test. We have to do this to surpass this and not let it affect us. We shall and will succeed !

i also just text the questions to a cardiologist i know, waiting on his reply....we are all gonna pass this time....

53 months ago

You bet we are. "Failure is not an option or a choice"

psychobilly999 in New York, New York

53 months ago

Contraindacations for persantine (Thall Stress Test) are Recent MI, Heart Block, Low BP, Lung Disease. Persantine is basically a Nuclear Stress test. They inject you with a dye called Adenosene (Most common) and take pictures of your heart then they speed your HR up and look for arrythmias and ST depressions which may indicate a Blockage.

53 months ago

Marck in Hollywood, Florida said: This is what i have so far...

1. Contraindication for a TEE ?

2. 4 Jets coming from the RV free wall on Subcoastal View ?

3. MRI Picture. Answer is Decending Aorta.

4. Strongest signal. Answer CW. Becasue is Continous.

5. Ionizing Radiation is used on CT.

6. Monitor on Cath Procedure is O2 Sats.

Please add more questions and answers to this forum. This way we can all help each other. Lets not complain and make a diffrence by using this succesful strategy.

Marck,
Would not Pedof be the stronger signal then CW ? as continous to me is continous so all signals would come. I am looking this up (but company is coming) have to hurry so I called one of my coworkers who some of the doctors go to..yes they do. She told me it would be Pedof. I will look this up in book later to give a reference to if it is Pedof or CW. Very good question. I just gave her the question as it was stated which of the three had the strongest signal.

53 months ago

Got one answer....for the TEE a complete contraindication is eating or cant swallow(dysphagia)

Also regarding the Persantine test---RBBBB doesn't matter the best choice would be LBBB if those were the choices

Rv for jets above...possible rv free wall rupture(but pt would have to be dead) or posterior shadowing

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.