Fox institute

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 63)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Michael Overbye in wallingford, Connecticut

64 months ago

I am currently seeking a career in Ultrasound. I have been accepeted to fox institute and I am considering entering the program. I saw in the forum some negative feed back about the expense and quality of the program. Can anyone elaborate?. Are fox graduates qualified to get jobs after graduation. I was attracted to fox after comparing the pre requisites for Gate way Community College. Their program seemed very difficult to enroll in and required a lot of pre requisite courses.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (38) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Gretchen Di Giannantonio in Old Saybrook, Connecticut

63 months ago

Michael Overbye in wallingford, Connecticut said: I am currently seeking a career in Ultrasound. I have been accepeted to fox institute and I am considering entering the program. I saw in the forum some negative feed back about the expense and quality of the program. Can anyone elaborate?. Are fox graduates qualified to get jobs after graduation. I was attracted to fox after comparing the pre requisites for Gate way Community College. Their program seemed very difficult to enroll in and required a lot of pre requisite courses.

Hi Mike! Can't believe I found you on here. I've known a few people who entered the field of Ultrasound but they went through hospitals. I was considering going into this myself after my divorce but then got the opportunity to be Assistant Director at a Spa here in Old Saybrook, a far cry from the mortgage/real estate business! I love it though. I'd love to catch up over coffee sometime. Playing golf today if the rain holds out. Hope you are well!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Tica in Springfield, Massachusetts

58 months ago

Michael Overbye in wallingford, Connecticut said: I am currently seeking a career in Ultrasound. I have been accepeted to fox institute and I am considering entering the program. I saw in the forum some negative feed back about the expense and quality of the program. Can anyone elaborate?. Are fox graduates qualified to get jobs after graduation. I was attracted to fox after comparing the pre requisites for Gate way Community College. Their program seemed very difficult to enroll in and required a lot of pre requisite courses.

Hi Michael, have you started FOX institute yet? How is it? I would appreciate a response back because I am considering fox institute and may be starting soon. I guess I am in the curiosity seat you were in 5 months ago. Please give me some info... how is the program? what about the online courses? Is the physics really hard? Are the instructors helpful. PLEASE HELP BY ANSWERING! I would really appreciate it thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

Also, this question is not only for michael but for everyone who may know about fox institue ultrasound program. So far it sound good... Just want to make sure I am right about that instinct. I would love to hear from current students or alumnis from the programs. Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

moverbye in New Britain, Connecticut

58 months ago

I withdrew after I asked many hard questions about their lack of accreditation and the job placement after graduation. I emailed questions on 2 occasions and never received any responses. I was suprised that no one bothered to ask me why I was withdrawing. I took their lack of response as proof that they did not have the answers I wanted to hear.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

moverbye in New Britain, Connecticut said: I withdrew after I asked many hard questions about their lack of accreditation and the job placement after graduation. I emailed questions on 2 occasions and never received any responses. I was suprised that no one bothered to ask me why I was withdrawing. I took their lack of response as proof that they did not have the answers I wanted to hear.

Hi moverbye, thanks for responding. I appreciate it... I'm not too much concern about the accredidation because I know I will be able to sit for registration regardless if it is acredited or not because I already have a bachelor degree. If you go to the ardms.org website and look under the prequisites chart, you'll see for 3A prerequisite that it doesnt say anything about the school having to be accredited. There are 9 prerequisites, and you have to know which one you will fall under. I already know that I will fall under 3A because I called the ardms and they said that I would be fine. As long as you have you bachelors degree and the you get minimum of 1620 of clinical hours, you'll be able to sit for the exam. My concern is about the school's quality of education. I want to know how the campus labs are like and the courses online are like. Again thank you for responding... Are you looking to get into another program. If so which school?

If anyone else have anything to add about fox institute please respond. It will really help... I would love to hear from the students who are in the program now or fellow alumnis. I would love to hear from you Michael...Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

tica in Springfield, Massachusetts

57 months ago

moverbye in New Britain, Connecticut said: I withdrew after I asked many hard questions about their lack of accreditation and the job placement after graduation. I emailed questions on 2 occasions and never received any responses. I was suprised that no one bothered to ask me why I was withdrawing. I took their lack of response as proof that they did not have the answers I wanted to hear.

Hi moverbye in new britain conneticut, i know you said you withdrew from fox ultrasound program after lack of accreditation and the job placement after graduation... do they help you with job placement after graduation like they said? I would like to like to ask you more question but dont feel it is appropriate to be asking you these questions here. Would it be possible if I can get your email address to email you more questions about this? If not I understand... Just for now let me know how is the job placement after you graduate if you know that info. Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

moverbye in New Britain, Connecticut

57 months ago

michaeloverbye@sbcglobal.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

rachel in Southbury, Connecticut

57 months ago

I'm also considering the Fox program. I have all the same questions that have been raised by Tica in Springfield. I also have a bachelors degree in a non-healthcare related field, and am looking to totally switch careers. I have heard from many sources not to go to a non-accredited ultrasound program...not sure that this actually matters, as ultrasound techs appear to be in high demand right now. I'm more concerned about the level of instruction, instructors, and job placement. It certainly is a lot of money to invest in a program, but if you are likely to get a good job upon graduation, it would be well worth it. Please advise if you have any knowledge of the Fox program. Thank you!

57 months ago

rachel in Southbury, Connecticut said: I'm also considering the Fox program. I have all the same questions that have been raised by Tica in Springfield. I also have a bachelors degree in a non-healthcare related field, and am looking to totally switch careers. I have heard from many sources not to go to a non-accredited ultrasound program...not sure that this actually matters, as ultrasound techs appear to be in high demand right now. I'm more concerned about the level of instruction, instructors, and job placement. It certainly is a lot of money to invest in a program, but if you are likely to get a good job upon graduation, it would be well worth it. Please advise if you have any knowledge of the Fox program. Thank you!

Hi rachel, I would love to hear from you. I would like to ask you some questions about Fox institute program but not on this forum. Please email me at reggielaurence@yahoo.com. This is not my usual email address but using this for now to keep my info private. Please email me, would love to discuss this with you. Thanks!

thonia in Passaic, New Jersey

57 months ago

Does anybody know about Fox institute and the nursing program.
I really want to get into the school but im confussed. Know body seems to know anything about the school.

56 months ago

thonia in Passaic, New Jersey said: Does anybody know about Fox institute and the nursing program.
I really want to get into the school but im confussed. Know body seems to know anything about the school.

fox institute in new jersey has a nursing program??

Kacey in West Hartford, Connecticut

56 months ago

Hi there!

I am also looking into the DMS program at Fox, and might be starting soon...I am a little worried about the job placement and the fact that it's not accredited and that makes me nervous that I won't be able to find a job after graduation. A family member of mine talked to a sonographer and she pretty much told her that I shouldn't go to Fox! Now, I don't know what to do because the Gateway program is 10x harder to get into....Is there any alumni out there that can let me know their experience at Fox or any other information that might be helpful? Thanks so much!!!!

Soundman in Cranston, Rhode Island

55 months ago

You should only look into programs that are accrediated by the Joint review commettee in education for Diagnostic Medical Sonography(JRC-DMS). This assures you that all of the accrediated programs are following the same set of educational standards.

Fox institute and Sanford Brown are nothing but "fly by night", money making programs.

A large portion of a sonography education is extensive clinical training. Where will you train?? The best clinical experiences are from accademic medical centers...Oh yeah...you can't train there because they are affiliated with accrediated programs!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Afrin Kolia in Danbury, Connecticut

53 months ago

Hii, I read all of your comments. Now I am little worried too. I am going to start ultrasound program at Fox institute from July. Before that I wanted to do it at Sanford Brown Institute. But then I decided to do it at Fox. I am also confused about its accreditation. And also its fees are very high. So I am worried that I will be able to find a job or not after graduation.In some institutes you cant take ARDMS exams after completing this program so they are useless. So I dont know about Fox that its good or its like these institutes. I am also confused that i should go with the Fox institute or Sanford Brown. I cant go to Gateway Community College becoz its hard to get admission there. so i have just 2 options becoz in Connecticut even in Massachusetts there are just couple of colleges or institutes for ultrasound. So please help me by your suggestions. What should i do? Should I join this program in Fox or not?????

Andrea in Middletown, Connecticut

53 months ago

Hi, Im looking into fox institute for the dms program too, i have a ton of questions how long the program is and things like that... has anyone done the program i'd love to chat maybe you could help me out! Also is it really expensive? is it worth the money? PLEASE HELLPPP!!!
thanks!

Lisa in Manchester, New Hampshire

53 months ago

Does anyone have any positive feedback about this school? It seems like an ok way to go but leaves me a little worried! I am also interested in the sonography program.

Afrin Kolia in Danbury, Connecticut

53 months ago

Andrea in Middletown, Connecticut said: Hi, Im looking into fox institute for the dms program too, i have a ton of questions how long the program is and things like that... has anyone done the program i'd love to chat maybe you could help me out! Also is it really expensive? is it worth the money? PLEASE HELLPPP!!!
thanks!

hii, i just know that this program at fox institute is 18 months. there are total 6 semesters. u have to take lectures online and for lab work u have to go to school. and from 3rd sem u have to take visits to the hospitals too. I have applied for this program in Fox institute and i got Financial Assistance Notification from them and total fees amount came up $33,200.

go elsewhere! in Cheshire, Connecticut

53 months ago

Why on earth would you want to go to an unaccredited program like FOX or Sanford Brown? Unless you already have a bachelor's degree or an X-ray degree you will not be able to sit for the ARDMS exam after you graduate! You have to try to get a year of experience on the job before you can sit for the exam if you go that route... BUT most employers won't even look at you if you haven't passed that exam--so how will you get your one year of experience so that you can sit for it? You won't! Don't waste your money on FOX or Sanford Brown! Last I knew, FOX's program was around $28,000. The two accredited programs in CT (St. Francis Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital) don't even cost that much!

Don't be lured by how "easy" it is to get into a program--it's because of the lack of accreditation! What counts is whether you can sit for the exam after graduation! And like I said before--unless you have a bachelor's degree or a background in X-ray before entering an un-accredited program, you will NOT be able to sit for the exam!

Keep in mind FOX and Sanford Brown are private for-profit BUSINESS schools. And hey, business is business--they make it easier to get in and charge more because of it... do your research, and don't fall for it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Rick in Manchester, New Hampshire

53 months ago

Lisa in Manchester, New Hampshire said: Does anyone have any positive feedback about this school? It seems like an ok way to go but leaves me a little worried! I am also interested in the sonography program.

I'm getting bad feelings from Fox...Saw ad in paper...a couple weeks ago and again Sunday (New Hampshire Sunday News).

I called…2x- 1st call xfer to dead air??? Called for Q&A…they 'needed name/ # address…" for Q&A??? I gave name/ caller ID gave them #, gave zip code…xferred 2 x and LVM for “Steve”… lousy connection…

Better bet may likely be NHTI in Concord...Right up the road and the reputation/ acredidation...Or try Manchester Community College.

Sonographer in Alpharetta, Georgia

53 months ago

I've been a sonographer for 13 years. I graduated from an accredited college. Even with a bachelor's degree before I went to the program, I knew the importance of an accredited ultrasound school.

Please realize that ultrasound is not an 'easy' career path. There are many sub-par sonographers out there. It takes years of scanning to become good at it, even after graduating from a good ultrasound program. Choose your school carefully. Think twice about learning a professional career from a trade school that just wants your money.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Help! in Wantagh, New York

53 months ago

If Fox prepares you for the ARDMS exam, and passing the ARDMS qualifies you as a licensed sonographer then why must the school be accredited? Also, I was made aware the only reason why Fox is not yet accredited is because the Sonography program has only been around for 3 years and it takes 4 years for any program to become accredited. Does anyone know if this is true? Any help anyone can provide would be greatly appreciated. I’m planning to start Fox in July and am so excited but if I’m unable to get a job after graduation then I really need to re-think things.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ali in Rockville, Maryland

53 months ago

Hello everyone. I'm a little confused as well. I spoke two times to a FOX admissions representative. She was very responsive and very "avaialble" to speak with. She indicated the reason why Fox was not accredited was because everyone who attends has a bachelors or higher level degree, vs. a 4 year undergraduate college where students did not have an existing degree. She also mentioned the program prepares you for both the ARDMS exam as well as the Stenography Principals Instrumentation exam. Lastly she indicated the tuition fee includes the ARDMS exam fee and association prep classes, among other things. Now I'm confused too as to Fox's reputation and credibility.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Help! in Bellmore, New York

53 months ago

Ali in Rockville, Maryland said: Hello everyone. I'm a little confused as well. I spoke two times to a FOX admissions representative. She was very responsive and very "avaialble" to speak with. She indicated the reason why Fox was not accredited was because everyone who attends has a bachelors or higher level degree, vs. a 4 year undergraduate college where students did not have an existing degree. She also mentioned the program prepares you for both the ARDMS exam as well as the Stenography Principals Instrumentation exam. Lastly she indicated the tuition fee includes the ARDMS exam fee and association prep classes, among other things. Now I'm confused too as to Fox's reputation and credibility.

Hi Ali,

A school's accredidation has nothing to do with the students level of education. The sonography program at Fox has been around a short time and it takes a certain amount of years before the dms approves any sonography program to be certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

interested in DMS in Derry, New Hampshire

51 months ago

Sonographer in Alpharetta, Georgia said: I've been a sonographer for 13 years. I graduated from an accredited college. Even with a bachelor's degree before I went to the program, I knew the importance of an accredited ultrasound school.

Please realize that ultrasound is not an 'easy' career path. There are many sub-par sonographers out there. It takes years of scanning to become good at it, even after graduating from a good ultrasound program. Choose your school carefully. Think twice about learning a professional career from a trade school that just wants your money.

Since you've been in this field for 13 years, would it be wise to get involved in at least two of the specialties of this field or maybe all of them? I'm interested in this area of the medical field and would like to get what advice I can that is best when getting into the DMS field.

barnesbunchx7 in Lenoir, North Carolina

51 months ago

Id have to say it sounds like a bad idea. You cannot find anyone who will vouche for program. Even if you have a BA you still need the clinical hours and from what I read no one is willing to hire you to get that opportunity because you are not in an accreditted program.

My school here in NC is fairly easy to get into. There is no physics requirement. No RN, BA, Xray tech requirement. All my sciences are wayyyyyyyyyy old. There is no 5 year rule. The only draw back is the waitlist. You can get right on it with taking placement tests and passing and meeting with the head instructor and doing a 4 hour job shadow. Then if you need sciences you have 5 years while your on the waitlist to take them. Its fully accreditted. Youd have to move but whats 2 years of living away.

Ixrayu@cox.net in Warwick, Rhode Island

50 months ago

go elsewhere! in Cheshire, Connecticut said: Why on earth would you want to go to an unaccredited program like FOX or Sanford Brown? Unless you already have a bachelor's degree or an X-ray degree you will not be able to sit for the ARDMS exam after you graduate! You have to try to get a year of experience on the job before you can sit for the exam if you go that route... BUT most employers won't even look at you if you haven't passed that exam--so how will you get your one year of experience so that you can sit for it? You won't! Don't waste your money on FOX or Sanford Brown! Last I knew, FOX's program was around $28,000. The two accredited programs in CT (St. Francis Hospital and Yale New Haven Hospital) don't even cost that much!

Don't be lured by how "easy" it is to get into a program--it's because of the lack of accreditation! What counts is whether you can sit for the exam after graduation! And like I said before--unless you have a bachelor's degree or a background in X-ray before entering an un-accredited program, you will NOT be able to sit for the exam!

Keep in mind FOX and Sanford Brown are private for-profit BUSINESS schools. And hey, business is business--they make it easier to get in and charge more because of it... do your research, and don't fall for it!

Fox actually requires that you have a Bachelors degree or an Associates in Allied Health so you are eligible to sit for the ARDMS exam. A student could and should sue them if they were not able. This program does require alot of self-study also, but don't they all to some degree, and that is the price to pay for flexibility. This type of school cannot take students straight out of high school, but that is the only issue with them not being accredited. This is why they only accept students with their Bachelors or Associates in Allied Health! What matters in the long run is that you learn the skills and are educated enough to pass the registry exams for ARDMS!-current studen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ixrayu@cox.net in Warwick, Rhode Island

50 months ago

Ixrayu@cox.net in Warwick, Rhode Island said: Fox actually requires that you have a Bachelors degree or an Associates in Allied Health so you are eligible to sit for the ARDMS exam. A student could and should sue them if they were not able. This program does require alot of self-study also, but don't they all to some degree, and that is the price to pay for flexibility. This type of school cannot take students straight out of high school, but that is the only issue with them not being accredited. This is why they only accept students with their Bachelors or Associates in Allied Health! What matters in the long run is that you learn the skills and are educated enough to pass the registry exams for ARDMS!-current studen

Also I have spoken with many friends who are sonographers and have been for years, as I am a Radiologic Technologist now, and they all say that passing the registry exams with the ARDMS and being skilled are the only requirements to be hired, the school you attend is not the issue!-same current student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stareyes in Willimantic, Connecticut

49 months ago

fox institute is not yet accredited because it is still a new program, i believe in the next two years it will fufill all the requirements to become accredited. the program consists of lab time at the school and academic classes online. starting in your third term you will begin your clinical hours. you are eligible to sit for the physics exam before graduation and the others at post graduation. it is expensive that is for sure and there are still kinks that the program needs to work out, however their percentage for passing the registry is high and they most definitely offer job placement - current student

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steve in Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Afrin Kolia in Danbury, Connecticut said: Hii, I read all of your comments. Now I am little worried too. I am going to start ultrasound program at Fox institute from July. Before that I wanted to do it at Sanford Brown Institute. But then I decided to do it at Fox. I am also confused about its accreditation. And also its fees are very high. So I am worried that I will be able to find a job or not after graduation.In some institutes you cant take ARDMS exams after completing this program so they are useless. So I dont know about Fox that its good or its like these institutes. I am also confused that i should go with the Fox institute or Sanford Brown. I cant go to Gateway Community College becoz its hard to get admission there. so i have just 2 options becoz in Connecticut even in Massachusetts there are just couple of colleges or institutes for ultrasound. So please help me by your suggestions. What should i do? Should I join this program in Fox or not?????

I don't know the answers to your questions about Fox, but my wife is looking into the program, which is why I am reading these posts. One thing I know is that you have to write lots of reports. After reading your post I would recommend to you that you might want to consider improving your writing skills. Your writing may be appropriate for texting your friends, but not for a professional case study. $30,000 is a lot of money to spend only to find you can't get a job because of your writing skills. MHO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sia in Niantic, Connecticut

48 months ago

I am starting the DMS program next week at Fox... I only have an associate’s degree so therefore I am concern with the fact that I can’t sit for the ARDMS exam until I have gain a year of experience.

Can any current or past student of Fox share some information as to their experience with the school and let me know if I should move forward.

$30,000 is a lot of money… I ‘m willing to spend the money, only if I am going to benefit from it!

Christina in Natick, Massachusetts

48 months ago

stareyes in Willimantic, Connecticut said: fox institute is not yet accredited because it is still a new program, i believe in the next two years it will fufill all the requirements to become accredited. the program consists of lab time at the school and academic classes online. starting in your third term you will begin your clinical hours. you are eligible to sit for the physics exam before graduation and the others at post graduation. it is expensive that is for sure and there are still kinks that the program needs to work out, however their percentage for passing the registry is high and they most definitely offer job placement - current student

How do you like the school? Anyone else who is a student or a graduate of the program have any feedback on the program? I am going to be attending and would like to know if it is worth it? Do they help place you after you graduate?

denise in Springfield, Virginia

48 months ago

I fast way to get into the field through a back door is to go to a local college for radiology tech. Its accredited and take less time the salaries are not that far off and you can always get cross trained in the sonography field and set for the ARDMS.

cmorebmc in Boston, Massachusetts

47 months ago

As a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer for 20 years and the department manager at a large teaching hospital in Boston I would strongly recommend to anyone considering entering the field to go to an accredited 2 or 4 year college program only! These technical schools pop up over and over again when there is a demand for techs but they only take your money and leave you with a sub par education. Even if you already have your bachelors’ degree I can tell you from experience that it DOES matter where you go to school and it DOES matter where you do your clinical training. I always look at both when reviewing candidates and if they have a "Certificate in Ultrasound" from one of these schools I do not even bother to look at the rest of the resume. Save your money and get yourself the education and training that both you and your future patients deserve.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

dr.bob in Woodhaven, New York

46 months ago

cmorebmc in Boston, Massachusetts said: As a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer for 20 years and the department manager at a large teaching hospital in Boston I would strongly recommend to anyone considering entering the field to go to an accredited 2 or 4 year college program only! These technical schools pop up over and over again when there is a demand for techs but they only take your money and leave you with a sub par education. Even if you already have your bachelors’ degree I can tell you from experience that it DOES matter where you go to school and it DOES matter where you do your clinical training. I always look at both when reviewing candidates and if they have a "Certificate in Ultrasound" from one of these schools I do not even bother to look at the rest of the resume. Save your money and get yourself the education and training that both you and your future patients deserve.

Thank you for your input. I am a foreign medical doctor who is thinking to persue a carrier in ultrasound in USA. From where I come from, MDs are the one who are doing ultrasound examinations, there is no such thing as an ultrasound technician.I already have a certification in Ultrasound and do have some knowledge in the field. Is it still important for me at what school I am getting acredited here in USA? I mean , if I can prove that I am good at what I am doing...Fox institute is suiting me beacuse it has the online option . Please,I would appreciate any response.

ingra in New Britain, Connecticut

44 months ago

Afrin Kolia in Danbury, Connecticut said: hii, i just know that this program at fox institute is 18 months. there are total 6 semesters. u have to take lectures online and for lab work u have to go to school. and from 3rd sem u have to take visits to the hospitals too. I have applied for this program in Fox institute and i got Financial Assistance Notification from them and total fees amount came up $33,200.

Did u get it jobs yet

Nadia7 in Foxboro, Massachusetts

44 months ago

Hello, for those who are interested in pursuing a career at FOX....please save your money they lie, they make the beginning image so promising. After, my 1st month my classmates and I discovered that they bought all 12 of us with the same marketing excuse to begin our admissions "we only have 1 spot left!" Which, ummm was a lie! I dont regret meeting all the wonderful classmates. But, as for the online classes they rush and also, did I mention that they said online tutoring was avail.. mmm another lie...I honestly tryed to give them a chance but after all the lies i said enough is enough. Its kinda like one of those relationships when your signficant other keeps being unfaithful. So, why should I stay and keep being treated like that. Also, I dont think its worth 32,000.00 to teach yourself to be a sonographer. I loved the labs with the instructors but, I needed to be educated correctly and with proper curriculium. ---> Pick an accredited school cause FOX is not, this I learned after 2months into the program....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

44 months ago

Nadia7 in Foxboro, Massachusetts said: Hello, for those who are interested in pursuing a career at FOX....please save your money they lie, they make the beginning image so promising. After, my 1st month my classmates and I discovered that they bought all 12 of us with the same marketing excuse to begin our admissions "we only have 1 spot left!" Which, ummm was a lie! I dont regret meeting all the wonderful classmates. But, as for the online classes they rush and also, did I mention that they said online tutoring was avail.. mmm another lie...I honestly tryed to give them a chance but after all the lies i said enough is enough. Its kinda like one of those relationships when your signficant other keeps being unfaithful. So, why should I stay and keep being treated like that. Also, I dont think its worth 32,000.00 to teach yourself to be a sonographer. I loved the labs with the instructors but, I needed to be educated correctly and with proper curriculium. ---> Pick an accredited school cause FOX is not, this I learned after 2months into the program....

When did you stop going? How much did you have to pay out of the 32,000?

Nadia in Foxboro, Massachusetts

43 months ago

I stop going in Dec....but as for the amount im not sure on that yet....

run123 in Southington, Connecticut

40 months ago

I heard that Fox Institute,now called American Institute. don't provide clinical in their curriculum. Clinical is a major part of becoming an Ultrasound Tech. What are your thoughts on this?

ixrayu in Warwick, Rhode Island

40 months ago

American Institute does provide a clinical site, which you have to have in order to sit for the ARRT registry exam. They had a slight issue with a shortage for students in the Massachusetts and New Hampshire area, but they rectified the situation. Most schools out there are having a hard time with procuring clinical sites for Diagnostic Medical Sonography because there is a shortage of them and because some schools have contracts that don't allow the facilities they use to take students from anywhere else. I personally have had no problem with clinical sites and I am currently over half way through the program.
-current student from RI

40 months ago

cmorebmc in Boston, Massachusetts said: As a Registered Diagnostic Sonographer for 20 years and the department manager at a large teaching hospital in Boston I would strongly recommend to anyone considering entering the field to go to an accredited 2 or 4 year college program only! These technical schools pop up over and over again when there is a demand for techs but they only take your money and leave you with a sub par education. Even if you already have your bachelors’ degree I can tell you from experience that it DOES matter where you go to school and it DOES matter where you do your clinical training. I always look at both when reviewing candidates and if they have a "Certificate in Ultrasound" from one of these schools I do not even bother to look at the rest of the resume. Save your money and get yourself the education and training that both you and your future patients deserve.

I am very suprised to hear such a biased opinion from a professional. I went to an accredited school for Radiography and received my degree and I am half way through an ultrasound program, such as the ones you speak of, and I will tell you it definitely is not subpar!! From what I am gathering from all the friends and co-workers I know in the diagnostic imaging field, it is actually quite extensive. I am at a clinical site at a major RI hospital and they are quite impressed with our scanning abilities and our knowledge. We have Physics 4 out of 6 terms, along with Abd/Ob, vascular, emerging technologies etc... A very recent graduate of the same school I am attending was at the same site I am at for clinical internship and they hired her as soon as she graduated and she is doing great! What I am trying to say is you are probably missing out on some excellent sonographers by being biased about the school they attend. You might want to rethink that and give them a shot, you will probably be happily surprised with the result...

40 months ago

Steve in Pocono Summit, Pennsylvania said: I don't know the answers to your questions about Fox, but my wife is looking into the program, which is why I am reading these posts. One thing I know is that you have to write lots of reports. After reading your post I would recommend to you that you might want to consider improving your writing skills. Your writing may be appropriate for texting your friends, but not for a professional case study. $30,000 is a lot of money to spend only to find you can't get a job because of your writing skills. MHO

Just fyi, she is not originally from the US and English is her second(or possibly more) language...so I think she is doing very well with it!! How many languages do you speak and write in???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

ixrayu in Warwick, Rhode Island said: American Institute does provide a clinical site, which you have to have in order to sit for the ARRT registry exam. They had a slight issue with a shortage for students in the Massachusetts and New Hampshire area, but they rectified the situation. Most schools out there are having a hard time with procuring clinical sites for Diagnostic Medical Sonography because there is a shortage of them and because some schools have contracts that don't allow the facilities they use to take students from anywhere else. I personally have had no problem with clinical sites and I am currently over half way through the program.
-current student from RI

How are they fixing the shortage of sites? I just started my clinicals and most of us do not have sites. It has been more than a slight issue. They have stopped their distance program. Every time we ask questions about what they are going to do they don't have answers.

40 months ago

ixrayu in Warwick, Rhode Island said: American Institute does provide a clinical site, which you have to have in order to sit for the ARRT registry exam. They had a slight issue with a shortage for students in the Massachusetts and New Hampshire area, but they rectified the situation. Most schools out there are having a hard time with procuring clinical sites for Diagnostic Medical Sonography because there is a shortage of them and because some schools have contracts that don't allow the facilities they use to take students from anywhere else. I personally have had no problem with clinical sites and I am currently over half way through the program.
-current student from RI

How are they fixing the shortage of sites? I just started my clinicals and most of us do not have sites. It has been more than a slight issue. They have stopped their distance program. Every time we ask questions about what they are going to do they don't have answers.

40 months ago

Exactly, they are rectifying the situation by stopping the remote program so they can make sure we all get sites. They have had a very hard time in MA and NH. Hang in there, the rest of my class all have sites now, even the ones from MASS and NH. You are in term 3 right?? I am in term 4 and some of them just got a site this term, but are doing 4 days to make up time. Feel free to contact me @ ixrayu@cox.net if you have any more questions.

Katie in Garfield, New Jersey

39 months ago

Tica in Springfield, Massachusetts said: Also, this question is not only for michael but for everyone who may know about fox institue ultrasound program. So far it sound good... Just want to make sure I am right about that instinct. I would love to hear from current students or alumnis from the programs. Thanks!

Hi Tica, did you find out anything about the program and the Fox Institute? I got into the program, but I don't know if i made the right decision. Please help

39 months ago

Is the American Institute accredited? are they really lying? I almost got into the program, and now when i saw the review, I don't know what to do. I'm going crazy. Please help...

39 months ago

Nadia7 in Foxboro, Massachusetts said: Hello, for those who are interested in pursuing a career at FOX....please save your money they lie, they make the beginning image so promising. After, my 1st month my classmates and I discovered that they bought all 12 of us with the same marketing excuse to begin our admissions "we only have 1 spot left!" Which, ummm was a lie! I dont regret meeting all the wonderful classmates. But, as for the online classes they rush and also, did I mention that they said online tutoring was avail.. mmm another lie...I honestly tryed to give them a chance but after all the lies i said enough is enough. Its kinda like one of those relationships when your signficant other keeps being unfaithful. So, why should I stay and keep being treated like that. Also, I dont think its worth 32,000.00 to teach yourself to be a sonographer. I loved the labs with the instructors but, I needed to be educated correctly and with proper curriculium. ---> Pick an accredited school cause FOX is not, this I learned after 2months into the program....

Hi Nadia, Please tell me more about the American (Fox) Institute. I was so excited about the program. I almost got in. Please help...

39 months ago

Hi Nadia, Please tell me more about the American (Fox) Institute. I was so excited about the program. I almost got in. Please help... this is my email knasrashvili@yahoo.com

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.