New Graduate Salary in Miami, Fl

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 61)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Dannel Bisono in Miami, Florida

71 months ago

What Should a new Graduate do to get a job I got my Ardms but I dont have any exp because no one had givien me a chance Ive had interviews but at the end they always tell me were looking for someone with more exp what should do ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

ydavis@128@yahoo.com in Lawrenceville, Georgia

64 months ago

Dannel Bisono in Miami, Florida said: What Should a new Graduate do to get a job I got my Ardms but I dont have any exp because no one had givien me a chance Ive had interviews but at the end they always tell me were looking for someone with more exp what should do ?

Hi Dannel,

I am in the same boat as you. I am RDMS in abdomen from an accredited school, but
because I have NO experience, no one will hire me. I have a classmate that recently got hired in Canada, though. Up there, they are desperate for techs.
The down side is that you would have to sign a 2 year contract with them. Then, there are remote places in this country who will consider a new grad. such as Vermont, Kansas, Idaho- just look online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Paul in Austin, Texas

64 months ago

You should try to get a job at one of the places where you did your clinical work while you were in school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

carlota in Maracaibo, Venezuela

63 months ago

ydavis@128@yahoo.com in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: Hi Dannel,

I am in the same boat as you. I am RDMS in abdomen from an accredited school, but
because I have NO experience, no one will hire me. I have a classmate that recently got hired in Canada, though. Up there, they are desperate for techs.
The down side is that you would have to sign a 2 year contract with them. Then, there are remote places in this country who will consider a new grad. such as Vermont, Kansas, Idaho- just look online.

CANDA SOUNDS GOOD VERY GOOD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JVC in Merced, California

63 months ago

Jobs are plentiful in Canada? I didn't know that. Also does anyone know about jobs in Europe? I read on a post that there are jobs overseas but I have not been able to find any. I think that would be a very interesting place to start out and than come back to the US after a couple of years and settle down.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Boca Raton, Florida

63 months ago

The job market in south florida for ultrasound techs is very dismal. There are no jobs available for the accredited or experienced. The field is flooded. SHAME on schools such as Sanford Brown in South Florida that are still trying to recruit students. They are a rip off and please don't fall for their false advertisements. I wish I knew then what I know now. Please persue another career with some job prospects.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

d in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

63 months ago

Hi guys,
The bottom line is, if you cannot get a job that means you cannot scan.I was offered a position before I was even finished with school. Some of you go into the field for the wrong reason and that is money....It does not matter if you are registered, if you cannot scan find another profession....
Unfortunately some schools push students through the program even if you are failing, whether it be in your practicals or your book work...This profession is no joke, you can lose your license if you f--- up, and I hate tobe harsh but if you don't know what you are doing you could kill a patient by missing something that is considered to be STAT....GOOD LUCK BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TYPED

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (16) Reply - Report abuse

juliet in Caracas, Venezuela

63 months ago

YOUR probably are right but what if yu cant get job because not from accredited school? therefore no 12 months experience therefore what

juliet in Caracas, Venezuela

62 months ago

Dannel Bisono in Miami, Florida said: What Should a new Graduate do to get a job I got my Ardms but I dont have any exp because no one had givien me a chance Ive had interviews but at the end they always tell me were looking for someone with more exp what should do ?

i also have question when employer says rdms eligible and able to register in one years time - does that mean they are not asking for the 12 months experience? someone outhere clarification appreciated

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

Can someone please recomend a certified school for ultasound I dont wanna get taken for a ride by one of these schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

michelle in Miami, Florida

58 months ago

A.. in Miami, Florida said: Hi. Salary depends on your specialty. General u/s (abd,ob) starts at about $24.00 per/hr. Echo pays a bit more... about $27 per/hr. It also depends on your employer, wether its a hospital or doctors office.
Hope this info is useful

where did you attend school

nane32885 in North Miami Beach, Florida

58 months ago

Hey guys im a ultrasound instructor in miami the only two schools in miami that lets u take your ARDMS after school is Miami-dade and Kesier college theres other schools like FNC (florida national college) were u would have to take the ARRT RT(S) first and then u can take the ARDMS if u pass the arrt and PTC (professional training center) and ATI were u would have to graduate then find a job for a yr then u can take ur ARDMS the best way to go is Miami-dade college or Keiser if not the 2nd option should be FNC ask me anything you want about the ultrasound career my e-mail is nane32885@msn.com I work for PTC and FNC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Luna

57 months ago

Looking into Ultrasound Tech / Cardiovascular does any one know salary and is the market saturated in Miami/Ft. Lauderdale or there is a market for this?
Any Idea on salary for no minimal experience?

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Dannel in Hialeah, Florida

57 months ago

Yea for ultrasound general the pay is 20-25hr here in miami for echo (heart) its a little bit more like 27-28/hr you need to get the license. There jobs out here but its very competetive becuase there are so many schools in miami that u can do ultrasound but if you get your license and know how to scan you wont have a problem

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

JC

57 months ago

nane32885 in North Miami Beach, Florida said: Hey guys im a ultrasound instructor in miami the only two schools in miami that lets u take your ARDMS after school is Miami-dade and Kesier college theres other schools like FNC (florida national college) were u would have to take the ARRT RT(S) first and then u can take the ARDMS if u pass the arrt and PTC (professional training center) and ATI were u would have to graduate then find a job for a yr then u can take ur ARDMS the best way to go is Miami-dade college or Keiser if not the 2nd option should be FNC ask me anything you want about the ultrasound career my e-mail is nane32885@msn.com I work for PTC and FNC

You still work for PTC ?

Dannel in Miami, Florida

57 months ago

Yes I do

Taniamaria@aol.com in Miami, Florida

42 months ago

JC said: You still work for PTC ?

I am looking to get in now, but I bit scare because of finding no jobs after. Any recomendation

Nane32885 in Miami, Florida

42 months ago

There's jobs out there but I think the job most in demand is RN or PA the best schools for ultrasound r Miami dade and keiser

nasier in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

40 months ago

hi where would i go for a u/s job where they would send us over to the area and help us buy a house

Tim in Pensacola, Florida

40 months ago

Nane32885 in Miami, Florida said: There's jobs out there but I think the job most in demand is RN or PA the best schools for ultrasound r Miami dade and keiser

Don't Forget Nova Southeastern, cause they offer 4 year BHSc, MHSc in Vascular and Cardiovascular Sonography.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

JC said: You still work for PTC ?

What about Nova SouthEastern they are pretty close to Miami.

40 months ago

d in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hi guys,
The bottom line is, if you cannot get a job that means you cannot scan.I was offered a position before I was even finished with school. Some of you go into the field for the wrong reason and that is money....It does not matter if you are registered, if you cannot scan find another profession....
Unfortunately some schools push students through the program even if you are failing, whether it be in your practicals or your book work...This profession is no joke, you can lose your license if you f--- up, and I hate tobe harsh but if you don't know what you are doing you could kill a patient by missing something that is considered to be STAT....GOOD LUCK BUT THINK ABOUT WHAT I HAVE TYPED

Hey, Where did you go to school? And how is your career doing now?

jenny in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

Nane32885 in Miami, Florida said: There's jobs out there but I think the job most in demand is RN or PA the best schools for ultrasound r Miami dade and keiser

do u still worked at ptc?can you email me jeniset@msn.com

jmc in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

no, but my wife does. she teaches the Associates program.

jenny in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

jmc in Miami, Florida said: no, but my wife does. she teaches the Associates program.

r u and ultrasound tech? i think is so hard to find a job here in miami right now and the funny thing is that i apply but they want people with experience and how do u think i can get experience if they dont give me the opportunity!!!! what do u recommend me to do?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jmc in Miami, Florida

39 months ago

send me an email at = santafecollege@gmail.com

with your number. My wife can probably help you out. How many hours can time do you have ? are you good at scanning ?

if I were to observe you scanning, how well would you do ? do you know your anatomy ?

Let's talk -

Juan

nane32885 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

39 months ago

do you have ur license and if so which one let me know my email is nane32885@msn.com send me ur comments there

nane32885 in Hialeah, Florida

39 months ago

Juan im a teacher at to schools alot of my students know how to scan alot really suck but I do have a few that can scan and i have students with every type of license so if you have work I can send you some of my best now remember they are recent graduate so they will still need a lil help but i have students that have very strong scanning skills Let me know thanx

Kathy Coughlin in Delray Beach, Florida

37 months ago

Hi - my name is Kathy and my company provides human resources support to medical practices. Currently a cardiovascular practice in Boca Raton, FL is in need of an Echo Tech. If interested, email me at: kathyc@hrservicegroup.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

nane32885 in Hialeah, Florida said: Juan im a teacher at to schools alot of my students know how to scan alot really suck but I do have a few that can scan and i have students with every type of license so if you have work I can send you some of my best now remember they are recent graduate so they will still need a lil help but i have students that have very strong scanning skills Let me know thanx

Hi - my name is Kathy and my company provides human resources support for medical practices. Currently one of my clients in Boca Raton FL, a cardiovascular practice, is looking for a full tiem echo tech. If you know anyone looking for a full time job, please email me at kathyc@hrservicegroup.com. Thanks.

Dannel in Hialeah, Florida

37 months ago

Im a teacher and im currently not looking for work but I have students that have there echo license but not to much exp let me know if you want me to tell them to send you there resume

37 months ago

Yes - please send resumes - we are looking to fill the position by July 11, 2011 - perhaps a qualified applicant can work on "training scheudle" with the hope of being functional by July 11th.

Thanks and I look forward to reviewing the resumes.

Regards, Kathy

Dannel in Miami, Florida

37 months ago

OK i will try to get in contact with my pass students and plz if you need any other tech from general to vascular I have many people that are certified Keep in touch

37 months ago

Thank you - I look forward to reviewing resumes you sent me and will follow up with you on any who are interviewed and/or hired.

Regards, Kathy

37 months ago

Hi - I just received the open position in Boca Raton Florida is part time - listed is the job ad: Boca Raton cardiovascular center is looking for an experienced registered (RDCS/RCS and RVT) echovascular sonographer to work in ICAEL accredited Lab on a part time basis. Responsible for performing adult echocardiograms, stress echos, carotid ultrasound, abdominal ultrasound and peripheral vascular studies: ABIs and PVRs. Must have and maintain Echo Lab accreditation and work toward vascular Lab accreditation

Laura C. in Spring Hill, Florida

36 months ago

I have recently graduated from an out of state accredited ultrasound school(MSU) with and AS degree. I graduated with honors and have excellent scanning abilites. I passed the SP&I Physics Exam while I was a student and im presently studying to take my first registry. I did over 12 months of clinical rotations at a hospital where I was the only student. My preceptor earned her degree at SanteFe Comm College in Gainesville and did her training at Shands and North Florida. She feels that she learned from the very best and tried to teach me all she learned. It is very discouraging as a new graduate to find work. Every single job posting wants at least one-year experience. Even the posting's that say 'must be registry eligible and be certified with-in one year.' Im 48 years old and changed careers because I always wanted to help people and try to make a difference. I loved my patients when I was doing my clinicals. At this point, im feeling as though I might not ever find a job in ultrasound which is so disappointing since I have worked so hard and sacrificed so much to get this degree. Ultrasound was very expensive and soon student loans are coming due. Im open to any advice or suggestions. I am also able to relocate anywhere in Florida. Thanks :/

Dannel Bisono in Hialeah, Florida

36 months ago

Hey just to try to help you out so I teach ultrasound in two different schools there are jobs out there but you have to be certified there is a bill that congress is trying to pass called the CARE bill and when that BILL is passed you will be obligated to have a certification to do ultrasound. Many hospitals and diagnostic centers know this so they want you to be certified. So get certified then apply again there are so many schools in miami and FL that offer sonography that the competition here in miami and near miami is very tough if you leave this area lets say passed west palm it gets easier to find jobs and if you leave florida there is a demand for ultrasound tech and they get paided more. The certification most in demand right now is VASCULAR so i would try to get that certification and more. Im hoping this will help you dont give up trust me you will eventually find something be patient and get certified and dont forget how to scan because thats another issue

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Laura C. in Spring Hill, Florida

36 months ago

Thanks for your reply. I took the Edeleman seminar in July for OB/GYN and presently studying for that. I am scanning a few patients in an Ob/GYN Dr's office one day a week, until it gets busier, so I thought I would take that first as opposed to abdominal. It seems I might have another OB/GYN opportunity in a women's center for 2 days a week. I will know next week. I see that vascular is in demand now as you say. Hopefully, after I pass the OB/GYN registry that will open some doors until I take the next registry which might very well be vascular!

L Kelly in Lake Worth, Florida

36 months ago

Do any of you know of the Cambridge Institute of Alled Heath in Delray Beach? I was accepted to start in Sept but I have not heard anything about it on these boards. The CAAHEP has it on their list as accredited and I'd love to know if anyone has heard of it. Very $$ but their facility seemed nice and the people knowledgable (and happy. good sign)
Thanks

I was an RT many years ago for 16 years but did not keep my license (very stupid and long story)

Dannel bisono in Miami, Florida

36 months ago

If its accredited by caahep your good thats allow u to take your state examination after graduation schools that don't have that the students have to be employed for a year to be able to take there state exams so if the school has caahep your good

36 months ago

Hey

Sunny Skies in Miami, Florida

35 months ago

Dannel Bisono in Hialeah, Florida said: Hey just to try to help you out so I teach ultrasound in two different schools there are jobs out there but you have to be certified there is a bill that congress is trying to pass called the CARE bill and when that BILL is passed you will be obligated to have a certification to do ultrasound. Many hospitals and diagnostic centers know this so they want you to be certified.

Hi, I am a recent graduate from Miami Dade College DMS program, i was wondering if you know of any place that I can continue to scan while I study for my registries? I want to have my registry and continue to improve my scanning abilities before I actually apply for work. I am most interested in Abd and Vascular, but will go to any modality. Any advise would be appreciated.

35 months ago

It will be hard to find a place to keep scanning if your school doesn't allow you to go back and scan I would advise you to get your registry quick in the schools I work for they allow the students to come back and scan but I don't know if they let you do that in Miami dade

Rebecca519 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

35 months ago

Sunny Skies in Miami, Florida said:

I graduated last year from miami dade.....Just ask Dalia, she wil let you come back in and scan. Just get another student to come with and you can take turns. She let me do that. It took me 5 months or more to find a job! It was actaully Dalia wo helped me find work in OBgyn. It is very discouraging but hang in there. GET ALL YOUR REGISTRIES! I only have my obgyn. Taking abn next month and hopefully will pass so i can have more options. Working only 4 days a week now so not quite full time and its tough

flo in Hollywood, Florida

35 months ago

I am looking into ultrasound training I have been to ATI but it is not CAAHEP accredited and they assure that because I have a bachelor degree there should not be any problem
to sit for the board upon completion. Also anybody knows anything about DADE MEDICAL COLLEGE

35 months ago

If you have a bachelor in biology or health something in that nature you can take your test but u have just any bachelor degree and dadE medical also is not accredited

Babygirl Leo in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

35 months ago

flo in Hollywood, Florida said: I am looking into ultrasound training I have been to ATI but it is not CAAHEP accredited and they assure that because I have a bachelor degree there should not be any problem
to sit for the board upon completion. Also anybody knows anything about DADE MEDICAL COLLEGE[/QUOTE
If you take your SPI after you take and pass your Physics class you are registered. CAAHEP accreditation does allow for you to sit for your specialty right away and become registered. However, the downfall to that is if you can not find a job in your chosen specialty you wouldn't be able to change without returning to school and paying more money to train in another specialty.

Jess in Orlando, Florida

35 months ago

I am interested in going to school for sonography aswell as Rn
I am having trouble deciding between the two. Ultrasound techs seem to be happier and less stressed out but have a harder time finding a job. Nurses seem to be so burnt out after awhile but they can find jobs easier. All I know is that if im going to work my butt off to get a degree I want to be able to find a job and not be crazy stressed out. I understand all jobs are stressful and to make good money some stress will always be there. But I dont want to be a worn out miserable nurse like the ones ive been reading about. Im also a single mother with a 2 month old son and I want my career choice to be worth it. Does anyone have any advice? Is nursing really that stressful and miserable? Are ultrasound tech jobs hard to find these days? Who makes a better salary in florida? Thank you for any advice

lc in Spring Hill, Florida

35 months ago

Jess in Orlando, Florida said: I am interested in going to school for sonography aswell as Rn
I am having trouble deciding between the two. Ultrasound techs seem to be happier and less stressed out but have a harder time finding a job. Nurses seem to be so burnt out after awhile but they can find jobs easier. All I know is that if im going to work my butt off to get a degree I want to be able to find a job and not be crazy stressed out. I understand all jobs are stressful and to make good money some stress will always be there. But I dont want to be a worn out miserable nurse like the ones ive been reading about. Im also a single mother with a 2 month old son and I want my career choice to be worth it. Does anyone have any advice? Is nursing really that stressful and miserable? Are ultrasound tech jobs hard to find these days? Who makes a better salary in florida? Thank you for any advice

I live about an hour and half west of you. I graduated end of May from U/S school. Top of my class and I already took my SP&I Physics exam, and presently studying for my first registry. I have an AS degree, loads of hands on clinical hours as I was the only stduent at my site. I scan everything but echo although I took all but one echo class. I just couldnt do 2 more rotations for my BS for the Echo degree. It doesn't get much better than that. I can not find a job. I have applied to the WHOLE state of Florida and outside as well. Everyone wants 1-2 years exp and a registry. I am in the process of moving 130 miles south of here where my other family lives for hopefully more opportunities. I have been applying there as well for a few months. Same story. Want 2 years exp and registry!!Times were diff when I started in 2007. All I can say is, there are few U/S jobs and loads of nursing jobs. Just go on any hospital websites and look under careers and you will see. If you go to an U/S make sure they are accredited or then you will have even more probs. Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Dannel in Miami, Florida

35 months ago

Im a ultrasund professor and I know about both careers you are talking about and your right depending on were you live ultrasound is in demand in some places more than others lets say miami we have a overload of techs but if you from lets says north carolina it would probably be easier to find a job no matter what there are many jobs looking for ultrasound tech so as long as you learn no how to scan and get multiple certifications you will be find nursing is a great choice but very true that it is very stressfull depending were you work and what department but you get paid well and you can keep going to school to get a better degree in nursing you have AS, BA , Masters and Nurse practitioner which can make lots of money you just have to go back to school if you are going to get into nursing get a BA in nursing because thats what employers are looking for BA or more hope this has helped you out if you need more help nane32885@msn.com is my email

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.