OB/GYN EXAM!!

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 70)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

LeslieAg07 in College Station, Texas

66 months ago

Was hoping some of you could help me out. I'm about to sit for the OB/GYN exam and wanted to get some input from those of you have taken it.
What kinds of questions did ARDMS ask about ovarian tumors? There are SO many of them. I'm wondering if I need to memorize which are epithial, stromal, and germ cell tumors. Surely they wouldn't ask me to differentiate between the tumors sonographically, right? I think most of them look the same.
Anything about the exam you all can remember would be really really helpful. I'm taking it May 28th!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Casi in Eden, North Carolina

65 months ago

i had typed up more stuff from my test but it won't let me post it? saying something about not being able to use vulgar language or personal attacks and i have no idea what it is talking about .. i don't know what word is bad! haha. so i'll just type it all out in word and anybody that wants it can send me their email address.

mine is cbclark@triad.rr.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Avon Lake, Ohio

62 months ago

Casi in Eden, North Carolina said: i had typed up more stuff from my test but it won't let me post it? saying something about not being able to use vulgar language or personal attacks and i have no idea what it is talking about .. i don't know what word is bad! haha. so i'll just type it all out in word and anybody that wants it can send me their email address.

Casi, I take the OB exam in 9 days. Can you please email me your notes?? My email is margo_k@oh.rr.com it would be much appreciated!!! Thanks!
Kathy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

newrdotson@aol.com

61 months ago

Casi in Eden, North Carolina said: i had typed up more stuff from my test but it won't let me post it? saying something about not being able to use vulgar language or personal attacks and i have no idea what it is talking about .. i don't know what word is bad! haha. so i'll just type it all out in word and anybody that wants it can send me their email address.

casi could you please send me your test info.

Thanks
Sally

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jennk287 in Easton, Pennsylvania

61 months ago

My email is jkantor77@gmail.com. if you still have that info i would really really appreciate it if you could send it to me. thanks in advance

jackiemolla in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

61 months ago

Could you send me info about ob exam as well?
hpak75@yahoo.com
thank you

alexandra buckler in new york, New York

60 months ago

alexandra buckler in new york, New York said:

Hi Casi congrats on passing your ob/gyn exam a few months ago. Please help me in telling what to study your notes are excellent. But i want to know was the green workbook from edelmin helpful or should i use other sourses like davies questions. Please let me know asap cause I am taking the exam in NOV NEXT month. THIS EXAM DEPENDS IF I CONTINUE TO HAVE MY JOB PLEASE HELP!

Joanne in Haverhill, Massachusetts

56 months ago

could you please send me your notes, I will be taking the obgyn soon. Please send the to J.obrien872gmail.com My other e-mail is not working.
thank you, Joanne

Kiah in Troy, New York

56 months ago

Hi Casi! I would love if you would e-mail me the pointers from the ob/gyn test!! My e-mail is knarotski@yahoo.com. Thanks so much!

Nothing that Concerns You in NoWhere

55 months ago

Can someone please share the notes Casi made?

niente_che_ti_riguardi@yahoo.com

domino9065 in Fort Smith, Arkansas

55 months ago

you can try to buy it from someone. i think if you look back through the forum, you will find people selling the book, or copies of the book. you could also check ebay, or contact ESP. I think they are $200+ if you just get the book from ESP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nicki809 in Cartersville, Georgia

55 months ago

newrdotson@aol.com said: casi could you please send me your test info.

Thanks
Sally

Do you still have ob/gyn notes for exam? If you do can you please send it to me? erin9332@yahoo.com
Thanks

domino9065 in Fort Smith, Arkansas

55 months ago

mmb -
email me if you still need a book

domino9065@yahoo.com

OB/GYN Davis CD in Chelan, Washington

55 months ago

Looking to purchase a Davis OB/GYN CD. Also would like any information about the exam..or which study tools are good.

Thanks
wswaner@hotmail.com

kawoo in Los Angeles, California

55 months ago

Can someone please share Ob 1st,2nd,3rd trimester protocols?

I haven't scanned ob for long time and I might need to scan on my interview.

Please~~ thanks you guys!!

chris rando in Boston, Massachusetts

53 months ago

Joanne in Haverhill, Massachusetts said: could you please send me your notes, I will be taking the obgyn soon. Please send the to J.obrien872gmail.com My other e-mail is not working.
thank you, Joanne

Could you please send me your notes. You had excellent info..
My email is chrisrando@verizon.net

Casi in Eden, North Carolina

53 months ago

everyone, i do not have the notes anymore. got a new computer and did not save the notes sorry!

FreakingOut in Atlanta, Georgia

52 months ago

Did you get your hands on a workbook, and would you possibly consider scanning/emailing me the test questions/answers if you have them? Don't need the book, just the tests for review. I take the test in 4 days! Ack!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jelabi in Garden City, New York

52 months ago

how much was the book . does any one know

Rhonda in Greer, South Carolina

49 months ago

Hi Casi
I take my boards soon and would appreciate the notes if you are still offering them. Thanks so much
Rhonda

HerreraA in Lawrenceville, Georgia

48 months ago

hi casi can you email your notes,thanks,
reyes_angela2002@yahoo.com

Alena in Oakland, California

45 months ago

Was hoping some of you could help me out. I'm about to sit for the OB/GYN exam and wanted to get some input from those of you have taken it.
What kinds of questions did ARDMS ask, GYN, OB 1,2,3 abnormalities?
Anything about the exam you all can remember would be really really helpful. I'm taking it February 22!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alenaholly@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alena in Redwood City, California

44 months ago

Anything about the exam you all can remember would be really really helpful. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alenaholly@hotmail.com

sassy spirit in Duluth, Georgia

43 months ago

Tracey said: Hi, I took and passed the OB/GYN test in Jan. I used Davis CD and Appelton book. There is alot of normal gyne, beta levels, basic ovarian path. For OB, there was a few of position of fetus. If I remember more I will post, but some of the images were directly out of Appleton book.

Hi I am trying to buy the Davies cd for ob/gyn. Do you still have yours? If so, can I buy it from you and for how much?

sassy spirit in Duluth, Georgia

43 months ago

Hi Tracey,

I would like to buy your Ob/gyn Davies Cd, if you are selling it. Please let me know how much.

sherigrace in Hyden, Kentucky

43 months ago

I am also looking for the davies OB-gyn CD and the Appleton book, if anyone has one they want to sell just email me at sherigrace82_u2@yahoo.com
If any one has copies of the notes please send me a copy, please!
Thanks sheri

arshi in Mobile, Alabama

43 months ago

Alena in Oakland, California said: Was hoping some of you could help me out. I'm about to sit for the OB/GYN exam and wanted to get some input from those of you have taken it.
Anything about the exam you all can remember would be really really helpful. I'm taking it February 22!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
alenaholly@hotmail.com

hi alena how was ur exam? I am in same shoes as were u few weeks ago ,about to take my exam in few days .any qs. u remember from ur exams? how about doppler & abnormalities?
were there many images? ur response will b appreciated.
thanx .

dabogs7 in Woodland Hills, California

42 months ago

sassy spirit in Duluth, Georgia said: Hi Tracey,

I would like to buy your Ob/gyn Davies Cd, if you are selling it. Please let me know how much.

i can burn you a copy of davies ob/gyn cd-rom... email me: dabogs@hotmail.com

Lyn in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

mine is karyni@earthlink.net

dfr110 in Seminole, Texas

40 months ago

Lyn in Chicago, Illinois said: mine is karyni@earthlink.net

To Lyn in Chicago: mine is dfr110@gmail.com

Lyn in Chicago, Illinois

40 months ago

I don't think Casi has notes anymore.
Here is what some of the others have sent me....
Noo,is not 90% Images only,but I can tell may be 45%.Carefully with:GYN- muscles,ligaments,Uterus -normal size,proportions for ages,endometr.line big !!!!and how is appearance in the Images,menstrual cycle days,ovulation phase,First trimester pregnancy-weeks for formation organs,time to disapear corpus luteum/week or days /,time for closure guts/abd.wall/,
hormonal production and which hormon is responsible for what in the cycle,Functional ovarian cysts,appearance how in the images,All of the diseases ,syndroms .You have to know first two most specifical indication for diseases and first cause associated for this.
Images- have to know head,abd.circumference,thorasic circumference,position for measurments and
landmarks.Position for the fetus.
Alot on endometrium, pre and post menopausal. Anatomic positions ie: the vagina lies ? in relation to the rectum and the urethra, something like that. MSAFP goes with what if elevated. If you have Edlemens review book for OB/GYN really read that, alot is on the test from him. I didnt think it was very hard though. The questions weren't long and drawn out like I thought they would be, I expected a long story like question on symptoms and the questions were really short and to the point. On the heart just know the anatomy and what goes with displacement of the mitral and tri cuspid valves what is that called? ASD and VSD.
questions from postmenopause, landmarks for BPD, AC, an image for the lie of the fetus.
postural hypotention in pregnant woman during US exa...
polysistic kidneys, MSAFP in which condition?, an image for cervical incompetency,3 questions from physics,
No maternal diseases,no very early gestation
image for polysystic ovaries, but options were very confusing
Overall,paper was very easy and images were few

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

40 months ago

Lyn in Chicago, Illinois said: I don't think Casi has notes anymore.
Here is what some of the others have sent me....
Noo,is not 90% Images only,but I can tell may be 45%.Carefully with:GYN- muscles,ligaments,Uterus -normal size,proportions for ages,endometr.line big !!!!and how is appearance in the Images,menstrual cycle days,ovulation phase,First trimester pregnancy-weeks for formation organs,time to disapear corpus luteum/week or days /,time for closure guts/abd.wall/,
hormonal production and which hormon is responsible for what in the cycle,Functional ovarian cysts,appearance how in the images,All of the diseases ,syndroms .You have to know first two most specifical indication for diseases and first cause associated for this.
Images- have to know head,abd.circumference,thorasic circumference,position for measurments and
landmarks.Position for the fetus.
Alot on endometrium, pre and post menopausal. Anatomic positions ie: the vagina lies ? in relation to the rectum and the urethra, something like that. MSAFP goes with what if elevated. If you have Edlemens review book for OB/GYN really read that, alot is on the test from him. I didnt think it was very hard though. The questions weren't long and drawn out like I thought they would be, I expected a long story like question on symptoms and the questions were really short and to the point. On the heart just know the anatomy and what goes with displacement of the mitral and tri cuspid valves what is that called? ASD and VSD.
questions from postmenopause, landmarks for BPD, AC, an image for the lie of the fetus.
postural hypotention in pregnant woman during US exa...
polysistic kidneys, MSAFP in which condition?, an image for cervical incompetency,3 questions from physics,
No maternal diseases,no very early gestation
image for polysystic ovaries, but options were very confusing
Overall,paper was very easy and images were few

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dfr110 in Hobbs, New Mexico

37 months ago

I will be taking the OB/GYN registry on 10/17. What have you found to be beneficial to study. I have the ESP stuff, x-zone, Davis, Mosby, Flash Cards, Appleton & Lange, and "Examination Review for Ultrasound" by Penny. I am simply trying to narrow down what to concentrate on for the next month. I think common opinions out there would recommend the ESP material and I personally really like the new book by Penny but what do you all think? Also any specific helpful comments, like the ones above from Lyn of Chi town would be appreciated. For those to be taking the test in the future one of my classmates just took the registry. S/he mentioned that there was an unusual amount of neurosonology and cardiac questions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Loren in Orange, California

36 months ago

I"m getting ready for OB exam. Any OB cd that I can buy? Is Davis good for this or X zone?

36 months ago

Loren in Orange, California said: I"m getting ready for OB exam. Any OB cd that I can buy? Is Davis good for this or X zone?

Loren, I will be taking the OB/GYN on the 12th of Nov. Had to delay it a few weeks due to various reasons. Anyway, I really recommend the new book by Penny. The Davis CD is ok as is the ESP x zone but the review available on the internet from Penny is far superior. I have a MAC version of the Davis CD which I would be willing to sell to you after the 12th.

36 months ago

Great! I have Mac also... Good Luck!

35 months ago

Loren in Orange, California said: I"m getting ready for OB exam. Any OB cd that I can buy? Is Davis good for this or X zone?

LOREN,

I PASSES THE REGISTRY THIS PAST SATURDAY MORNING.

DO YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE DAVIS MAC CD?

boggles in Florida

34 months ago

dfr110 in Seminole, Texas said: LOREN,

I PASSES THE REGISTRY THIS PAST SATURDAY MORNING.

DO YOU WANT TO PURCHASE THE DAVIS MAC CD?

Congrats!!! I have the Davies... so is that what you mainly focused on?
Thanks

boggles in Florida

34 months ago

Vegas Or Bust in Denver, Colorado

???? I don't understand what you are referring to???

MissLys in NY, New York

34 months ago

Hi Everyone,

I am selling my Davies ObGyn Review book on Amazon.com. There is no CD with it, just the book. If you are interested, please buy it from me, MissLys on Amazon.com.
Thank you and good luck!

MissLys in NY, New York

34 months ago

I am also selling 2 other books you may be interested in as well:
Ultrasound Review of Obstetrics and Gynecology by Hickey, Janice
Ultrasound Review of the Abdomen, Male Pelvis and Small Parts by Hickey, Janice

Go to Amazon.com and buy it from me, MissLys, thanks :)!

34 months ago

boggles in Florida said: Congrats!!! I have the Davies... so is that what you mainly focused on?
Thanks

How Much?

MissLys in NY, New York

34 months ago

I am selling my Davies OB book on Amazon for 45.00 if anyone is interested. Please go to Amazon.com and nuy it from me, MissLys. Thank you!!

MissLys in NY, New York

34 months ago

Loren in Orange, California said: How Much?

I am selling it for $45.00 if you are interested in my Davies OB book, on Amazon.com.

MissLys in NY, New York

34 months ago

I am selling my Davies OB book for $44.25 if you are interested in it on Amazon.com. My name there is MissLys

dfeliciano in Passaic, New Jersey

32 months ago

Hey, I'm currently studying for my OB registry and I'm only using the ESP workbook. I just wanted to know what anyone else used to study? Is this book enough? Need some guidance...Thank u!!

Jobless Sono Tech in Corpus Christi, Texas

32 months ago

LeslieAg07 in College Station, Texas said: Was hoping some of you could help me out. I'm about to sit for the OB/GYN exam and wanted to get some input from those of you have taken it.
What kinds of questions did ARDMS ask about ovarian tumors? There are SO many of them. I'm wondering if I need to memorize which are epithial, stromal, and germ cell tumors. Surely they wouldn't ask me to differentiate between the tumors sonographically, right? I think most of them look the same.
Anything about the exam you all can remember would be really really helpful. I'm taking it May 28th!!

I only used ESP but I did look at the website she gave us. & made a really high score. There was a bunch of dandy walker, neuro tube defects sacral tumor, I would say know all in that book but for the tumors if it has a defining factor that makes it different then know that for it ex. if it secretes a hormone

Sheila in Rural Hall, North Carolina

31 months ago

Jobless Sono Tech in Corpus Christi, Texas said: I only used ESP but I did look at the website she gave us. & made a really high score. There was a bunch of dandy walker, neuro tube defects sacral tumor, I would say know all in that book but for the tumors if it has a defining factor that makes it different then know that for it ex. if it secretes a hormone

Would you be interested in selling your esp workbook? I am not able to attend the class and cant find the book anywhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amybeth in Lake Elsinore, California

30 months ago

Does anyone have the ESP OB/GYN workbook? I am in need of one... please let me know! thanks!

Amybmartindale@hotmail.com

Dana

28 months ago

Hi everyone, I would love if you would e-mail me the pointers from the ob/gyn test!! My e-mail is db727kl@aol.com I will be taking the test in a month-i already been studying the Davies OBGYN book. I would greatly appreciate it!

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.