Keeping the Unit Secretary Position

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (11)

Ms. Liz in Lafayette, Tennessee

64 months ago

Well folks, remember how thankful I was to have put all of my faith into my job search and have received this wonderful position? I'm here to tell you, I made one big mistake...I had been so board, because I didn't feel I had enough to do, that I took the inititive to learn EKG's, vitals, and would do just about anything else requested, like giving water, blankets, and the like to patients (upon permission from RNs). It was a mistake, because I got so good at it, that I was given a manditory transfer as a One-on-One Caregiver. Take it from me, the other secretary was satisfied not having enough to do. Don't make the same mistake I did. Best Wishes, Ms. Liz

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pcaldea in Mcdonough, Georgia

64 months ago

Hi there,

Can you explain what is a one on one caregiver? I thought nurses were the ones giving most of the care. And by the way good for you for learning and being helpful :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

Thank you! Sure, I'd be happy to tell you...
A one-on-one caregiver, is a person who litterally gives all of the care for the patient, that that patient is going to get...bathe, dress, feed, take vitals, whatever that perticular patient needs. In these kind of patient's care, an RN never enters the room except to relieve you so that you can take break. Hope this helped.

LindaM in Barrington, Illinois

64 months ago

Ms. Liz in Lafayette, Tennessee said: Well folks, remember how thankful I was to have put all of my faith into my job search and have received this wonderful position? I'm here to tell you, I made one big mistake...I had been so board, because I didn't feel I had enough to do, that I took the inititive to learn EKG's, vitals, and would do just about anything else requested, like giving water, blankets, and the like to patients (upon permission from RNs). It was a mistake, because I got so good at it, that I was given a manditory transfer as a One-on-One Caregiver. Take it from me, the other secretary was satisfied not having enough to do. Don't make the same mistake I did. Best Wishes, Ms. Liz

Sometimes the better you are and the more you do-the more that is expected, but I am glad you are positively recognized.

64 months ago

Thank you! I have always genuninely loved people. I just hope it continues to show in my work.

t in Pompano Beach, Florida

64 months ago

Ms. Liz in Lafayette, Tennessee said: Thank you! I have always genuninely loved people. I just hope it continues to show in my work.

Why do you say that it is a mistake? patients need compassionate people like you, you are a SHINING STAR! that's how they recognize
good people like you at my job. Don't feel or think that it's a mistake just look at it in a more positive way and Thank The LORD. You can teach other's what true patient care is, because you have a heart for people. You are a true example of a nurse, you truly care about the patient from your heart now that's true patient care. Keep up the whole hearted work, continue to put your whole heart into your work and other's may follow. You are an example to others. GOD BLESS YOU!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

wd in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

63 months ago

I am intrested in being a unit secratary but i'm not sure where to find classes in Ft. Lauderdale to become certified. I would appreciate it if any one could help..Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ms. B in Hollywood, Florida

63 months ago

wd in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am intrested in being a unit secratary but i'm not sure where to find classes in Ft. Lauderdale to become certified. I would appreciate it if any one could help..Thanks

Check Atlantic Technical Center(Coconut Creek, FL) and Sheridan Technical Center(Hollywood, FL).....they both have Health Unit Coordinator programs(unit secretary). I'm not sure if Coconut Creek is in Boca Raton or Fort Lauderdale, but it should be close to either. Go look at their website to find all the information for admission. Hope that Helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ms. B in Hollywood, Florida

63 months ago

wd in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: I am intrested in being a unit secratary but i'm not sure where to find classes in Ft. Lauderdale to become certified. I would appreciate it if any one could help..Thanks

I wanted to add another one that I found right in fort lauderdale. They have Health Unit Coordinator Training Program as well. They have a phone# but I can't post it.....I'm sure you could look it up though.

CORAL RIDGE TRAINING SCHOOL
2121 W. Oakland Park Blvd. Suite 8
Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33311

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wd in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

62 months ago

Thank you so much for the information.

alphaacad in Hollywood, Florida

53 months ago

I would like to find the Unit secretary course in Miami !!! Can some one help? Miami Dade College does not have it !!

Thanks

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.