What are the best van driver qualifications and training to get ahead?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

What is the best training for becoming a van driver? What types of ongoing training or certifications are necessary to be an effective van driver?

What do non-traditional career paths look like?

Reply - Report abuse

Aretha Brown in Chicago, Illinois

75 months ago

how do i start my own van driving business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Coyle in York, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

Here is a company that does a defensive driver safety course for NON CDL truck, they certify you in a 15ft to 24ft straight truck. The class is only 5 days long but gives you the certification needed to get a drivers job. The best part is they come to you, or your business to train. The company is called Ambassador Driver Safety Training LTD. (717)577-1118 is the number.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

steve86 in Chicago, Illinois

55 months ago

i need training so i can get a job driving van.i also was thinking of buying my own van but a company for work. can anyone help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chauffeur jobs in Earth, New York

54 months ago

All driving jobs start with a clean driving record. You can obtain this from the DMV. Good trick to submit a copy of this report with all aplications for driving jobs. Also many states have inexpensive defensive driving courses, good to take and submit with application. Chauffeur training and certification is a good recommend as well. The whole idea is to make up for your lack of experiance with certificates. This shows initiative and desire to be a driver. The Job Market is competetive, invest in yourself as much as possible. Companies are always looking for quality people, this is how they further themselves. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chauffeur jobs in Earth, New York

54 months ago

Aretha Brown in Chicago, Illinois said: how do i start my own van driving business.

The best thing to do before starting any business is to get a job at it. Once you achieve employment get focused on learning to be great at it. This is benefitial in many ways. Sucessful business owners are great at what they do. Learn the ins and outs of the industry. Learn from thier mistakes and thier achievments. This also will help you truly decide if this is what you want to do.

Good Luck. Apply yourself, I believe anyone can do anything.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.