Is there a dress code?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

blu87 in Vienna, Virginia

48 months ago

I know this is silly, but is there some sort of dress code for veterinary assistants?

Also, I'm trying to get a job as an assistant and the boss wants me to go with him to make house calls. I would be assisting him and restraining the animals. What should I wear? Since I'll be working with animals, I don't think I should dress too nice. But it seems like I should wear something nicer than jeans and a plaid shirt. I want to make a good impression.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

48 months ago

For interviews, you would want to wear nice pants (not jeans) and shirt. For work, typically the dress code is scrubs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

kmpacyna in Great Falls, Virginia

43 months ago

He should supply you with scrubs - in any Veterinary practice - I think nationwide whether you are a Vet Asst or a Vet Tech, you are issued or compensated for buying scrubs - unless your total focus is front desk/reception...you should be wearing furnished or re-imbursed scrubs -

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

43 months ago

No, you are not always issued or compensated for buying scrubs. In fact, more often than not you are not supplied with or compensated for buying cloths.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kmpacyna in Great Falls, Virginia

43 months ago

that's because you live and work in Henderson TX - which is (admit it) a very very rural part of TX - for those of those that do not know - google it - 99.9% of places either supply you with scrubs or give you an allowance....sorry cindyrvt you might want to ask for that during your next review...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

ryan288 in Raleigh, North Carolina

4 months ago

They should compensate you for your scrubs. I suggest getting some scrubs that will last awhile and are easy to clean. I got some of these <a href="elitevetproducts.com/">vet scrubs</a> and they have been great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ryan288 in Raleigh, North Carolina

4 months ago

Sorry, the link is elitevetproducts.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.