Veterinary Assistant/Nurse

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

jane_sadler@tiscali.co.uk in United Kingdom

67 months ago

I became a qualified RANA at 21 years of age. I am now 48 and although I am working, I would like to get back into the profession. I have not practised as a nurse for 20 years now, as I gave up because hours were unsociable to bring up my family.
I realise that things have changed now. Would I have to start as a veterinary assistant again? I guess that I would have to do another refresher course to re-confirm my qualification. I am not really wanting to re-train but just get back to doing something which has always been a passion. What hourly rates could I expect to achieve as a starting point. I am looking in the west midlands/staffordshire. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as not knowing where to start!
Many Thanks
Jane

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Annaluisa in Green Bay, Wisconsin

67 months ago

jane_sadler@tiscali.co.uk in United Kingdom said: I became a qualified RANA at 21 years of age. I am now 48 and although I am working, I would like to get back into the profession. I have not practised as a nurse for 20 years now, as I gave up because hours were unsociable to bring up my family.
I realise that things have changed now. Would I have to start as a veterinary assistant again? I guess that I would have to do another refresher course to re-confirm my qualification. I am not really wanting to re-train but just get back to doing something which has always been a passion. What hourly rates could I expect to achieve as a starting point. I am looking in the west midlands/staffordshire. Any help would be greatly appreciated, as not knowing where to start!
Many Thanks
Jane

hey would like to Be one of these but what do you have to know in school

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Estelle in Perth, Australia

65 months ago

Hi, you do not need ro re-take any exams but you are best to re-register with the RCVS. You will need your original certificate/letter saying you passed your exam and they can enter you on th register. Just mention to any prospective employers that you have been out of the field for so long

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

John in Ilford, United Kingdom

28 months ago

Hi im 22 and i really want to be a Assistant vet nurse. But i did no GCSEs at school when i was 16 i went to college and did 3 animal care courses NVQ and level 1 in animal care and a national stificort in animal care but the thing that i really find hard sometimes is reading and writing and i think thats what will make it hard for me Someone told me about doing a ANA course i was wondering if anyone could give me some advice
thanks for your time John

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.