What are typical veterinary assistant salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

Nicole

85 months ago

What college do you think you'll need in this career?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Joslyn in Bridgetown, Nova Scotia

84 months ago

Nicole said: What college do you think you'll need in this career?

i know a collage you can go to that has a pretty good coures. two years and dosent cost too much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Heather

83 months ago

I currently work as a veterinary assistant. College is not required to get a job as an assistant. The person that responded to you before was probaly thinking of a veterinary techician, which does take 2 years of college to become.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Heather

83 months ago

Usually experience is the best way to get a good starting pay. Being skilled in restraining animals, using laboratory equipment, and drawing blood are all good ways to get a good starting pay. If you do not have these skills most vets will still hire you, and will train you on these skills. Depending upon the area that you live in will also hurt/help your starting pay. Some vets in small towns may only start you out at minimum wage, others may pay reasonably well. Good Luck:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shanyra

78 months ago

Joslyn in Bridgetown, Nova Scotia said: i know a collage you can go to that has a pretty good coures. two years and dosent cost too much.

where at

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.