Veterinary Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (178) - Start a Discussion

JB in Ellicott City, Maryland

Updated 47 months ago

WHERE DO I BEGiN??? VET TECH schooling - 4 Replies

So after looking at online programs and courses I have it somewhate narrowed down to two options. There is Penn Foster and Mt SAC. I have ZERO...

Kathy, RVT in Skipperville, Alabama

Updated 48 months ago

On Line Schools, and Modified Knots?? - 4 Replies

We have two tech students from an online school doing some of their practicals at our practice. They are required to do a Modified Knotts for HW. ...

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

Updated 48 months ago

SPC College for Vet Tech Program? Also, AA vs. BA? Volunteering at the SPCA? - 1 Reply

Hello! I have a few questions. Have any of you attended SPC? DO you reccommend the program? I see they have a BS option. Are there any advantes of...

crystal in Saint Michael, Minnesota

Updated 49 months ago

Finding a vet assistant job - 2 Replies

What is the best way to find openings for vet assistant jobs? I have found Indeed to be the best site for posing job openings. Should I just call...

Paisley in Stillwater, Oklahoma

Updated 49 months ago

Is it worth it? - 1 Reply

I'm 18 and have recently graduated from high school. I have been thinking about becoming a vet tech. The last semester of my senior year I...

Updated 50 months ago

Vet Service Job - 1 Reply

I recently got a job working at a pet grooming, boarding, and daycare center, as well as observing and volunteering at an animal hospital. I am only...

Considering in Reading, Pennsylvania

Vet hospital positions

I am wondering what type of pay I could expect if working administration within a vet office? How difficult would it be to reach a salary of 38-40k...

Updated 51 months ago

License Tranfer from Ga to Washington ??? - 1 Reply

Hi All, I will be moving to Whidbey Island WA in May of next year and have been trying to find out what I need to do to transfer my license? I...

lejla14 in magna, Utah

Updated 52 months ago

Interview for practicing Vet Techs-project - 6 Replies

Hi! I am doing a project for my intro to biomed class on starting a career as a Vet Tech, I would really appreciate if any practicing techs would...

Big H in Houston, Texas

Updated 52 months ago

Boom or bust? - 10 Replies

Are jobs in this industry on the rise? Are there any sub-sectors that are growing? Where are the jobs? Which places have the most veterinary...

roman in London, United Kingdom

Updated 54 months ago

jobs - 2 Replies

I am trying to get in to a clinic to do my clinicals and I am having a hard time can anyone help me

Amanda in Tampa, Florida

Part Time Jobs Common?

Is it common enough for vet tech or assistant jobs to be available for part time hours to pursue this career, if I need to work only 20-30 hours per...

C. Gray in Portland, Oregon

Updated 54 months ago

LVT or RVT or CVT - 7 Replies

Hi I am trying to find out which states are still excepting the grandfather law to be able to take the Vet Exam with only on the job expierence....

Updated 55 months ago

Starting out.. - 1 Reply

I plan to start the Vet Tech program At Jefferson State Community College in AL in the spring. I have no job experience whatsoever. I would have a...

Updated 55 months ago

Deciding between campus or online Vet Tech courses - 5 Replies

I graduated in 1999 with a BS, have since been managing at various horse farms, and now would like to return to school to go for a VT license. I was...

TanCatLuvr in Kissimmee, Florida

Need some to hold my hand and walk me through this...

I am 44 and just lost my job of 13 years. I have been involved in rescue and volunteered at the Humane Society. I want to follow my (low paid)...

Updated 56 months ago

can anybody suggest something? - 2 Replies

I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place. I already have a bachelors degree in Social Work... Believe it or not, it was using animals in...

Updated 56 months ago

Does my degree carry overseas? - 1 Reply

I was wondering if anyone knows if a Pennsylvania Vet Tech degree is transferable overseas. I am planing to eventually move out of the country and...

Updated 56 months ago

I want to go to a awesome tech school or college for veterinarian assistant - 3 Replies

Please contact me if u kno anything!

Jaykj in Wilmington, North Carolina

Updated 56 months ago

NC state boards - 1 Reply

What should I expect to see on the state board exam for NC? Can anyone who has taken the test give me an idea of what is important to know?

DavidChamp83aol.com

Updated 57 months ago

Equine Vet Tech - 11 Replies

I am enrolling in the St Petersburg College program this fall. I would like to specialize in Equine. How do I do that? I realize that I might have to...

KAT the Dog Lover in Long Beach, California

Updated 57 months ago

Need some Life changing advice! - 1 Reply

Ive been a hairstylist for 5 years, and although I love being creative, theres two problems. 1) I only make about 15,000 dollars a year including...

xfxazknight in Oakland, California

Updated 57 months ago

Vet Tech Classes - 3 Replies

Hi my name is samantha and im currently enrolled in homeschool, I'm 17 and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could go to take a Vet class...

karakramer in Greenfield, Indiana

Vet Tech Institute at the International Business College

I want to know if anyone has been through this program. How did you like it (or not like it)? Would you recommend it? How hard (or easy) was it to...

Updated 58 months ago

To be the best... - 11 Replies

What are the top 3 traits or skills every veterinary technician must have to excel? Can you suggest any tips or insights to develop your veterinary...

randy in Douala, Cameroon

Updated 58 months ago

Veterinary Council of USA - 6 Replies

I'm a vet nurse in RSA, and need to know which council/body I need to contact in the USA if I am wanting to move over and work in the USA. If anyone...

Updated 58 months ago

Can a vet tech be part owner of a vet practice in Colorado? - 1 Reply

I am wondering if it is legal for a vet tech to be part owner of a vet practice as long as the other partner is a licensed veterinarian? I've been...

Updated 58 months ago

Can a Certified Surgical Technologist work as a Veterinary Technician or Assistant? - 2 Replies

Hello everyone, I'm a Surgical Tech student. I like surgical field, and I also love animals, dogs especially. I used to think about becoming a...

K. in Rancho Palos Verdes, California

Updated 59 months ago

Vet Tech Salary? - 6 Replies

Ok so I looked it up & for Scottsdale, AZ where I live, the average Vet Tech makes $27K/yr where as in New York the average Vet Tech makes $32 -...

SS in Pullman, Washington

Updated 59 months ago

Finding a clinical mentor for distance learning programs - 1 Reply

Does anyone have any advice about finding a vet who would be willing to serve as the clinical mentor for the hands-on part of distance...

Updated 59 months ago

vet tech schools in New York - 2 Replies

Hi everybody. New York has bunch of vet tech schools - SUNY Delhi, SUNY Canton, SUNY Alfred, Mercy College, Medaille, LaGuardia Community College and...

ssexton.sexton@gmail.com in Asheville, North Carolina

i need a job in asheville nc

i just moved here a week ago. i worked at harlan lab. in va. and i worked there for 15 years as an senior animal tech i need a job really bad and i...

fastdogs in st louis, Missouri

Updated 60 months ago

Is 53 too old to start being a CVT? How much stress on back to expect? - 4 Replies

I really need some hard advice. I want to be a CVT very much but an concerned about age discrimination since I would be 55 when I graduated. This is...

Updated 60 months ago

Becoming a certified tech - 1 Reply

I just had a few questions on the qualifications. I have a bachelor's in zoology and never went to a two-year curriculum in veterinary technology. In...

Updated 61 months ago

vet technician - 1 Reply

I am a vet tech and I need my clinical hours and I just can't find anywhere to get into to do my clinicals

Updated 62 months ago

Veterinary Technician Distance Programs - 3 Replies

Hi, Is anyone enrolled in Purdue's distance program? If you are how do you like it and the help you receive from the university? Is the cost per...

Slugbug63 in Morris, Oklahoma

Updated 62 months ago

Tulsa CCC - 5 Replies

I was just wondering if anyone is from Oklahoma and/or if anyone has attended CCC in Tulsa? I'm interested in attending the Vet Tech program and I'm...

Updated 63 months ago

Need Info on vet tech - 18 Replies

I'd like to know if anyone has gone to any schools in Southern California for vet tech and had success? There is so many and Im not sure which are...

Updated 63 months ago

Heartworm Treatment - 1 Reply

Hey all, At my job we have decided to switch our HW Tx protocol to the "Split Treatment". The patient recieves 3 total injections of immiticide. I...

SarahB_LVT in Temple, Texas

Updated 63 months ago

getting through school - 2 Replies

i'm a 2nd year vet tech student and have found just going to school is becoming mentally and emotionally draining, even though i've done well in...

KAT the Dog Lover in Long Beach, California

Updated 63 months ago

Has anyone here actually graduated or know anyone who has graduated from an online vet tech program? - 5 Replies

I've decided against an online program because it seems that in all of the forums I've come across on the internet I've found no one who has...

Updated 64 months ago

Vet Tech to interview - 1 Reply

I am looking to apply to the Peirce College Vet Tech program. The application process requires me to ask several questions of a Vet Tech. The...

Updated 64 months ago

What would be the path to take to become a vet tech in a zoo? - 4 Replies

After completing a 2 year program to achieve a vet tech license what could be done to improve the chances of being able to work as a vet tech in a...

Updated 64 months ago

vet tech - 1 Reply

i graduated highschool two years ago and i have been very interested in being a vet tech and eventually being a certified vet i live in southern...

Amanda in Lake City, Florida

Updated 65 months ago

Any vet tech from walla walla WA or near, i would appreciate some help - 3 Replies

I am currently in walla walla WA and i am taking online courses to be a vet tech, i just have a few questions. 1) Do the practices in walla walla...

John Duktig in Lithonia, Georgia

Updated 65 months ago

Extension of - Is 53 too old - 1 Reply

I should have mentioned I do have a B.S. in Mass Communications so could pursue a four year degree in research if that is possible. I've been doing...

kitty lynn in Moorhead, Minnesota

Updated 65 months ago

asking questions about the profession - 3 Replies

For anyone with questions about the veterinary technology profession, let me make a couple of suggestions. First, you need to look at the...

RVT in Asheville, North Carolina

Raises..

How often do most of you RVT's get a raise? I've been with the same clinic for 4 years and I have only been given one raise to this point. I make a...

Updated 66 months ago

Please help- Crossroads in life, unsure of what to do- happiness, money, AA degree, LVT!? - 1 Reply

Hello all, I am so pleased to have found an online forum related to vet/vet techs that is active with posts as recent as today! I've recently...

Updated 66 months ago

SCHOOLS?? - 1 Reply

What schools are there in San Diego County/Orange County for a Vet Tech degree???

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.