How Competitive is Colorado for Vet Techs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Meig in Spring Grove, Illinois

30 months ago

We're considering a move to the Fort Collins, CO area in a couple of years. I have a CVT friend who used to live in Colorado and she said that vet tech jobs there are extremely competitive, and even if you were the best in your class as a CVT, you would have a hard time finding a job as a tech there. She also said that since there are so many tech schools in Colorado, you have to be certified to even be considered for a position.

I want to know how accurate this description is, as I am a tech and would want to find a job out there. I am taking the VTNE in July, so I will be a CVT when we plan to move out there in a couple of years. But I don't want to move to an area where I will have trouble finding a job, so is it really is THAT competitive for tech jobs in Fort Collins, or even just in Colorado?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

29 months ago

I would highly recommend that you contact the Colorado Veterinary Technician Association with your questions. They are in a much better position to know the accurate answers to your questions. www.cacvt.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.