Do I need these courses for my Associates degree at San Juan?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Michele in Tacoma, Washington

21 months ago

I'm going to do their distance learning vet tech program. Do I HAVE to complete these courses or are they simply recommended?

General Studies Classes: It is strongly recommended that these courses be completed before entering Tier Two.
-General Biology I or Approved Substitution
-Technical Writing and Composition or Freshman Composition
-Applied Mathematics for Technical Students or Approved Substitution
-Interpersonal Communication or Approved Substitution
-Humanities Elective or Approved Substitution

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

21 months ago

Also, does anyone know if the tuition has taxes and if so does MyCAA cover that beyond the $4,000 allowance?

21 months ago

Nevermind.

KAT the Dog Lover in Long Beach, California

21 months ago

Michelle, the SJC Vet Tech program is for an AAS degree, and the curriculum requires several GE courses.

You may fulfill the required courses at a local community college and have the transcripts sent to SJC when completed (this can save you quite a bit of money: WA resident tuition in Tacoma vs. online/non-resident tuition at SJC).

Talk to Sherry at SJC and an academic counselor at your local community college to make sure the courses will transfer. (Intermediate Algebra should suffice for the math requirement.)

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

21 months ago

Those courses are indeed required and as KAT said you can choose to get them through a different college, but they must be completed in order to complete your degree.

You will need to contact SJC's financial aid department about the fees, taxes etc and what MyCAA will cover.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.