Vet Tech Classes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Samantha Lynn in El Cajon, California

54 months ago

Hi my name is samantha and im currently enrolled in homeschool, I'm 17 and I was just wondering if anyone knew where I could go to take a Vet class here in san diego, I am willing to pay also. Thank you for your help. Pos

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

xfxazknight in Oakland, California

52 months ago

Same here well for San leandro, I heard San Diego Mesa College have a good Animal Health Program. I work for the zoo and they told me with that degree you could do Veterinary Tech or a Zoo keeper(experience with exotic animals prefer).

On that note, Does anyone here know if Western Career College Vet Tech program is accredited? Is it worth 32k, well I just did the entrance exam and my test for my prereqs and manage to come down to 24k for the intuition with grants. My class won't start till July 19th, but I'm having my doubts. Did anyone graduated from here and have a problem finding a job?

KAT the DogLover in Long Beach, California

52 months ago

Hi Samantha Lunn and xfxazknight. There are several options for northern and southern Cali. Samantha Lynn, you might check into your local community or junior college, or, since you are home-schooled, you could look into distance learning (although you will need to resource your own externship facility). xfxazknight, there are many schools in NoCal; San Leandro seems close to you.

Check out the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA) site. It has good information about educational programs and professional opportunities:
www.avma.org/

For AVMA-accredited veterinary colleges in California go here:
www.avma.org/education/cvea/colleges_accredited/california.asp

For AVMA-accredited vet tech programs in California go here:
www.avma.org/education/cvea/vettech_programs/california.asp

For AVMA-accredited veterinary technology distance learning programs go here:
www.avma.org/education/cvea/vettech_distance_learning.asp

Western Career College in San Leandro has full AVMA accreditation status.

xfxazknight in Oakland, California

52 months ago

Kat the Doglover you're the best. Thank you Thank you. Hmph but I'm a cat lover. hehe

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.