Veterinary Council of USA

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Joanne Merry in Johannesburg, South Africa

83 months ago

I'm a vet nurse in RSA, and need to know which council/body I need to contact in the USA if I am wanting to move over and work in the USA. If anyone can help me it would be great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

motion t in American Samoa

83 months ago

When you look for a job, do you find yourself going to Career Builder, Monster, Dice, Hot Jobs, etc. sites, and performing searches on each of those sites? If that is the case then Job Finder is for you. It can find jobs for you from all the above websites and more. You mention all your search criteria from one platform and it does all the heavy work of finding jobs based on your criteria from all www.motiont.com/jobfinder.aspx
www.motiont.com

Kelello Sekgothe in Mmabatho, South Africa

81 months ago

Im studying animal health and would like to get notices when jobs are posted for my qualifications.2009 will be my final year and i would appriciate it if indeed would email me those posts.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

74 months ago

There is no national council that oversees veterinary technicians (we can't use the term nurse in the US due to legals issues). You will need to look into credentialing laws for veterinary technicians in the state you are planning to move to. If you can tell me which state you wish to move to I can help you find the information you need. Or you can do a bit of research on this website on your own: www.navta.net Just be aware that NAVTA is not a licensing body--it is a social organiziation that is designed to help promote the profession and allow for veterinary technicians to have more access to continuing education materials and lobby for changes regarding laws in the US.

PALIME in Maseru, Lesotho

69 months ago

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas said: There is no national council that oversees veterinary technicians (we can't use the term nurse in the US due to legals issues). You will need to look into credentialing laws for veterinary technicians in the state you are planning to move to. If you can tell me which state you wish to move to I can help you find the information you need. Or you can do a bit of research on this website on your own: www.navta.net Just be aware that NAVTA is not a licensing body--it is a social organiziation that is designed to help promote the profession and allow for veterinary technicians to have more access to continuing education materials and lobby for changes regarding laws in the US.

West Virginia is my desired location

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

69 months ago

For West Virginia, you must meet certain requirements to use the title "veterinary technician" or "technician" including being registered by the state veterinary licensing board. They require graduation from a WV state veterinary board approved veterinary technology program in order to sit for the Veterinary Technician National Exam and the state jurisprudence exam. This most likely means that you will need to attend an AVMA accredited veterinary technology program here in the US in order to sit for the exams. If you have questions about your education and qualifications you should contact the WV Veterinary Medical Board:
Executive Director Wanda Goodwin email: wgoodwin@wvnet.edu

Here are some links that will be of use to you:

www.wvlicensingboards.com/vetmed/regs/reg26-03.pdf Regulations governing registration of veterinary technicians

www.wvbvm.org/RVT_application.html application

randy in Douala, Cameroon

62 months ago

i am a veterinary technician , graduated in 2006 and have been working in the private sector for the past years. i wish to have information on any job anywhere where i can practise well under good condition. i also need to know if there is any veterinary association that i can joint in the USA or in europe. please if there are any then help me to know i wish to upgrade my know how and to earn a living from my proffession.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.