Which Online School?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (9)

Marj in Watertown, New York

40 months ago

So I have applied and been accepted to San Juan, Now here is my question, IF I do the online classes, will I now have to wait until spring term to start them, since fall term has started? If thats the case can someone else suggest a school I can start close to right away, after applying that accepts FAFSA?

I had to put off school due to a move across country and now that we are here I am eager to get started right away, and I have to do distance learning!

Thanks in Advance!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

40 months ago

You should ask San Juan's vet tech advisor about that. They can give you a definitive answer.

As for starting a vet tech program in spring, most of them are set up to offer only set courses each semester and you have to start in the fall.

KATtheDogLover in Long Beach, California

40 months ago

Marj, definitely check with Sherry about late-start classes for Fall '11. SJC's tuition deadline was just before regular classes started, but Sherry can give you more accurate information and guide you through the process.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Morgan in Keithville, Louisiana

39 months ago

I'm currently in the vet tech program at San Juan. They have the delayed start classes but those just started on Monday. Call Sherry Hair and she will be able to help you, she is extremely nice!

Jessie in Statesville, North Carolina

31 months ago

Morgan in Keithville, Louisiana said: I'm currently in the vet tech program at San Juan. They have the delayed start classes but those just started on Monday. Call Sherry Hair and she will be able to help you, she is extremely nice!

Morgan- how do you like the San Juan vet tech program? Getting ready to get started in it and want to get as much info as possible. Do you have any complaints?

BinkyBinky in Apo

31 months ago

Jessie in Statesville, North Carolina said: Morgan- how do you like the San Juan vet tech program? Getting ready to get started in it and want to get as much info as possible. Do you have any complaints?

This is Morgan, it won't let me log on for some reason. Anyways, I'm two semesters away from finishing up tier 1 and I have no complaints :) I love the staff and everyone that I have met in the program. It's so simple to use and I love the fact that all the class have a way of "overlapping" each other if that makes any sense. Like you'll be reading about something in Pharmacology and then when you switch over to your other class theres a little section in that class too so it kind of ties together even if its a small amount, I've found that it helps me understand it all better. I don't know if that makes any sense lol

BinkyBinky in Apo

31 months ago

If you have Facebook they have a group for the program and it has some of the staff on there as well. It's a closed group, but I'm sure I could add you too it if you wanted :) It's called San Juan College (New Mexico) Vet Tech if you can't find it go to facebook . com / groups/ 204 649 063 59 (no spaces)

Jessie in Drexel, North Carolina

31 months ago

Thanks Morgan! I went to the Facebook group page and requested to join....

How long will it take you to finish the entire program?

Morgan in Apo

31 months ago

Jessie in Drexel, North Carolina said: Thanks Morgan! I went to the Facebook group page and requested to join....

How long will it take you to finish the entire program?

Were you added into the group? I went to add you but it wasn't showing any new requests, if you want you can add me as a friend and I can manually add you into the group. When I called and set up my first appointment Sheri gave me an estimated finish date of August 2014, I've been taking about 3 classes a semester so may take me a bit longer than that

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.