What's a good Veterinary Technician/Assistant school?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

David in San Francisco, California

20 months ago

Hi all,

I've just moved to SF area from NY. I have been working in IT in for last 8 years. I have always been an animal lover and I have always contemplated being a VT but the minimal income held me back. Now I have finally made up my mind to pursuit my dream to work with animals and am considering getting a degree as a CVT/LVT but I'm unsure which school is the best?

Any career advice would be much appreciated~!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

20 months ago

Does it have to be in San Fran?

David in San Francisco, California

20 months ago

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado said: Does it have to be in San Fran?

Yes since we just moved out here literally a month ago. Something outside of SF including the bay area would still work.

If there are any good ones online that could work too.

Thanks!

Unemployed Paralegal in Denver, Colorado

20 months ago

BelRea Institute is a good vet tech school. Our vet has used many of its graduates and interns. Unfortunately, it's not in San Francisco.

I just would say strictly from the outside looking in the job appears to be high-turnover. We had to take our cat to our vet for care six days a week for more than five years. We met every one of the techs. It seemed the clinic was a revolving door. We didn't understand why; the office manager explained the job is stressful and with a high burnout rate.

RDA student in San Ramon, California

19 months ago

There's two recommendations I could make to you since I don't live that far away from San Francisco and have looked into the profession myself.

I would recommend either Foothill college in Los Altos or San Juan college's online vet tech program (they are based in New Mexico but the curriculum is online). San Juan has a really good reputation and so does foothill for medical related professions and all around.

I would not bother with Carrington because of the price and the questionable reviews.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.