vet tech grade transfer

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

AlisaW in Schoolcraft, Michigan

21 months ago

I have completed my VTNE exams and my michigan exams. I want to take my Indiana exams. I was told that I would need to transfer my AAVSB VTNE scores to Indiana. Is this true? If so, the state must be making a killing. They charge $80-100 for score transfers. By rights, I should be allowed to show them a hard copy of the scores without paying that exorbitant amount. It is already going to cost to take the exam and redo my fingerprints. I can't understand why Indiana can't request the scores since AAVSB is the national exams for both states anyway. This is ridiculous!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CindyRVT in Henderson, Texas

21 months ago

You must request from the AAVSB that your scores be sent to whatever states you want to be credentialed in. No state allows you to just show them a copy of your scores.

I have gone through Indiana's website information on becoming licensed in that state and have seen nothing about $180 fee for transfering you VTNE scores. www.in.gov/pla/2655.htm

The AAVSB does charge for score transfers: $80 for an online request and $100 for a mail/fax request. This has nothing to do with the state. This money goes straight to the AAVSB. www.aavsb.org/VTNE/Score%20Reporting/

Indiana can't request the scores because that is an invasion of your privacy. You have to request that your private information be sent to anyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.