What do you enjoy most about your victim advocate career?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Host

What do you enjoy most about being a victim advocate? What do you dislike the most? Is it challenging? Are there many opportunities to learn and advance?

What keeps you at your job?

Reply - Report abuse

Diane Olmstead in Endicott, New York

84 months ago

I have very distinct feelings of having made a differnece in the lives of victims and survivors.

I feel that there are still people and/or institutions that require education on what it means to be a victim.

After 7 years, there is never a dull moment.

Opportunities arise daily to acquire new research on statistics. funding for direct service models, networking nationally and internationaly. Various disciplines connect all the time. Community Team models are errupting as a trend.

I work for a progressive and innovative Crime Victims Assistance Agency in Broome County, NY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Shawn Mosch

80 months ago

Knowing that you made a difference and helped someone is the best feeling in the world.

I did not start out as a victim's advocate . . . my husband and I became victims of a scam in 2002 and shortly after that started a webstie to tell others what happened to us. Over the years the position of Scam Victims Advocate just came naturally.

We run the site ScamVictimsUnited.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.