Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

R. Smith in Dallas, Texas

103 months ago

Does anyone know the degree requirements to become a victim advocate? I would like to become one, but I'm not sure what classes I need to look into.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Topeka, Kansas

77 months ago

Check out fort Hays University. they offer a certificate program for victim advocacy. I am working on it now.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Dayton, Ohio

67 months ago

I am a rape counselor/advocate. Look up RAINN and go to state rape centers and find yours. from there you can pull up your local center. most advocates need a degree, but every place is different. Check with your local center and you also have to have mandatory training, however it varies in states. Mine was 80 hours of training. I have been doing this for years. You will probably need to start out as a volunteer to get familiar with everything. It is a rewarding job. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.