Waitress salaries in Mississippi

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

Melissa in Seattle, Washington

66 months ago

I'm researching a novel. A character is a waitress at a cafe in a small town in Mississippi. I'm trying to figure out how much she would make in salary. SInce Mississippi doesn't have a minimum wage, I'm at a loss! Anyone in Mississippi who could give me some idea of salaries for wait staff?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jessicaloveslsu in Natchez, Mississippi

66 months ago

I live in a small town in Mississippi and have been bar tending and waiting tables for seven years. Every where pays at least $2.13 per hour. Better places pay from $3.50 to $5.00 per hour. I have never had an employer pay the difference if the tips plus the pay rate did not equal federal minimum. Every where that I have worked used the federal minimum wage. In a small town you pay your bills off your regulars.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

DBoleware333 in Terry, Mississippi

53 months ago

I work at a small family owned buisness in flowood and I get paid $2.13 per hour plus tips. since we dont make atleast min wage(7.25) when wages and tips are added, I think we should be compensated for it, but thats not the case. I like my job but if business doesnt pick up, there gonna be left with one less server. Plus... we get paid in cash and they are not taking out taxes. In my opinion, they're glutton for punishment by the IRS...

Tj8888 in Jackson, Mississippi

5 months ago

jessicaloveslsu in Natchez, Mississippi said: I live in a small town in Mississippi and have been bar tending and waiting tables for seven years. Every where pays at least $2.13 per hour. Better places pay from $3.50 to $5.00 per hour. I have never had an employer pay the difference if the tips plus the pay rate did not equal federal minimum. Every where that I have worked used the federal minimum wage. In a small town you pay your bills off your regulars.

How much is that a year?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.