Working as a golf caddy in the US.

Comments (1)

Wind and yardage consultant in Scotland. in Leicester, United Kingdom

75 months ago

I will shortly be arriving in the US to work as a golf caddy. I will be travelling under a H2B temporary working visa and will be employed by the golf club. I will be paid a set fee for each caddy round I work and will pay tax and social security on this.

Tips are paid to us in cash at the end of each round in two ways. The member either hands us cash or they are given to us through the pro shop. We are the only employees of the club that receive tips. The question I would like to ask is, "does the golf club have a legal obligation to ensure we declare all our tips for tax purposes"?

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.