fine dining server assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Anastasia in Los Angeles, California

73 months ago

Hello there, I have a Question. I'm experienced server but in casual dining restaurants, resently got a job in fine dining place, but as a server assistant.Does someone have experience, what precentage server assistant get from server in fine dining restaurant? Thank you for your attention

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kate in Detroit, Michigan

71 months ago

If the server you are working for is great at what they do,they should give you 15 to 20 percent.An assistant is invaluable.On the other hnd you should just be as good as you can be show a desire to learn become great in your own way and in time you will be using an assisitant...Dont sabatoge your opportunity worrying whether they tip enough.Some people are just plain greedy.Find out from the manager what the formula is.For instance in my job we pay the assistant 2 percent of our total sales.I always add more because as a server I make 20 to 30 percent as a rule.You will always come across a ten percent tip now and again. Just be grateful for the job and take the opportunity to grow and develop. this is the time you are meant to pay some dues and I assure you the servers you work for paid theirs. Just get better the money will come.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

humble bumble

69 months ago

I worked at a chart house and did not like the corporate approaech.
Everything is very up tight and I felt like a robot when I had to say the script.
I do understand that some things would sound very lovely scripted but there is a nice saying to much is to much and that was deinitley to much scripting. The managers made me feel very uncomfortable everything I was saying and doing was wrong and I worked in a corperate fine dining before the charthouse and served very high class people, but this was honestley to much scripting. I love to have server training but you take away from a great servers personality when you script EVEYTHING. I am not trying to bash the place but I wored for a company for 10 years and charthouse only 12 day its to coperate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.