server tips per hour

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

bobbi royalty in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

64 months ago

Did you know that ok is the lowest paying in server hrly wages? We have stayed at 2.14 for about 15 yrs that sucks. There has got to be something we can do.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

alli in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

bobbi royalty in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Did you know that ok is the lowest paying in server hrly wages? We have stayed at 2.14 for about 15 yrs that sucks. There has got to be something we can do.

Actually I think I'm getting 2.13 in texas...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

babydoll in Indianapolis, Indiana

63 months ago

bobbi royalty in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: Did you know that ok is the lowest paying in server hrly wages? We have stayed at 2.14 for about 15 yrs that sucks. There has got to be something we can do.

$2.13/hr in Indianapolis

Stacie in Virginia Beach, Virginia

61 months ago

$2.13 in Virginia

Danni in Norman, Ok in Denton, Texas

49 months ago

It's $2.13 in Oklahoma, as well

Geof

49 months ago

Just moved back to SoCal after living in Dallas for 15 years.

It's $8.50 an hour here - the caveat though is that a lot of places will only hire people as a part time employee to avoid the mere threat of having to pay overtime. Not to mention there's the state income tax, a 8.75% sales tax (plus a 10¢ tax on each bottle you buy) & the gas prices are always at least 50¢ more a gallon than the national average & rent is 3 times what I was paying in the Metroplex.

And it is very tough to get a job here, apparently my 7+ years of bartending & 10+ years overall in the restaurant business has netted very few call backs (all my references & such are in order). An ad will appear on Craigslist & they'll usually get 100+ applicants, with 10-30 people there at the restaurant at 2pm the very day that the ad goes up.

Considering everything - I'd gladly take $2.13 & none of the hassles that $8.50 an hour apparently warrants.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.