What are typical waiter/waitress salaries?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Host

Do some companies pay a lot more for this position than others? What does a top earner make in this field?

What skills should you learn to increase your salary?

Reply - Report abuse

tiffany in Australia

112 months ago

my lowest was sofias italian restaurant,...$9 an hour and my highest is now at a cafe $18+

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Me in Lacey, Washington

105 months ago

Most restruants only pay minimum wage because you get tips!

Reply - Report abuse

joe in Kissimmee, Florida

105 months ago

I used to work as a busser, at Fultons Crab House. And even as a busser I was making 12/hr. The waiters here would make 150-200 a night, and more on busy nights.

Reply - Report abuse

John in Starkville, Mississippi

98 months ago

I work in a college town at a local bar/grill. As a server we make $2.13 an hour. The regular minimum wage (non-server) is about $6.50 now I believe. Mississippi is a very cheap state to live in though. On average with wage/tips I probably make $600 - $800 a week. So it's not the best paying, but definately not the worst either. Most people use server/waiter jobs as fillers for extra cash when moving to a different place or in between jobs. Other people love it and look for oppurtunities for future growth with the company. Most of the time, with a little hard work and motivation you can move up quick to bartending, management, or even corporate management.

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.